15 school children escape with slight injuries after a school van turned one side up

snoop1130

15 school children escape with slight injuries after a school van turned one side up
Thai PBS

2412001-wpcf_728x410.jpg

THAILAND -- Fifteen school children escaped with minor injuries after a school van in which they were travelling turned one side up as the driver tried to avoid a collision with a car.

The mishap took place Thursday morning on the Ang Sila-Bang Saen road in front of Scanivia housing estate in Tambon Saensook, Muang districtof Chon Buri.

Police said that the van carried 15 school children on its way to Muang Mai kindergarten school from the housing estate. As the van was approaching an intersection on Ang Sila-Bang Saen road, one car was seen heading toward the intersection in high speed forcing the driver, Mr Thanan Taychin, to step on the brake and make a sharp turn.

The van, however, lost control and turned one side up on the road. The children were thrown out of their seats and sustained minor injuries.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/15-school-children-escape-with-slight-injuries-after-a-school-van-turned-one-side-up

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-12-24

Terrible.

They didn't have time to black paint out the school name and logo. :(

coffee1.gif

Still better than the news reports of when they don't headcount the kids and lock it for the day with one of them asleep on the back sleep to die in the heat.

coffee1.gif

Give responsibility to a Thai at your peril.

'One side up'? Don't you mean 'on its side'? Sheesh - does anyone know decent English at ThaiPBS?

Not a chance and no way no how would they hire one to check the grade 3 level writing.

Luckily English is quite understandable even when poorly written.

Much more importantly, the students appear to have survived without injury.

I always feel unsafe while I'm in the car. The main reason is most transportations do not have seatbelt. Thailand needs a stronger regulation regarding this.

The regulations exist. The problem seems to be that nobody seems to give a damn about enforcing them.

I would NOT let my son in one of those vans ,I see how they drive ,they are very aggressive and not care about children's safety ,many times they race past me on the way to school,they need to be there first ,those who would let their child sit in one must not care too much

'One side up'? Don't you mean 'on its side'? Sheesh - does anyone know decent English at ThaiPBS?

Gee, I thought it was whimsically creative. When non-native speakers (with a certain amount of expertise) use English, often it is poetically rich.

Whimsically inaccurate, more like. Logically (a quality often missing here) a vehicle can only ever be 'one side up'.

The English at Thai PBS is always pretty awful.

But don;t me, I'm just a pedantic ex-English teacher ...

Happy Christmas, ThaiPBS (not that awful X'mas they always write here with its redundant apostrophe)

..............and the driver is blameless of course.....not speeding...someone else' fault...

....and a van full of kindergarten students.....imagine....

...if the school had any sense of responsibility they would look for a new driver...

Probably not a regulation in Thailand and two there would be compliance issues such as non compliance...

Since May 2014 5000baht fine for not wearing seat belt in public buses/vans.

Schools know this, eg: Thai Police to Enforce New Seat Belt Law | NIST ...

This looks to be a private van though. Maybe they are exempt? Trying to get a Thai to wear a seatbelt in the back of a vehicle is near impossible.

Gee, I thought it was whimsically creative. When non-native speakers (with a certain amount of expertise) use English, often it is poetically rich.

Whimsically inaccurate, more like. Logically (a quality often missing here) a vehicle can only ever be 'one side up'.

The English at Thai PBS is always pretty awful.

But don;t me, I'm just a pedantic ex-English teacher ...

Happy Christmas, ThaiPBS (not that awful X'mas they always write here with its redundant apostrophe)

I love it when someone, an ex-teacher too, comments on poor use of English and then makes two errors in one sentence of his own.