Well-known Turkish Luxury Car Dealer arrested by Pattaya Immigration

Jonathan Fairfield

Well-known Turkish Luxury Car Dealer arrested by Pattaya Immigration

turkey-6.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA:-- A 46-year-old Turkish resident of Pattaya, who is well-known as a luxury car dealer and Property Management Consultant, was arrested by Immigration on Christmas Day as he attended there to renew his visa.

Mr. Targun “Sam” Yildir, who is thought to have resided in Thailand for more than 25 years, was arrested as he renewed his yearly visa at the Immigration Office off Jomtien Beach Road on Friday afternoon.

Although Mr. Yildir is thought to be involved in around 5 Court cases in the Pattaya Provincial Court, in relation to financial disputes, he was detained on the strength of arrest warrant number 215/2558 dated 9th December and issued by the Phatumwan Court in Bangkok.

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-25

What yearly visa would a 46yo be on? business or marriage visa maybe?

I think he is on a Business VIsa (Non-B ) as being a "well-known as a luxury car dealer and Property Management Consultant" without a Work Permit would have put him in a lot of trouble before.

Edited by MJCM

Arrest Warrant issued on 9th December but only got arrested when he walked into Immigration more then 2 weeks later blink.png

why go looking for him when you know he is coming to you.

For whatever reason this guy was not going to run. No idea what was keeping him here. He has been dealing with issues like this for years and I guess ran out of time/money.

from the article "The warrant details allegations he issued a Company Cheque without having the cleared funds in his account."

what's the penalty for that here ?

From experience, if found guilty but no prior convictions, probations and few tens of thousands

in penalty, if with prior conviction, maximum 1 year and jail, plus 50-60,000 penalty...

Passing a bad cheque in Thailand is a jailable offense and is a police matter from the outset.

Again from personal experience, depends very much on the details why the check was issued

and for what reasons, the only time police will take as their case if the check was issued

for buying goods and services, other than that, police will ask you to sue in the civil court,

there're millions of dishonored check turning around every year, and if the police will

have to follow each case you can imagine the work load there...

from the article "The warrant details allegations he issued a Company Cheque without having the cleared funds in his account."

what's the penalty for that here ?

Jailed until cheque is cleared and then a fine...

Not so ...........Writing a cheque without enough funds was changed from a criminal offense to a civil matter under Thai law some some years ago

The injured party can request a warrant from the civil court.

Passing a bad cheque in Thailand is a jailable offense and is a police matter from the outset.

Again from personal experience, depends very much on the details why the check was issued

and for what reasons, the only time police will take as their case if the check was issued

for buying goods and services, other than that, police will ask you to sue in the civil court,

there're millions of dishonored check turning around every year, and if the police will

have to follow each case you can imagine the work load there...

It would give all those policemen on inactive posts something to do.

Twenty years behind the times if he writing cheques. The days of iffy personal cheques are luckily behind us. Like doing your accounting work in the basement with the lights off.

Bullsh1t! coffee1.gif Even today, some governmental departments still ONLY issue cheques/checks. I have recently received such a cheque/check. When I asked whether the money could be wired in some form, the answer was "We don't have the facilities to process wired transactions". This from one of the major world governments.....gigglem.gif

I know one of the guys with a legal case against Sam.

Sam sold his car on consignment and then refused to give my buddy his money.

After some "persuasion" Sam agreed to write a check for the first installment of the money, and surprise, surprise, the cheque bounced.

I have no idea if he was arrested on the strength of that case, but perhaps his MO is catching up with him.

Twenty years behind the times if he writing cheques. The days of iffy personal cheques are luckily behind us. Like doing your accounting work in the basement with the lights off.

Bullsh1t! coffee1.gif Even today, some governmental departments still ONLY issue cheques/checks. I have recently received such a cheque/check. When I asked whether the money could be wired in some form, the answer was "We don't have the facilities to process wired transactions". This from one of the major world governments.....gigglem.gif

US I assume.

Yeah I get a cheque for my tax return from the government... I would not class this as a hand written personal cheque though, which is what regfrancis is talking about.

This guy pops up with regularity over the years and it is usually in connection with accusations of dishonest dealings. The fact he never seems to get shut down, kicked out, jailed, etc. would suggest he is very well connected.

• 1 year later...