Pay for take away garbage in Pattaya ?

joskeshake

Hi, i wonder , where I live in soi bonkot, sometimes a lady comes and ask for pay for empty the garbage bins,ok, but is she working for the city or for herself, now she asked 5 months x 40 baht = 200 baht,not that big amount for 5 months, but i have my doubts,she give receipt, but I can make them also on pc.Anybody know more ?

I had to pay for services at my old place........ but I was sure I was just supplying drinking money for someone. I got the impression only the foreigners were being canvassed for money! My new place, never paid a penny and there are frequent trash collections.

20 baht a month where I live and I have decided to pay 12 months to save the poor guy having to come every month, which must be a pain for him. He has given a receipt, so no problem. Better than the AUD250 a year back in Perth and the fact that not everyone pays in the estate here.

Does the garbage get taken care of? If so why are you worried? Most villages pay for this service. I know we pay Baht 60 / month in Bangkok. I dont care if the person collecting the money makes a bit from it as long as the rubbish is taken care of. Several times a week the garbage truck turns up and all the bins are emptied.

Everyday at 7.30 pm a government truck turns up to collect garbage in Phuket town. I pay income tax for this service.

Anybody can buy a generic receipt book. A receipt doesn't mean the money is going to finance garbage collection. Sounds a bit feudal.

Lucky you.. We live out in farm land with no garbage pickup. Wish we had it. We have to burn our trash. All organics goes to be fertilizer or dog / cat food. All plastics, glass is saved and guy comes around a few times a month and collects that which he pays us. Something small 60-100Baht. I'm hoping one of these years they do arrange for trash pick up in our village.