"Flexible"/Agreeable Doctor

AussieRules

Had some minor administerial issues with work and I was wondering if anybody could recommend an easy going doctor who would overlook some minor health issues whilst granting an offshore medical, either that or know anywhere I'm not going to get beheaded that's doing onshore drilling ?

Cheers

Had some minor administerial issues with work and I was wondering if anybody could recommend an easy going doctor who would overlook some minor health issues whilst granting an offshore medical, either that or know anywhere I'm not going to get beheaded that's doing onshore drilling ?

Cheers

What do you class as minor health issues?

I had a little high blood pressure some years back and asked the Dr not to report it but he said he has to. Said its his medical licence on the line and looked disgusted at me for asking such a thing.

Then there was the Scottish truck driver that lied on his medical history and blacked out at the wheel a couple of times. The first time wasn't fully reported but the second time made headlines when six people died.

If you have a medical condition that would normally exclude you from working offshore, do yourself a favour and stay home and get it sorted. Your work mates don't need to be exposed to any more risk than they need to be, especially any unknown risk.

Archived