Chonburi Immigration prepare for Pattaya High Season rush

rooster59

Chonburi Immigration prepare for Pattaya High Season rush

imm-4.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: A parade of Immigration officers from around the region took place at the Immigration Bureau in Jomtien on Christmas Day afternoon, to ensure that senior officers are fully prepared to undertake their duties during the busiest time of the year in Pattaya.

Police Major General Thamrong, the Commander of Immigration Region 3, led a parade of Immigration Officers to ensure they are fully motivated and prepared to serve foreigners requiring immigration services, and to work with local Police Divisions to ensure that safety for tourists is maintained at a time of heightened global concerns over threats of terrorist acts over the festive period.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220134/chonburi-immigration-prepare-for-pattaya-high-season-rush/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-26

They keeps screaming about rush and high season....

I was in Jomtien a couple of days ago....

In and out in 30 min.....

Not seen Patts so quiet in 10 years....

Smoke and mirrors.....

If you keep talking it up, it might happen....

wai2.gif

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Edited by torpedo1970

Went Boxing Day last year and actually enjoyed the experience........All the staff in Santa hats and smiling.

So yesterday, (Christmas Day) I thought I'd go and see if it was even better ..............It was. I wait longer for the lift in my condo.

Pat on the back for the staff.

After many years in Thailand, and five different Immigration offices, my personal experience is that Pattaya (Jomtien) is the best one I've experienced. Even though I did online 90 day reporting successfully 3 times, I actually miss going there, and will probably do so in early February! I wish all the other Immigration Offices were the same!

I agree - Jomtien office is excellent. My son went to Chaeng Wattana in BKK. Despite speaking fluent Thai and maintaining his usual polite demeanour, he was treated with rudeness, disdain and extremely poor service. + the office is situated in a most inconvenient location which baffles most taxi-drivers.

I agree - Jomtien office is excellent. My son went to Chaeng Wattana in BKK. Despite speaking fluent Thai and maintaining his usual polite demeanour, he was treated with rudeness, disdain and extremely poor service. + the office is situated in a most inconvenient location which baffles most taxi-drivers.

True - CW Immigration BKK gets incredibly busy - old hands know this and arrive 1-2 hours before it opens to get in the que.

A few days a go, 50 folks were already in the queue around 2 hours before it opened. By 0830 hrs the queue snaked around 100 meters long with hundreds of folks waiting to get in - and when the doors opened it was mayhem.

Immigration officers were generally more polite this year (2015) than last year (2014) but it was still a very stressful experience - likely brought on by all the queuing and the rudeness of other folks in the queue rather than by CW immigration staff. wai2.gif

Edited by SteveB2