Oops: UK astronaut Tim Peake calls wrong number from space

rooster59

Oops: UK astronaut Tim Peake calls wrong number from space

LONDON (AP) — Anyone can dial a wrong number, but it's not often done from outer space.

British astronaut Tim Peake tweeted an apology on Christmas Day from the International Space Station after calling a wrong number.

He wrote "I'd like to apologize to the lady I just called by mistake saying 'Hello, is this planet Earth?' — not a prank call — just a wrong number!"

The 43-year-old former army helicopter pilot did not say who he was calling. Since he's Britain's first publicly funded astronaut and the first Briton to visit the space station, millions of Britons have been following his mission closely.

Peake has also used Twitter to send Christmas greetings.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-12-26

The BBC have been going crazy over his ' exploits' since he blasted off

It may be too late for the New Years Honours List but I fully expect him to be knighted in the Birthday Honours, and for what?

Sitting here, shaking my head in embarrassment... post-35489-0-51942400-1430744543.gif

The BBC have been going crazy over his ' exploits' since he blasted off

It may be too late for the New Years Honours List but I fully expect him to be knighted in the Birthday Honours, and for what ?

Historically, knighthoods were awarded for killing, enslaving and/or taxing the enemies of the monarch and stealing their lands.

Personally, I prefer the current system.

Plenty of actors get knighthoods. Sir Michael Caine for example (not a lot of people know that).