Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

1 hour ago, Touch wood said:

TM 30 is only being in-forced in Chiang Mai, it started about six months ago first time. None of the other states of the country Aliens have to do this TM 30, its all political- not revenue collecting crush the opposition homebase.

This isn't true. TM30s are required in other provinces.  See this thread:  

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 7:48 AM, CMBob said:

Gone (at least for now) are the old days that updating a TM30 took 3-5 minutes. 

Did I miss something?

I reentered the country on Nov 2016 and my condo management updated my TM30 online for me.

Why would it be so difficult to update for you?

Edited by EricTh

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Did I miss something?

I reentered the country on Nov 2016 and my condo management updated my TM30 online for me.

If you read the various posts, we were talking about updating at the Immigration office.  Some of us actually update for ourselves and, of course, we don't have an online account with Immigration which would allow the update to be done over the web.  In previous days, when Building 3 at the old Immigration office was handling the TM30 stuff, updating typically took less than 5 minutes.

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did I miss something?

The online system has been taken down since before the first of the year.  Our condo used that system too, but when we came back into the country around Christmas they asked us to do our own TM30 updating.  They said they're just filing TM30s on behalf of new residents.  Current residents are on their own for updating.  Actually, this is a fair request, because (in theory) all you have to do is take your passport to the office at 2nd floor Imm. Prom. with your new TM6 entry card and have them enter that data into their system and date stamp your old TM30 receipt again, but that took a couple hours when I went to do it because of the herd of people trying to file TM30s.

2 minutes ago, opalred said:

i think a lot of story telling   goes on

or been not nice to immigration in past

i went last week 

needed change old passport to new one 

reentry and 90 day

3numbers  there 8 left at 12 all completed 

It all depends on the day

There was many when i attended the other week

Agreed, it depends on the day.  Did a first-time visit to Promenada on late Tuesday afternoon to do a TM30 report. No one was waiting. No problem.  A staff of three people handling the processing in a more organized way than in the old airport office.

I took a look downstairs.  Altogether, there were less than 20 "customers" doing one thing or another.  Since I had no business to conduct, I did not ask about how many were processed, etc., and if any late-comers were being handled, but it was clear that the officers were not very occupied.  Nonetheless I would definitely advise coming early in the day since work quotas are (I gather) in effect. 

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NancyL said:

The online system has been taken down since before the first of the year.  Our condo used that system too, but when we came back into the country around Christmas they asked us to do our own TM30 updating.  They said they're just filing TM30s on behalf of new residents.  Current residents are on their own for updating.  Actually, this is a fair request, because (in theory) all you have to do is take your passport to the office at 2nd floor Imm. Prom. with your new TM6 entry card and have them enter that data into their system and date stamp your old TM30 receipt again, but that took a couple hours when I went to do it because of the herd of people trying to file TM30s.

I don't see how this is in any way whinging or scale mongering -- just a simple report of my experience.  Instead of attacking me, my usual "fan club" should have asked for clarification about what date I went to file my TM30, time of day, etc.  Well, since you asked (NOT!), I arrived around 8:30 am on Wednesday, December 28 and I reported the experience in more detail on ThaiVisa.com that day or the next.  It seemed the poor lady handling the TM30 desk was swamped, while other I/Os in the same room were doing nothing but playing with their phones.

Since then it seems, according to Mapguy, they's improved the workflow and gotten some additional manpower onto the TM30 desk.  

They still don't have the on-line system for filing TM30s back on-line.  

Yes, NancyL, apparently there has been improvement.  And certainly progress beyond the catch-as-catch-can situation at the airport office.  To describe the situation on a late Tuesday afternoon more fully,  there were three young staff processing the reports. They were organized by function, also.  For example, the first officer was doing the review or completion of first reports.  The second officer was manning a computer (No picture taking evident).  A third officer was processing existing TM30 report receipts mounted in passports.     It was not busy at this visit, but everyone should still be aware that there is an ebb and flow of people filing reports, and probably more customers to handle and more at other times of the day, especially since the on-line reporting is down.

There is another important variable: the preparation that foreigners have done in advance.  I suspect most foreigners probably don't do much if any preparation so it is necessary to fill out the report form when arriving.  That would certainly be a slower and often confusing process.  Wouldn't be surprised if tempers boil over.  The attitude of some confused (and arrogant) foreigners (which I have witnessed in the past) does not help 

A big problem causing delay might indeed be understanding who is authorized as the house master (or whatever the term is).  My reading of earlier reports and personal experience is that there is quite a bit of slack with the officer (given that the proper person is not present) even accepting a "forged" signature (in Thai) of the name of an absent house master upon presentation, for example, of copies of a rental contract and tabian ban of the landlord in a rental situation.

All in all, this law and the enforcement of this task is still problematic, especially given the gross lack of clearly posted information on Thai Immigration web sites and other helpful guidance.  That is a management problem.  But that failure can be compounded by the poor attitude and behavior of too many foreigners.  It is surprising that more officers don't wilt and blow their stacks!  Blessedly, if people are reasonable, there is almost always a practical middle ground found. 

4 hours ago, opalred said:

what are these tm30 never been asked on retirement visa yet

This...

This is something I can't really understand about the TM 30: I succesfully got my yearly retirement extension + 90 days report last week at PROM without having any TM30 paper of any sort in my passport (never registered for a TM30). And no question, nobody asked for.

Of course I was prepared/ready to register for a TM30 at the same time if needed, but...

A TM28 was done 12 years ago, yes. But a TM30, never...

I suspect, but obviously don't know, that could be because:

- I've lived at the same address in CNX since 12 years now,

- so my 90 days reports are always the same,

- and I've not leaved the country since a long time (last re-entry: January 2009),

- so in their computer I've always been settled in the same place with no move,

- then no need of a TM30.

Just speculating here :smile:

Does someone really know about this?

Are there others here in the same "TM30 no need/not asked" wagon when applying for an extension or a 90 days report?

Thanks

6 hours ago, gobs said:

This...

This is something I can't really understand about the TM 30: I succesfully got my yearly retirement extension + 90 days report last week at PROM without having any TM30 paper of any sort in my passport (never registered for a TM30). And no question, nobody asked for.

Of course I was prepared/ready to register for a TM30 at the same time if needed, but...

A TM28 was done 12 years ago, yes. But a TM30, never...

I suspect, but obviously don't know, that could be because:

- I've lived at the same address in CNX since 12 years now,

- so my 90 days reports are always the same,

- and I've not leaved the country since a long time (last re-entry: January 2009),

- so in their computer I've always been settled in the same place with no move,

- then no need of a TM30.

Just speculating here :smile:

Does someone really know about this?

Are there others here in the same "TM30 no need/not asked" wagon when applying for an extension or a 90 days report?

Thanks

Yes, this is consistent with what Sgt. Nicky, the officer who is normally doing retirement extensions told me a couple weeks ago when I did my retirement extension.  Everything in their system "matches", i.e. your address, you've done 90 day reports from that address and your TM6 card number is the same as what they have in the system, then no need for a TM30.  But, if you leave the country and come back, you'll have a new TM6 card number and will need to file a TM30 or update an existing one.  If you move, same problem.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NancyL said:

I am really sadden that they took so long to 'repair' the on-line system. It's been one month now.

Hopefully, they can get it up sometimes in Feb 2017 or else the immigration staff handling TM30 will be overloaded.

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Yes, this is consistent with what Sgt. Nicky, the officer who is normally doing retirement extensions told me a couple weeks ago when I did my retirement extension.  Everything in their system "matches", i.e. your address, you've done 90 day reports from that address and your TM6 card number is the same as what they have in the system, then no need for a TM30.  But, if you leave the country and come back, you'll have a new TM6 card number and will need to file a TM30 or update an existing one.  If you move, same problem.

Sorry, I thought it is 90 days from the TM6 card and not from the address.

Because we can go out of the country many times but from the same address.

Correct me if I am wrong.

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Sorry, I thought it is 90 days from the TM6 card and not from the address.

Because we can go out of the country many times but from the same address.

Correct me if I am wrong.

To avoid confusion, I believe they were talking about the TM30 filings....which one would need to update if re-entering the country or if one moved addresses (actually, in case of a move or re-entering to a new address, you'd have to file a new original TM30 filed for that address as opposed to an update).

With respect to the 90-day address reporting (whenever you're continuously within Thailand for 90 days), it's 90 days from the date you enter the country which, of course, would also be the date stamped on your TM6 card.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NancyL said:

Yes, this is consistent with what Sgt. Nicky, the officer who is normally doing retirement extensions told me a couple weeks ago ...

Thanks for the info. I do appreciate...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

My arrival card is stapled into the passport, that way it doesn't get lost

I do the same but also take a copy of the photo & Visa page(s) of the passport and copy of TM30&Dept card and keep them on the computer and carry a copy (I sheet of paper) in a plastic envelope in my wallet.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:58 AM, scottiejohn said:

I do the same but also take a copy of the photo & Visa page(s) of the passport and copy of TM30&Dept card and keep them on the computer and carry a copy (I sheet of paper) in a plastic envelope in my wallet.

Mine is scanned onto a hard drive as well, backed up on a portable, also backed up on Google Drive for remote access in case I'm in transit. Handy to print out and mail in for the 90 day report and other times a copy is needed. I use a Canon 287 printer/scanner/copier, cheap, a bit temperamental with the ink cartridges, but well worth the trouble. 

On 1/24/2017 at 6:30 PM, NancyL said:

I don't see how this is in any way whinging or scale mongering -- just a simple report of my experience.  Instead of attacking me, my usual "fan club" should have asked for clarification about what date I went to file my TM30, time of day, etc.  Well, since you asked (NOT!), I arrived around 8:30 am on Wednesday, December 28 and I reported the experience in more detail on ThaiVisa.com that day or the next.  It seemed the poor lady handling the TM30 desk was swamped, while other I/Os in the same room were doing nothing but playing with their phones.

Since then it seems, according to Mapguy, they's improved the workflow and gotten some additional manpower onto the TM30 desk.  

I went to the immigration department upstairs, the same place as the application for residence cert, today.

I asked two lady officers about this TM30 updating stuff whose English weren't good and they didn't understand what I said.

Finally, a male officer explained to me that the online system is still not up today and I would have to go there again should I leave the country again.

He said that I don't have to report within 24 hours of coming back into the country, it can be several weeks or even 1 month.

I didn't ask whether I can do it at the same time as the 90 days report which will save me one trip, does anyone know? I find it a hassle to do both 90 days report and TM30.

46 minutes ago, true blue said:

Belive the c/m immigration are organising a party to celebrate the occasion.

Maybe.  Back in the U.S., Hubby was in an organization that had a tradition of having "going away" parties whenever someone was transferred or otherwise moving onto a new assignment within the big multinational company.  He had a new secretary from Hong Kong who didn't quite understand the tradition, but gamely stepped in to organize one such office party.  She had banners and such made up calling it a "go away party", as in "Nancy go away" party.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I went to the immigration department upstairs, the same place as the application for residence cert, today.

I asked two lady officers about this TM30 updating stuff whose English weren't good and they didn't understand what I said.

Finally, a male officer explained to me that the online system is still not up today and I would have to go there again should I leave the country again.

He said that I don't have to report within 24 hours of coming back into the country, it can be several weeks or even 1 month.

I didn't ask whether I can do it at the same time as the 90 days report which will save me one trip, does anyone know? I find it a hassle to do both 90 days report and TM30.

Well nothing like flexibity, we have gone from reporting TM 30 in 24 hours (impossible if you arrive Friday night) to 72 hours to one month.:coffee1:

90 day reporting is obviously  from the time you arrive in the country which you can mail, that saves a trip but does not co incide with TM 30 reporting

Actually, opalred, its isn't same same same at Imm. Prom.  That's what keeps this thread in business.  They're forever coming up with new procedures, new forms, new rules.  Remember the Foreign National Information Form?  For a few months last year that was the talk of the forum.  They wanted to know what we had for breakfast and who we slept with (well, not exactly, but close).  Now, if someone tries to hand them a FNIF, they look at it like they've never seen that form before and hand it back.  

The main purpose of this thread is to exchange information about what's currently happening at Imm. Prom. so people can know what to expect and arrive prepared.     

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, opalred said:

last time i was at prom i got a ear bashing from a USA man

telling the god story and how bad Buddhism was

Do you know where this American guy is staying and his name? He shouldn't be in Thailand.

Please note that insulting Buddhism is a serious crime in Thailand as most Thais are Buddhist including the royal family.

It's just like a Buddhist going to America and saying how BAD Christianity is.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Actually, opalred, its isn't same same same at Imm. Prom.  That's what keeps this thread in business.  They're forever coming up with new procedures, new forms, new rules.  Remember the Foreign National Information Form?  For a few months last year that was the talk of the forum.  They wanted to know what we had for breakfast and who we slept with (well, not exactly, but close).  Now, if someone tries to hand them a FNIF, they look at it like they've never seen that form before and hand it back.  

The main purpose of this thread is to exchange information about what's currently happening at Imm. Prom. so people can know what to expect and arrive prepared.     

NancyL is one of the very few helpful ones here. Great job and sad to see you go to Malaysia (if that is truly confirmed).

I doubt anybody else can fill your selfish-less shoes to help others. Most people here are only interested in helping their selfish selves.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1