Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Oy!  Of late on what is supposed to be a useful topic with helpful factual information for everyone on an impoprtant matter, there has been a spate of posts that are nothing but opinion or, worse, just a string of ad hominem insults.  That is NOT the least bit useful to anyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After an admittedly brief search I haven't seen anything mentioned lately about Extensions based on Marriage. I have to do one for the first time very soon so I just want to check a couple of things.

Firstly, my Mrs says she heard (from a source that may or may not be reliable) that Marriage Extensions are now being processed at the Airport office, not at Promenada any more. I'm doubting this as I haven't come across anything mentioned here on TV about that, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Secondly, has anyone done a Marriage Extension recently? Any notable changes to the process? How early do you need to arrive?

Thirdly, I've heard that the application has to be submitted within the last 30 days of the current stay. For example, if I am stamped in until 2 December then I cannot apply for extension until 3 November, correct?

Any help much appreciated.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, ThaiPauly said:

You must have just been unlucky with the times you went there.

I never had any real issues at Airport Immigration, it was certainly much more efficient than Prom. Never had a problem getting a seat there either.

I cant  remember being treated like an animal at the airport office or not getting a seat and a coffee but I do remember that there were 3 officers processing retirement visas, 2 in  the front of the far too small office and a lady officer dealing with extensions out the back.If we can agree that sometimes there is only 1 officer doing the extensions at Promenada there in lies the problem.Lack of staff,not space

On the rare occcasions I missed the "90 day mail in window" a trip in at 3.30pm  meant a 15 min wait, max.

Hopefully the new building will be better staffed. A hot line phone number will be made available, and well publicised, so people can get up todate information from a reliable source like Beegrade's enquiry above rather than wading through TV

.Dont expect any easy parking it will be  walk from Airport Plaza or a spot at the service station over the road.

Driving past the new building last week you would hope that 6 mths will see its completion and its fit out will include some inclusions from this century and a bunch of new happy ,helpful staff.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 11:40 AM, Beegrade said:

After an admittedly brief search I haven't seen anything mentioned lately about Extensions based on Marriage. I have to do one for the first time very soon so I just want to check a couple of things.

Retirement extensions are a ONE Stop service, marriage extensions are NOT, so they are done at the Airport office. At least this is the way I always understood it, so if I"m wrong, someone clear us up. Marriage is a bit complicated from what I've heard. 

As for the complaints about poor service, for 13.5 years I've always been well treated and efficiently handled at either office. Well, it got rather crowded and hectic at the Airport office for a while, didn't it? The officials were quite overworked; hence, the transition to Promenada. I never saw anything deliberate or conspiratorial about that. Also, for a while at Promenada it seems you had to get there extra early, but that was just once and really, I love Thailand and these temporary problems are no serious burden to me. Thank you everybody at Immigration for your tireless efforts and courteous, prompt service. 

26 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

9:30 this morning the line outside was about 40 meters long. 

Priority Service got me in and out in 23.54 minutes.  

Over 75,disabled or something else?

Edited by Thailand

I went by Prom today, after flying in this morning from LTH and on to CNX.  Quickest trip since a Christmas Day 90 day report in 2014.  No mention of my two week long trips to BKK.  Five minutes.  Nice staff up there.  No number issued for me..many others had numbers and TBH, they weren't enjoying it...fines looming, landlord absent, something.....

Edited by BuddyDean

12 hours ago, Dante99 said:

9:30 this morning the line outside was about 40 meters long. 

Priority Service got me in and out in 23.54 minutes.  

I take it this was done upstairs as the Agents have to go upstairs now

SO that is why you got done quick

Compared to the ground floor one stop shop where most people go

Marriage extensions are at Prom until the new building opens at the airport.  Friend did his yesterday: arrived at 8.20 and was #3 in the line.

90 day reports busy, though.  Even in the afternoon about a 90 min wait, probably due to the disruption last week.

3 hours ago, Greenside said:

Marriage extensions are at Prom until the new building opens at the airport.  Friend did his yesterday: arrived at 8.20 and was #3 in the line.

90 day reports busy, though.  Even in the afternoon about a 90 min wait, probably due to the disruption last week.

Likely correct, and at 15:10, yesterday...no more numbers for 90 day reports....so everyone, who doesn't have the wherewithal to mail a letter was screwed.

This week I visited Immigration on two successive afternoons to get a residence  letter.  Two things to note.

This week the Immigration Office appeared very busy with popular procedures. Period.    For example, on both days I was there the queue for 90-day reports was closed down.  On both afternoons, there appeared to be quite a few supplicants stranded. Go with a book and patience with some few exceptions, but I did find one exception at least at about 14:30 in the afternoon. The interior waiting rooms were both packed with people.

For THB500 there is next day service to get a residence letter in Room 7 on the Ground Floor with two totally bored staff. I had all the appropropriate documents. It took less than five minutes the first day to apply since there was one person there before me who wasn't prepared and had to trot off to the copy shop next door.  No big deal for him.  Took me less than one minute on the next afternoon to pick up the letter.  However,  judging from the large stacks of applications and finished letters in that office, I suggest that mornings, at least, must be busier.

If you don't want to pony up THB500, you can go through the drill to make an appointment on the 2d Floor office to submit a request, then (if I've got this down right) return at the time of your appointment, then, two weeks later return for your letter.  Judging from the crowds I have seen up there lately, you'll need to be quite patient.

I am NOT - repeat - NOT suggesting more opinion about paying the fee, but if anyone has some helpful guidance with factual and complete information based on experience on a timely basis, please add it.

Good luck to all!!

Oh, yes, G4T, did not (this week, at least) do any letters.

Edited by Mapguy
Spelling

19 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Read it again

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I Did

quote Priority Service got me in and out in 23.54 minutes.

This Means a Agent  Who go upstairs

I think i know how it works

Plus did not advise what was done Visa,  90 Day Or Re Entry

Dante99 should reply

That is unless you know him?

6 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

I Did

quote Priority Service got me in and out in 23.54 minutes.

This Means a Agent  Who go upstairs

I think i know how it works

Plus did not advise what was done Visa,  90 Day Or Re Entry

Dante99 should reply

That is unless you know him?

If you read the question by Thailand about my post, his post #1629 immediately after my post, you will see some of the categories that are included in Priority Service.  Priority Service is a service offered by CM Immigration and has absolutely nothing to do with an agent.  About this you are misinformed.  If you read a bit more, the subsequent posts,  you might just have got it.  I did not have an agent nor did I go upstairs.

18 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

If you read the question by Thailand about my post, his post #1629 immediately after my post, you will see some of the categories that are included in Priority Service.  Priority Service is a service offered by CM Immigration and has absolutely nothing to do with an agent.  About this you are misinformed.  If you read a bit more, the subsequent posts,  you might just have got it.  I did not have an agent nor did I go upstairs.

yes, within the usual simple criteria

If you actually used plain English

Yes it was for over 75

End of reply

Roger Over and Out

1 hour ago, Lizard2010 said:

yes, within the usual simple criteria

If you actually used plain English

Yes it was for over 75

End of reply

Roger Over and Out

Nothing not plain about my English.  But your lack of understanding will be taken into consideration.

No it was not for over 75.  

• Like 1

Passed the Airport Immigration today ,and it seems to be coming along nicely,

they have the windows in and the car park out front has been concreted ,just  

hope they recruit a few more staff.and bring back the online appointments,but 

that might be asking too much.

regards worgeordie

On 10/31/2017 at 11:40 AM, Beegrade said:

Firstly, my Mrs says she heard (from a source that may or may not be reliable) that Marriage Extensions are now being processed at the Airport office, not at Promenada any more. I'm doubting this as I haven't come across anything mentioned here on TV about that, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Secondly, has anyone done a Marriage Extension recently? Any notable changes to the process? How early do you need to arrive?

Thirdly, I've heard that the application has to be submitted within the last 30 days of the current stay. For example, if I am stamped in until 2 December then I cannot apply for extension until 3 November, correct?

I was there last month to enquire about current proceedures, documentation and best time to arrive in the morning and was informed by a trainee that there are now some changes. Go along to their office and pick up the additional forms ,one includes an affirmation that you must have read and understood the rules regarding overstay before signing. The new info. sheet is in Thai and no English so best to get your wife to visit.

I was told to get to Office No. 3 outside by about 7.30 am.

Please keep us updated re any further useful information.

I discovered yesterday to my chagrin that G4T has closed its doors. I then wandered over to the upstairs One Stop service area and nobody there could tell me a thing about the demise of G4T.  I had made an appointment with them on Oct 24th to do my annual extension late this month. My own impression is that they performed a helpful service for reasonable fees and always had plenty of takers. Thus it’s not easy to understand why they folded their tent. If anyone knows more about G4T, please do tell.

I greatly respect the staff at Immigration and hope that vitally needed improvements can be made.  While they have for the most part been polite and helpful to me over the past 14 years, it seems such an incredible waste to have to endure annual extensions, losing an entire day in the process. You’d think they’d adopt a longer term to ease the workload on themselves if for no other reason.  Good people; impossible bureaucracy. 

1 hour ago, Fore Man said:

I discovered yesterday to my chagrin that G4T has closed its doors. I then wandered over to the upstairs One Stop service area and nobody there could tell me a thing about the demise of G4T.  I had made an appointment with them on Oct 24th to do my annual extension late this month. My own impression is that they performed a helpful service for reasonable fees and always had plenty of takers. Thus it’s not easy to understand why they folded their tent. If anyone knows more about G4T, please do tell.

I greatly respect the staff at Immigration and hope that vitally needed improvements can be made.  While they have for the most part been polite and helpful to me over the past 14 years, it seems such an incredible waste to have to endure annual extensions, losing an entire day in the process. You’d think they’d adopt a longer term to ease the workload on themselves if for no other reason.  Good people; impossible bureaucracy. 

There is a bucket load of information relating on this forum just requires a bit of digging.  Two related threads running right at this moment.

Last week, there were a few people on the retirement queue who didn't get their TM30 slips.

They were directed to the floor upstairs to get their TM30... wasn't sure whether they were successful. The queue for TM30 is long and they might not have the right documents to get one.

This is a new requirement for retirement visas.

Edited by EricTh

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Last week, there were a few people on the retirement queue who didn't get their TM30 slips.

They were directed to the floor upstairs to get their TM30... wasn't sure whether they were successful. The queue for TM30 is long and they might not have the right documents to get one.

This is a new requirement for retirement visas.

Do you happen to know if you need the actual slip in the passport or is the printout from my condo's TM30 report sufficient? It was just fine for my recent residency cert as a proof of address.

David