Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

There is nothing 'ludicrous' about this. They are there to help out fellow foreigners.

Some foreign retirees who has been living in Thailand for umpteen years like NancyL has tons of information and can explain the procedures better than those interns and with shorter time.

Of course, immigration must choose suitable retirees carefully. Maybe they can have the same benefits as the interns.

Would love to see them in their college girl mini skirts!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

There is nothing 'ludicrous' about this. They are there to help out fellow foreigners.

Some foreign retirees who has been living in Thailand for umpteen years like NancyL has tons of information and can explain the procedures better than those interns and with shorter time.

Of course, immigration must choose suitable retirees carefully. Maybe they can have the same benefits as the interns.

Find it middling

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

Find it midingly amusuing a person can arrange a passport get a few bob together.travel a long way to Los then if want to stay can not fill in simple tm form and a few photostats to extend there stay.they must be either mentaly challanged or uneducated yanks

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 6:35 PM, NancyL said:

This is EXACTLY what I was writing about.  Other parts of Thailand aren't enforcing TM30s, or if they are, they aren't fining 1600 baht.  And other parts of Thailand don't make it frustrating for the newly arrived.  See, Casuanus you got "skinned" for $10,000 -- to whom?  A visa agent.  Guess where part of that fee went?  It is in the interests of Imm. to stonewall newcomers, to give them incomplete information, to throw up roadblocks so that they go to see visa agents.

As for E/S saying he was well treated by the smiling college interns.  All they had to do was look at his passport or even the general way he conducted himself and know this wasn't his first rodeo in Chiang Mai.  And when he asked the directions to the new G4T office, they knew he was part of the "in crowd".

Why does Chiang Mai seems to be different than the rest of Thailand -- that's a good question, and one that we'll continue to ask as we transition on our way to a 10 year retirement visa in Sabah state, Borneo, Malaysia.  There are several reasons we're going, but the unchecked conditions at the CM Imm. office, i.e. the question of "indeed, why is it so much different than the rest of Thailand" is one of the reasons.  

Well, I said immigration wasn't responsible for me getting skinned. It was the shippers who confiscated my stuff because one of them wanted to steal a 750 Kawasaki motorcycle, but I don't want to get into that, not really on topic. I don't mean to be insensitive to those who have trouble with CM Immigration, but I've never had any trouble at all, they've always been most helpful and I look forward to seeing them every time. All of the forms and procedures seem extremely simple and straightforward to me. The TM30 has been a pain in the rear, but not much of a hardship for 12 years of bliss in Thailand. I do suggest Google for checking on procedures, well explained on Thaivisa or DonsLifeinThailand. Of course, I have an advantage with an articulate and lovely Thai wife to help cut through it all. Also, having been here for years, I have all the copies and forms on a folder on my computer and print them out in advance, already partially filled out, and the routine is old hat by now. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the critical attitude towards CM Immigration because I've gotten to know them over the years and they've always been perfectly helpful and polite even the three years before I met my Thai wife. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, true blue said:

Ye but would they give u a work permit.after taking a job of a Thai

Please note that the interns are also not paid. If I am correct, the interns are there to gain some real-life experience.

This is entirely voluntary, all the foreign retirees get is maybe some free plain water or free rides to Promenada. 

9 hours ago, true blue said:

Find it middling

Find it midingly amusuing a person can arrange a passport get a few bob together.travel a long way to Los then if want to stay can not fill in simple tm form and a few photostats to extend there stay.they must be either mentaly challanged or uneducated yanks

The instructions in English are usually not clear or missing and immigration use broken and confusing English. There is a difference between proper English and broken English. 

If everything is clear like what you've said, there won't be so many questions asked at the information counter where the interns are.

I usually stand around there to try to listen to what the foreigners asked the interns.

I had a conversation with a few of them and all of them told me that the instructions(marriage, retirement, extension etc) are confusing.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Please note that the interns are also not paid. If I am correct, the interns are there to gain some real-life experience.

This is entirely voluntary, all the foreign retirees get is maybe some free plain water or free rides to Promenada. 

Or free ride to immigration detention

Edited by true blue
Spell check

I keep dropping in and out of this thread, but I'm here now to ask a question regarding a comment I saw some time ago.

We don't do 90 day reports, we always go somewhere before the 90 days are up, the condo management are responsible for reporting us as coming back; I doubt they do but it's never been a problem and it certainly isn't our problem.

I read somewhere that when you re-enter the country, you're supposed to fill out some form once you've passed through immigration clearance, I remember 'round a corner' being mentioned.  We're going to Australia in a couple of weeks and would like to know if anyone knows the current system (I know it changes a lot) and if we do have to go to some counter to report that we are back in the country before we leave the immigration area.

Will be very grateful if anyone can fill me in on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konini said:

I keep dropping in and out of this thread, but I'm here now to ask a question regarding a comment I saw some time ago.

We don't do 90 day reports, we always go somewhere before the 90 days are up, the condo management are responsible for reporting us as coming back; I doubt they do but it's never been a problem and it certainly isn't our problem.

I read somewhere that when you re-enter the country, you're supposed to fill out some form once you've passed through immigration clearance, I remember 'round a corner' being mentioned.  We're going to Australia in a couple of weeks and would like to know if anyone knows the current system (I know it changes a lot) and if we do have to go to some counter to report that we are back in the country before we leave the immigration area.

Pretty sure what you're talking about is the TM30. If you don't have a stub already in your passport, you're liable for a 1600 baht fine. I always knew about that, but the first ten years I was here nobody ever bothered with it and it wasn't enforced, but recently some people have been getting called on it and fined. I voluntarily went it and paid the fine. The rule is that anytime you sleep somewhere overnight besides the address on your 90 day report, or re enter Thailand, then you must get a new TM30 within 24 hours.  You can look this up on the Bangkok immigration site where it is clearly written. Much of the confusion and argument in this thread is concerned with that. It appears that in some places it is being enforced but in others not. Also, some people believe that it's the property owner's responsibility. Technically, this is true, but it's also very inconvenient to get shot down when you go in for a visa extension and don't have the stub in your passport.  Now, I'm not sure if this answers your question, and I can't say that you will ever be called on a missing TM30 stub, but that's the law and it's always a possibility. Hope this helps.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konini said:

hi  Konnini

everytime E/S goes to the land down under, the 90 day kicks off again from my return date,

BUT

now  with the TM 30 being enforced by C/M Immgr Dept, you need  TM30  to get  the 90 day report stamp

therefore  in  E/S case  few weeks ago, i got my TM 30, ( my old shelia  paid the  1600 baht  fine) and at the same time my 90 day report was approved

so E./S has got the ball rolling again (touch wood)

BUT   on my next return  from  OZ in late  APRIL ,E/S must get a new TM30, within 24 hrs of  arrival, to keep that 90 day ball rolling along and ,for the next one to be approved

thats the way E/S see,s it, you wonder why the old champ goes to a visa agency,fluff its a merry go around, and the above can certainly be corrected

BTW the housing boom prices etc etc appears to be subsiding, me thinks u sold at the top of the market

its a good luck early evening to all

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Pretty sure what you're talking about is the TM30. If you don't have a stub already in your passport, you're liable for a 1600 baht fine. I always knew about that, but the first ten years I was here nobody ever bothered with it and it wasn't enforced, but recently some people have been getting called on it and fined. I voluntarily went it and paid the fine. The rule is that anytime you sleep somewhere overnight besides the address on your 90 day report, or re enter Thailand, then you must get a new TM30 within 24 hours.  

It seems that the TM30 enforcement which was 100% enforced out at the old Immigration office is not being 100% enforced at Promenada Immigration.  For example only, as I noted before, a friend recently extended his Tourist Visa, didn't have any TM30 filed for him, and nobody at Promenada even asked about it.

Also, as I noted before, I specifically asked the Immigration officer why some officers were saying you only have to "update" your TM30 when you re-enter the country whereas at least one or more officers are saying that one must do it if even gone 24 hours from your registered address within country.  The Immigration officer acknowledged that different stories are being given by the officers and, when I asked the officer what the heck I should do, I was exactly told with a smile: "Up to you!"  I'm only updating when I re-enter the country and we'll see if I ever have a problem.  Hopefully not.

6 minutes ago, CMBob said:

It seems that the TM30 enforcement which was 100% enforced out at the old Immigration office is not being 100% enforced at Promenada Immigration.  For example only, as I noted before, a friend recently extended his Tourist Visa, didn't have any TM30 filed for him, and nobody at Promenada even asked about it.

Also, as I noted before, I specifically asked the Immigration officer why some officers were saying you only have to "update" your TM30 when you re-enter the country whereas at least one or more officers are saying that one must do it if even gone 24 hours from your registered address within country.  The Immigration officer acknowledged that different stories are being given by the officers and, when I asked the officer what the heck I should do, I was exactly told with a smile: "Up to you!"  I'm only updating when I re-enter the country and we'll see if I ever have a problem.  Hopefully not.

I think you're right, that it's only when entering the country (TM30). I may have been told wrongly. Maybe Don's Life can help, if it's okay for me to post the link: http://donslifeinthailand.com/TM28_Imm_Law.html

7 minutes ago, cusanus said:

I think you're right, that it's only when entering the country (TM30). I may have been told wrongly. Maybe Don's Life can help, if it's okay for me to post the link: http://donslifeinthailand.com/TM28_Imm_Law.html

Don Passed away last year

So things have changed since then

As others have  stated  it depends on the Imm Officer On The Day

We will never know What is the right thing

No matter what some people say About Their Expetences

Edited by Lizard2010

<<<<Removed post edited out>>>>

Renewed my ext of stay today

Nary a mentioned at all of this mythical troublesome.tm 30.wanted a copy of my last 90 day report

Otherwise everything honkey dorey. Quoted 44 baht to sterling for income letter.???

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Some posts containing offensive comments and inflammatory comments have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.  As we have never done a 90 day report in the 7 or so years we've been here - our only dealings with immigration have been extensions and certificates of residency - I think we might just leave it to chance.  Seems that you only get pulled at your next 90 day report (which we will never be in the situation of doing).  If the condo management don't do their bit, then that's a them problem not a me problem.

Looking forward to getting to Lygon Street and tucking into a monster-sized souva at Lambs, although temps in Melbourne are looking at low 40's at the moment; hopefully it will be a little more agreeable by the time we get there.

Happened to drive by the old Airport Imm site this week ,seems at a quick glance the old building at the rear has been levelled ready for rebuilding.The office near the coffee shop still intact. Parking of course will be non existent so Airport Plaza will have to soak up a few vehicles.

Drove round in circles at the Airport parking lot that's reached saturation point

37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Happened to drive by the old Airport Imm site this week ,seems at a quick glance the old building at the rear has been levelled ready for rebuilding.The office near the coffee shop still intact. Parking of course will be non existent so Airport Plaza will have to soak up a few vehicles.

Drove round in circles at the Airport parking lot that's reached saturation point

I have heard that there will be parking in or under the building

We will have to wait till it is built before we can comment more

On 7/13/2016 at 1:43 PM, RPCVguy said:

Does anyone have more info as to when or where the LAMPANG office might open?

Lampang Immigration Office.png

I might be leaving the Chiang Mai forum, but the notification of details has not been forthcoming.
The current slow response from my latest mailed 90-day report suggests the transition is underway.

22 hours ago, cusanus said:

When re-entering the country, unless you have changed your address the TM30 needs to be endorsed at Prom immigration.top floor.. They simply endorse the existing TM30 in your passport and enter updated info on the computer. You do not NOT need a new TM30 receipt of notification.

It should be done within 24 hours of returning but leeway is given for weekends and holidays.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Might well be Lizard but its such a small site it would be minimal.Why they didnt acquire a larger site is beyond comprehension

Imm is obviously self funding ,the daily baht turnover must be huge.

Plenty of parking at Prom, a lot more when immigration move back to the airport. Perhaps they will provide shuttle service between the two places!  1512040.gif

On 2/10/2017 at 5:07 PM, Thailand said:

When re-entering the country, unless you have changed your address the TM30 needs to be endorsed at Prom immigration.top floor.. They simply endorse the existing TM30 in your passport and enter updated info on the computer. You do not NOT need a new TM30 receipt of notification.

It should be done within 24 hours of returning but leeway is given for weekends and holidays.

The officer I asked 2 weeks ago said it doesn't need to be 24 hours. It can be one or a few weeks.

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

The officer I asked 2 weeks ago said it doesn't need to be 24 hours. It can be one or a few weeks.

You can only go by what the law says (if and where you can find it) and what the immigration officer on the day says to you about you, your situation and the paperwork that you have provided (in good faith!) at that particular moment in time for that particular stamp, application or problem.

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I suggest if you are a few weeks late going to get your TM30 endorsed you go back to that same officer.

Who won't, of course, remember the conversation.If you going to submit do it in 24 hours or 72 hours if arriving Friday late.

Better safe that sorry comes to mind

On 2/12/2017 at 4:35 AM, EricTh said:

If the TM30 needs to be only endorsed on re entry, that's excellent, I don't have to drag my Thai wife along (meaning she may have to work). Normally, 24 hours is no problem for me, one day is the same as any other except for perhaps a bit of jet lag; however, what if I wanted to stay in a different province for a few days before going back to Chiang Mai? Ok, not convenient to go to a different Immigration Office I guess.

Edited by cusanus