Omkoi District, Chiang Mai...land 10 THB per square wah.

bangmai

that's according to the new 4 year land office values...they say 1 million per wah at Silom. BKK, and you might not be able to find any at that price, there, either. However, in tough fiscal times, they do like to crank up the land office values, close to fair market.

I was of the understanding that these are values set for taxation purposes and will remain at this level until 2019 when another valuation will take place.

Correct, as the current 2012-2015 are ending. I recall them raising values from 5000 to 10000 at Banwangtan for the 2008 assessment. Yes, it's for tax purposes, but they are still suppose to be representative of fair market. 250,000 in downtown CNX. I saw a townhouse on the north side of the moat sell for 7 million, (quickly) on 35 TW...so some of these numbers may be pretty accurate. We'll start getting reports from the land offices next month as people may be in for surprises when they do a transfer.

Edited by bangmai

Omkoi? Isn't that the most impoverished area in all of Thailand?

What would you want land there for anyway? I hear there is a 7-Eleven there, that's about it. And nice views. Maybe you could take a vow of silence and move there as a hermit.

Amazingly beautiful province.. Mountains, rivers, forests, trails galore.. If you like the outdoors adventure type things, its the best in Thailand IMO.

I could totally see having a log cabin and 4x4 / dirtbike to go down there with the dogs and just chill.. Fish, walk, write, think..

Then again I can often see the appeal of being a recluse..

According to my wife - okay, not the most reliable of sources at times - plans are in the works to make 121 (Outer Ring Road) near our moo ban 4 lane next year. She's all excited about how that will jack of the price of our house. Told her not go get too excited, as we aren't selling.

coffee1.gif

Just1Voice, on 28 Dec 2015 - 16:33, said:

According to my wife - okay, not the most reliable of sources at times - plans are in the works to make 121 (Outer Ring Road) near our moo ban 4 lane next year. She's all excited about how that will jack of the price of our house. Told her not go get too excited, as we aren't selling.

coffee1.gif

If you're between the Hong Dong Road and the Lamphun Road I can assure that it's way past the planning stage, the earth movers are busy down there every day.

Just1Voice, on 28 Dec 2015 - 16:33, said:

coffee1.gif

If you're between the Hong Dong Road and the Lamphun Road I can assure that it's way past the planning stage, the earth movers are busy down there every day.

We're just north of 1006, and nothing happening out here yet.