It's Down to the Wire -- Please Support Thai Visa Poster of the Year

NancyL

I know I've posted several times about the Thai Visa POTY (Poster of the Year) contest. It doesn't help that the election rules this year were as complex as the U.S. election process, with nominations, semi-finals, quarter-finals, etc, and everyone's votes being wiped out at each stage and the "winners" being forced to start over again.

But this really, truly is the LAST time I'll ask for your vote and hopefully the other candidates will stay away with their boring videos, encouragements to vote "NULL" and rehash of local Chiang Rai politics. I guess those guys simply don't have their own local followings and think the way to campaign is to "go negative".

You know me as someone who tries to be helpful. Who makes suggestions about where to find a dry cleaner, good quality sheets, Coke Zero, and a good Christmas dinner. Who has used Thai Visa as a way to gather reports about what's up with Imm. Prom. and forward it to the foreign consuls -- only to be banned from Imm. Prom. as a result. I'm on Thai Visa every day. It's one of the first things I do every day when I wake up, no matter where I am in the world. I see it as an important resource for Chiang Mai people and I hope I'm contributing every day. I'd consider it an honor to be named POTY! Please don't let the opportunity to vote pass. The deadline to vote is Wednesday, midnight, Thai time:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881443-vote-now-poster-of-the-year-grand-finale-2015/

Thank you for your vote.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I read the OP........Gawd.........rolleyes.gif

Didn't take you long to come over to my home forum, did it TransAm? Why is that? Don't do you have a home forum? Oh wait, I've been clued up that you and your supporters belong to other Thailand-related forums, ones made of Thai Visa outcasts, busy planning your victory. It's pretty sad that your "Home" forum isn't even on Thai Visa.

Some would say that your supporters don't like the idea of a woman winning POTY -- just as they didn't like the idea of Jingthing, a gay guy, winning last year's very ugly contest.

It says everything about you, TransAm, if you've aligned yourself with the David48 faction of last year.

Wow, this whole POTY thing is so pathetic at best, and has created a whole new low on a forum that is already way down there in the eyes of so many.

You participants and a few supporters should be so embarrassed

Cringeworthy it is.bah.gif

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Didn't take you long to come over to my home forum, did it TransAm? Why is that? Don't do you have a home forum? Oh wait, I've been clued up that you and your supporters belong to other Thailand-related forums, ones made of Thai Visa outcasts, busy planning your victory. It's pretty sad that your "Home" forum isn't even on Thai Visa.

Some would say that your supporters don't like the idea of a woman winning POTY -- just as they didn't like the idea of Jingthing, a gay guy, winning last year's very ugly contest.

It says everything about you, TransAm, if you've aligned yourself with the David48 faction of last year.

How old are you?

This years POTY has brought out the very worst in some of the candidates (and posters), I can't decide in my own mind whether it's a case of their true nature being revealed or if it's just the unusual circumstances that cause these personality blips. Either way, it's ugly at times. Sad really.

Well, considering that the contest originated from the "Farang Pub" subforum, I guess I shouldn't be taking it too seriously, should it?

Perhaps the powers-that-be on Thai Visa should consider renaming the contest in the future if it continues to be battle of the 12-year olds.

Well, considering that the contest originated from the "Farang Pub" subforum, I guess I shouldn't be taking it too seriously, should it?

Perhaps the powers-that-be on Thai Visa should consider renaming the contest in the future if it continues to be battle of the 12-year olds.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - again blink.png .

Yeah, I think you're right. Having my 11th hour meltdown.

I'm amazed at all the negative posters, posting against Nancy. In my eyes she's gone way out of her way to better the environment of all in Chiang Mai and even across Thailand. Just the matter of CM immigration. Who else spent any amount of time trying to enhance all the procedures that immigration processes, I'm also surprised there aren't more supporters of Nancy here on this thread. I personally have never met Nancy. I believe she is worthy of a lot more than just being named the poster of the year. Come on people....

Nancy has done more to promote Trans than he has.laugh.png

I don't have a specific home forum, to me ALL of TVF is my home forum.

I don't like your assumption that I am aligned with anyone, cos I am not, but I do have friends that talk to me, is that OK..?

PS. I have not used TVF to start topics about voting for Trans, the contest is about folk who have posted during 2015 that they like, nothing else.

Do you understand now...?

You can also be sure when the contest ends the voting will look very different, so don't worry yourself yet..

Get over it boys and girls...come new year you all will be back at school soon enough and can continue this childishness back in the classrooms.

You all, i presume are adults, start acting like it instead of totally embarrassing yourselves in public over such a petty thing.saai.gif

Edited by garryjohns

It says a lot about you that you have been compelled to mention gender ans sexual orinetation. Coming soon ethnicicity and nationality. As so often, loose lips.

Edited by Dante99