Full-Moon Party on Koh Phangan ends with disgusting scenes

webfact

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, you are untitled to your (xenophobic) opinions, but not your own facts.

This obscene mess is via Foreigners.

You can stuff that fact in your "Thai Bad, Foreigner Good" washing machine and let it run all day .. but the facts remain the same.

It is always a moment of laughter to stop by and read these postings with the realization of what vile vitriol I would have to wade through if this was from a Thai event.

Don't worry lads, you don't need to get your panties in a bunch, I only stopped by to see how this will eventually become the fault of Thai people and the Foreigners are helpless victims.

Foreigners go to beach party ... trash the whole place ... Blame Thai People ... Typical Thai Visa.

Speaking of trash ... please proceed with your postings, the day is young and I predict that by sundown, this forum will be in agreement that that mess on the beach, is the fault of Thai People.

Typical Foreigners.

So who's fault is it then? Supply and demand - any party / event in the world attended by 25,000 people ( inc wealthy Thais, etc. ) will look like this . Rubbish news story by media without a natural disaster over the festive period to write about . ( but I'm still commenting ?! ) back to the trivia of stick boy for me.

Much ado about zip. Any concert venue gets trashed, that's what cohorts of cleaners are hired for.

We all know whose beach it is and we know who allows this anyway, not the 'shamed wealthy tourists'.

You can see this is cheap journalism, preying on readers envy, faux self rightousness, and a willingness to read a scandal into a total non story.

I guess breathless tales of drug 'abuse' just don't elicit the same emotioninal kick in the caboose anymore.

Have a look at the rubbish left on all the beaches in Thailand by the Thai's.

Typical of Thai's to always blame the other people.bah.gif

Not just on the beaches, but almost everywhere. As clean as they are in their personal hygiene, Thais in general do not have any regard for their immediate surroundings anywhere except maybe in downtown Bangkok a bit....

Or their gleaming new unaffordable car. Actually Chiang Mai is way cleaner than BKK so much so that it struck me on arrival.

Come on. There is NO excuse for this.

Defending farang tourists just because they are farangs like us is no excuse.

Picking on Thais and bringing up situations where they have littered is NO excuse for this.

Locals selling drinks etc is NO excuse for this.

Lets be open and honest and say this is behavior that makes us educated farangs ashamed. No excuses. No attitude of "two wrongs making a right". No deflecting the blame on to others. This behavior is unacceptable to me, and I suggests to most self respecting people.

I take ownership and addmit that I am ashamed that people of my own country of origin act like this, but know that they are in the minority. A minority that deserves criticism and needs educating.

In everyday life, you are correct. At a drunken mind altered Rave? You may as well save your breath. It's a logistics issue, not a moral one.

I think is disgusting that these members are condoning this behavior, not only the drugs and alcohol abuse, just dump there rubbish and say the locals don't have money the can get scrap money.

they would get upset if you did on there home beaches or roads. OK more bins would help or even take your own garbage bag.

imagine the outcry by Aussies if that was bondi beach, you all love comming to thailand why not support them

'Wealthy westerners'.

Most backpackers I have met live on a shoestring budget.

Do you have them all fill in a short questionnaire on their financial status? Or is this simply an assumption you make?

I feel the latter is more likely somehow.

Your popularity has been explained in the POTY vote.

Always have something to say, condescending, but, hey, you enjoy it here so carry on.

"When you have to smell your previously worn socks in the morning, to select which ones to wear, are you really going to be that bothered about discarding some trash in a public place ?"

Nothing to do with frugal travelstyles.

As someone else noted, these are the same people who trash their own country (Glastonbury). Not to pick on the UK, I'm sure there's many beer bottles, cigarette butts and even disposable diapers thrown out of moving cars onto the Australian roadside by some of these "kids".

In America they're called "White Trash", but I'm sure Brits have many cockney words to describe them, also.

'Wealthy westerners'.

Do you have them all fill in a short questionnaire on their financial status? Or is this simply an assumption you make?

I feel the latter is more likely somehow.

Your popularity has been explained in the POTY vote.

Always have something to say, condescending, but, hey, you enjoy it here so carry on.

Yeah I thought I did pretty well getting into the final, too.

"When you have to smell your previously worn socks in the morning, to select which ones to wear, are you really going to be that bothered about discarding some trash in a public place ?"

As someone else noted, these are the same people who trash their own country (Glastonbury). Not to pick on the UK, I'm sure there's many beer bottles, cigarette butts and even disposable diapers thrown out of moving cars onto the Australian roadside by some of these "kids".

In America they're called "White Trash", but I'm sure Brits have many cockney words to describe them, also.

Glastonbury, white trash?

That crowd is about as middle class as it gets these days.

White Trash isn't a economic status.

Donald Trump is White Trash IMHO, for example...

No offence but there are No bins anywhere to be found usually, and if they are who wants to walk half a KM to dump their chang beer cans in when it means losing your mates in a crowd of nutters... The Thais make millions and millions from these parties and the last thing they care about is some litter on the beach which costs about 10,000 baht to clean up for about 20 maids.

Uninformed article. While I do agree any kind of environmental mess is appalling, what do you expect when you willing pack 25k people onto a slim strip of beach? It also that each of these party goers paid 200 baht which pays for beach to be cleaned the following morning. It's typically spotless the following afternoon.

And how much garbage is swept out into the sea during the night? Putting up lots of garbage cans before the party starts might be a good idea, don't you think?

Uninformed article. While I do agree any kind of environmental mess is appalling, what do you expect when you willing pack 25k people onto a slim strip of beach? It also that each of these party goers paid 200 baht which pays for beach to be cleaned the following morning. It's typically spotless the following afternoon.

ALL the plastic bottles, Glass bottles and tins will be collected and sold for cash.

Every house in Thailand does this as a matter of course.

1000's of baht laying on that beach

'Wealthy westerners'.

How many get by on the 300 baht a day many Thais bring up a family on. Affording the cost of a ticket here already puts them in the wealthy category. Also how many at the full moon party are budget backpackers. Loads of people from resorts and top end villas head across.

Been on KPG previously when there was a FMP but thankfully not really being into the party scene I skipped it. Pretty glad I did looking at that sh1t t1p.

But I was under the impression there was an entry fee and that was supposed to cover the clean up. Looks like a lot of revellers still around so maybe the cleanup had not taken place yet (you'd hope so). At the end of the day whoever organises the party should be more responsible for the clean up than the 'guests' imo - they're the ones running it and making money from it

Yeah right. Blame the participants for the incompetence of the organisators for providing dustbin or clean up after the event.

Another example of Thainess.

Correct. Bins are nearly absent in this country. If you want people to dispose of waste properly, provide the means. This is another example of incessant jawboning, which tends to take the place of taking responsibility and taking action here.

What do real men do? They do not talk. They act. What do man children do? They talk. They posture. They jawbone. They don't act. They do not take responsibility for their actions nor their lack of actions.

White Trash isn't a economic status.

Donald Trump is White Trash IMHO, for example...

(1) "White Trash" is an economic class, as in the classic phrase "Poor White Trash"

(2) It is generally reserved for tailor park poor folk in Southern USA

(3) It is an antiquated and raciest slur, for it came from a time when Blacks were second class citizens, and "White trash" was a way of saying that a white person had sunk to an (inferior) black level.

It is NOT a catch all slur for anyone white you do not like. Sorry, this then will require you to think and express yourself in complete sentences.

Your example of The Donald is laughable .. born a mutli-,millionaire, going to the best schools, pulling strings to dodge the draft, and then take daddy's millions and grow them ... is the antithesis of White Trash. For god sake .. he went to Wharton! Yes, he is a racist, bigot, misogynist pig ... ignorant ant rude .. but White Trash ? Ummm ... no.

As to the spoiled brats who party on the beach and trash it ... again ... no. They are privileged white millennials who judge every one and every thing, are stuck up cyber snobs and have formed a soft boiled little bubble of Hipster-ism that is both laughable and repulsive, and it takes a lot of self control not to just punch them in the face so they will stop with their endless whining... but White Trash? .. far from it. They come from elite lives and elite schools, can afford to travel, and in the most extreme example of the opposite of White Trash ... DO travel the world. Most "White Trash" have never been farther from home as the closest Home Depot.

Again describing these people will require the use of full sentences ... and not a blanket term that is racist and needs to be retired ... especially when it is not even used correctly.

I would be quite curious to have a look at your life and see where you stand, to call others "White Trash" ... since it is a very classed based slur.

Bke

If LOS was a pristine country with high env standards then foreigners should be held accountable...

But LoS is one big landfill garbage and trash everywhere...there is no proper waste management so don't pick a topic when you own house is poorly managed..

Foreigners just following Thais lead? And yes they should no better given they come from countries with env standards and enforcement...

It was a party...

Bke

If LOS was a pristine country with high env standards then foreigners should be held accountable...

But LoS is one big landfill garbage and trash everywhere...there is no proper waste management so don't pick a topic when you own house is poorly managed..

Foreigners just following Thais lead? And yes they should no better given they come from countries with env standards and enforcement...

It was a party...

Archived