clarification on 12 month multi to Australia

Hello, my tgf has 12 month multi entry to Australia. Each stay maximum 3 month. Does that mean she can enter just before expiry date and stay for up to 3 month. We only go for brief stays. On this visa have entered twice. Just planning one more before visa expires. Thankyou

Not 100% sure but if trying to enter country close to expiry date she may possibly be refused entry also from memory if allowed in would have to exit before or on day of expiry as after that date could be classed as being in country illegally and liable to detention and fines plus deportation and a ban from entering the country for a number of years .....NB don't take this as gospel I'm sure someone with more knowledge will provide the definitive answer for you !

Copied from my Australian Evisitor visa which was obtained yesterday.

"Maintaining a valid visa

Your visa allows you multiple entries to Australia until 28 December 2016. You are allowed to stay for a period of 3 month(s) on each arrival.

It is important to take note of these dates. You will need to leave Australia or make alternative arrangements with the department before this date or you will become unlawful. If you think you will not be able to depart Australia by the date your visa expires, you should contact the department as soon as possible.
More information is available at www.border.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Visa/community-status resolution-service"

I'm pretty sure it is the same as Thailand.

Enter anytime before the expiry date of your visa and you will get another 3 months.

Did you bother to read post number 3?

Did you?

The visa is valid for one year, each entry can be a maximum of 3 months. Enter the day before it expires and u have 3 months

Why are you having difficulty in understanding this ................?

"It is important to take note of these dates. You will need to leave Australia or make alternative arrangements with the department before this date or you will become unlawful. If you think you will not be able to depart Australia by the date your visa expires, you should contact the department as soon as possible."

• Like 1

Enter anytime before the expiry date of your visa and you will get another 3 months.

Did you?

The visa is valid for one year, each entry can be a maximum of 3 months. Enter the day before it expires and u have 3 months

Why are you having difficulty in understanding this ................?

"It is important to take note of these dates. You will need to leave Australia or make alternative arrangements with the department before this date or you will become unlawful. If you think you will not be able to depart Australia by the date your visa expires, you should contact the department as soon as possible."

I'm not having any difficulty in understanding it.

Read the first two sentences.

You are allowed to stay a period of 3 months upon arrival.

How is that unclear?

BookMan

Those with intelligence would understand a stay is dependent on having a valid visa !

Anyway, I suggest you obtain clarification from " www.border.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Visa/community-status resolution-service" as I did when I discovered my visa was only valid for 29 days. I was advised to obtain a new visa if I wished to remain in Australia beyond the visas expiry date.

END of this conversation.

• Like 1

BookMan
Those with intelligence would understand a stay is dependent on having a valid visa !
Anyway, I suggest you obtain clarification from " www.border.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Visa/community-status resolution-service" as I did when I discovered my visa was only valid for 29 days. I was advised to obtain a new visa if I wished to remain in Australia beyond the visas expiry date.

There's no need to be churlish, especially when you're incorrect.

The key wording here is "You are allowed to stay for a period of 3 month(s) on each arrival".

You just cannot enter after the expiry date of the visa.

I assume your visa was an ETA which is entirely different.

• Like 1

Thanks but I will continue to depend on advice/information provided by the Australian Immigration service NOT that given by some anonymous know all posting on a forum

Why do you feel the need to insult people just because they disagree with you?

You've interpreted the information from Immigration differently from some people on here.

That doesn't make you correct.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Thanks but I will continue to depend on advice/information provided by the Australian Immigration service NOT that given by some anonymous know all posting on a forum

Why do you feel the need to insult people just because they disagree with you?

You've interpreted the information from Immigration different from some people on here.

That doesn't make you correct.

It's okay, let him believe what he wants.

I went through the same thing with my GF a couple of years back.

We used the multi in the way I described, extending it almost 15 months.

Singerman has a remarkably similar posting style as banned members Konying and lemoncake (etc.). They were known for their inaccurate information and combative style.

• Like 1

Well guys. Thanks for the contributions. As I stated in my OP. I assumed befor date was all that mattered. Even though that seems to be the case seems like I best consult consulate as can't mess up with this.

Well guys. Thanks for the contributions. As I stated in my OP. I assumed befor date was all that mattered. Even though that seems to be the case seems like I best consult consulate as can't mess up with this.

Hey jack,

before date is what matters.

Just check what the 'Must Not Arrive after Date' is on the visa also.

You can arrive anytime up until the last date stated , and you get 3 months on the visa you have described

Did you?

It is correct that your Tgf can arrive up to the day before the Australian Visa expires and she can stay for up to 90 day. In effect your tgf can get just under 15 months stay (in periods of not more than 90 days at a visit) on one Australian 12 months multi entry visa.

My wife has just returned from Australia and her 12 month visa expired on October 27 and she arrived on October 8.

• Like 1

To all you cynics and miss believers, I can assure you that in my experience of taking my wife to Australia on Twenty One occasions, the important true information is the :"Arrival Before Date". Three months extra stay is for sure acceptable. Our recent entry into Australia was on 19th. December 2015 and our return is 14th. March 2016. Her "Last Day of Entry" was 21 December 2015.

Information I Have given is 100% true.

Regards P.E A..P.

You are 100% correct.

• Like 1

BookMan

It is misinformation like this we don't need

You can enter one week or one day before the 12 months expires.

You are then given 3 months on entry, so your visa is valid for 3 months from entry. How is that complicated?.

A 12 month multi entry can be valid for 15 months

You are 100% correct.

Thanks guys. I'm now confident to plan a trip entering shortly before the expire date. Just seems good value for all the application involved.

Thanks for advice. Even member who was incorrect was trying to help.

Thanks guys. I'm now confident to plan a trip entering shortly before the expire date. Just seems good value for all the application involved.

Thanks for advice. Even member who was incorrect was trying to help.

Yeah, but he didn't have to be a dick about it.

Perhaps you can PM the correct info.

I'm sure he'll be back to apologizetongue.png

• Like 1

Yes Will27. I have often tried to help in posts but generally state IMO. Unless 100% sure. This is probably reminder to us all to only post if certain of your facts. I certainly have modified my approach. With visas etc there can be no guess work. Plenty of forums for opinions

• Like 1

I have done this with my TG, we used up the total of 15 months. Just be aware your extending it to it's max, therefore if you try again for another tourist visa you'll have to wait a long time to show she's a genuine visitor and not living there.

• Like 2