Will I be charged an overstay?

Arrived on December 9 2016 with USA passport visa exempt. Outbound flight is January 8 2016. I count that as 31 days. Will I be charged upon exit? Will I have an overstay stamp or record? I'm in Ubon so I could just go for a ride to Chong Mek for an in/out.

You admitted until date is probably the 7th which means leaving on the 8th would be a 1 day overstay.

If you are leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for an overstay that is less than 24 hours.

You can go to immigration and get a 30 day extension instead of doing a border crossing to get another 15 or 30 days.

You admitted until date is probably the 7th which means leaving on the 8th would be a 1 day overstay.

If you are leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined for an overstay that is less than 24 hours.

You can go to immigration and get a 30 day extension instead of doing a border crossing to get another 15 or 30 days.

Your correct my passport says January 7 2016.

I will be flying out of BKK Swampy airport at 19:55 January 8 2016.

I'm in Ubon Mueng. Isn't immigration at a new location very close to Chong Mek? If it 1900 baht at immigration I might as well cross into Laos for I think about half that price (?) and shop a little.

If immigration was in Mueng I'd just do it here.

You will not be charged for an overstay at the airport when you leave on the 8th.

Yes immigration is now close to Chong Mek..

A Lao visa on arrival costs from $30 to $42 US or 1500 baht. That certainly will be more than half of the fee for an extension.

You will not be charged for an overstay at the airport when you leave on the 8th.

Yes immigration is now close to Chong Mek..

A Lao visa on arrival costs from $30 to $42 US or 1500 baht. That certainly will be more than half of the fee for an extension.

So leaving through Swampy will be free and I won't have a derogatory overstay stamp in my passport? So no consequences?

Have there been recent reports of major trouble being stopped en route to Bangkok when already on a one-day overstay? I seem to remember this being something of a concern in the past.

No reports of it happening.

I think if stopped on the way to the airport with the few hours of overstay he would have and a ticket out of the country on that day they would let a person go.

Hi mike. It happened to me last year. At swamy the immigration officer said you've overstayed. I wasn't even aware of it (31 days in the month) until he pointed it out. Having travelled so many times before with no overstay he smiled and said no problem. Don't waste your precious time on worrying about it. They understand most buy return tickets with usually one day up our sleeve ( eg 7 dec to 6jan) and sometime we don't account for 31 days. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hi mike. It happened to me last year. At swamy the immigration officer said you've overstayed. I wasn't even aware of it (31 days in the month) until he pointed it out. Having travelled so many times before with no overstay he smiled and said no problem. Don't waste your precious time on worrying about it. They understand most buy return tickets with usually one day up our sleeve ( eg 7 dec to 6jan) and sometime we don't account for 31 days. Enjoy.

Thanks for that. I'm going to leave as planned and not worry about it.

Have there been recent reports of major trouble being stopped en route to Bangkok when already on a one-day overstay? I seem to remember this being something of a concern in the past.

No reports of it happening.

I think if stopped on the way to the airport with the few hours of overstay he would have and a ticket out of the country on that day they would let a person go.

It doesn't look like its going to work out as planned doing the 24 overstay and out of Swampy.

We have just arrived at Swampy from Ubon. Planning to stay the night and fly out tomorrow as planned.

The kids are I'll.

They have been getting better last 48 hours but today have had fevers that have been difficult to control on paracetamol and ibuprofen. I'm waiting for the bags at the luggage carousel at Swampy now. Going to the hotel next. Then taking the kids to Samitivej to see a doctor.

I suspect I'll be delaying tomorrows flight until they are feeling better 2-3 days. I'm on overstay if I don't fly out tonight.

Advice please?

It's starting to look like the best course of action is to overstay the days required (probably 5-7) and pay the fee upon exiting at swampy. The Dr. Said my wife can't fly for 5 days. The kids are still waiting to see the Dr.

We may take the bus or the train back home to Ubon and stay there instead of Bangkok.