• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Phuket New Year roadblock snares Patong tuk-tuk driver for meth

rooster59

Phuket New Year roadblock snares Patong tuk-tuk driver for meth

1451721585_1-org.jpg

A total of 25 drivers were tested for alcohol. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A Patong tuk-tuk driver has been arrested for methamphetamine use after he tested positive to an on-the-spot urine test at a road safety checkpoint early this morning (Jan 2).

Vasan Panyadee, 45, from Phattalung was taken into custody shortly after 1am at a checkpoint at the south end of Patong manned by seven Provincial Civil Defense officers, nine Patong Police and two medical staffers from Patong Hospital.

More than 35 commercial drivers were tested for drug use, including 16 van drivers, two truck drivers, 15 tuk-tuk drivers and several taxi drivers, of which Vasan was the only one to test positive.

A total of 25 other drivers were tested for alcohol, with only one person arrested for drunk driving, but 35 people fined for not wearing a helmet while riding a motorbike.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-new-year-roadblock-snares-patong-tuk-tuk-driver-for-meth-55650.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-02

well done to the BIB once again A hefty 100 baht fine that will floor him for a while another lowlife meth head driving a public service vehicle caught on drugs or is he / this a first in Thailand should put him in rehab prison for about 30 years by that time he will be to old to be driving.

well done to the BIB once again A hefty 100 baht fine that will floor him for a while another lowlife meth head driving a public service vehicle caught on drugs or is he / this a first in Thailand should put him in rehab prison for about 30 years by that time he will be to old to be driving.

Hi

i am not english native speaker (french) please if you could remind me what means BIB ( i know it's for cops and there is the word brown)

Thanks

Patrice

This is the real story!

PHUKET: Officers arrested more than 20 bus drivers for amphetamine use as the drivers made their way through the Tah Chat Chai checkpoint over the last three days.

“Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayatongda ordered a joint task force of police, local government officials and provincial officers to tackle drug use by public transportation drivers and other professionals working with tourists,” explained Thalang Chief Administrative Officer (Palad) Siripong Leeprasit.

“During the three days, 43 people tested positive for drugs. Of those, 24 were bus drivers.

”Additionally, six tour guides were arrested, along with two minivan drivers and the driver of a private vehicle.

See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/More-20-Phuket-bus-drivers-arrested-drug/62783#.dpuf

Hi

i am not english native speaker (french) please if you could remind me what means BIB ( i know it's for cops and there is the word brown)

Thanks

Patrice

Boys in Brown

Well done Thai Police, I would like to see random testing as the Lod dtu van drivers leave depots for alcohol and drugs as I'm sure you have only just touched the suface of the iceburg.

Also like to see the random stops around the towns at the moment open a bit later than 8 /9 am.

Just the one? I'm amazeddotcom! I hope this is a trend that lasts and not just while the police are advertising road blocks during the festive period.

He must have been the only one who didn't have enough money to pay the bribe. I hope his tuk tuk has been seized and recycled into a neat cube of scrap metal.