Non Immigrant O based on Thai child

14 hours ago, shaemus said:

I am in Khon kaen. although i can do it from Perth Aus Do you know of any difference in the requirements?

From Koen Khen you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet based upon marriage with no financial proof.

In Penang you would have show 400k baht in the bank to get one for marriage or being the parent of a Thai.

14 hours ago, shaemus said:

Is this a cse of having to fly out and then use the Uk PP to enter. 

You have to fly out and back to swap passports .

If you want a non-o visa based upon marriage you can get one in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at the consulate there with no financial proof. If you entered Vietnam using your UK passport you would get a free 15 day visa exempt entry.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From Koen Khen you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet based upon with no financial proof.

In Penang you would have show 400k baht in the bank to get one for marriage or being the parent of a Thai.

If you want a non-o visa based upon marriage you can get one in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at the consulate there with no financial proof. If you entered Vietnam using your UK passport you would get a free 15 day visa exempt entry.

Awesome news,

I have never been to Vietnam, sounds like an ideal trip. I assume the paperwork req'd is the same

Thanks once again

21 minutes ago, shaemus said:

I have never been to Vietnam, sounds like an ideal trip. I assume the paperwork req'd is the same

In addition to what is needed in Savannakhet they want a letter from your wife requesting they issue the visa to you.

You have to pay $200 US for the visa.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In addition to what is needed in Savannakhet they want a letter from your wife requesting they issue the visa to you.

It actually works out as the same price in Suvannakhet.

5kbht + $30 VISA = $200 + VISA waiver.

And HCMC is far more fun.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

From Koen Khen you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet based upon mariage with no financial proof.

Can you work on a non O visa based on having a kid?

Does it matter if your child is over 20?

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Can you work on a non O visa based on having a kid?

It is possible get a  work permit and work with a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Does it matter if your child is over 20?

The is no rule that states a maximum age for a your child to apply for a work permit, visa or extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

Is there an up to date list of the paperwork requirements, i have just found a training centre that is in H.C.M.C. so that's another reason to go.

I found the application form.

It doesn't state the req'd docs.

i would assume i need marriage cert, passport,  wifes blue book(Signed), wifes id card (Signed). i would take 2 copies of each in colour

Anything more specific or official would be very helpful

Many thanks

Ho Chi Min City Thai visa app form Aug 2019.pdf

40 minutes ago, shaemus said:

i would assume i need marriage cert, passport,  wifes blue book(Signed), wifes id card (Signed). i would take 2 copies of each in colour

That is correct but you also need a letter from your wife requesting they issue the visa. You only need one copy and they can be black and white.

Required documents are here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct but you also need a letter from your wife requesting they issue the visa. You only need one copy and they can be black and white.

Required documents are here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

Much Obliged

Shaemus

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct but you also need a letter from your wife requesting they issue the visa. You only need one copy and the can be black and white.

Sorry to ask another question. 

What exactly is a "Certified" copy and who can do it?

hcmc snp.JPG