Graft buster looks into Chalerm's assets

webfact

Perhaps we can all agree that this is excellent news!

Sorry, you hope in vain. I've always found Chalerm entertaining, probably because I've never been one of his victims. Back when Chalerm was making one of his shows about how he was going to present evidence of corruption (by other politicians), General Sanan grumpily complained about his ingratitude, because they (the Army establishment) had covered for him when he was threatened with court martial for undisclosed crimes (perhaps extortion, blackmail, and fraud) and thrown out of the Army. They then, of course, took care of one of their own by seeing to it that he was accepted into the Police Department at an equal rank (sergeant major, IIRC). He's not a nice person, and neither are his sons, but at least they've stopped shooting people in the face in pubs. Perhaps there's hope for their redemption yet? Anyway, I hate seeing this political nit-picking when he's been given a free pass on his protection racket in Thon Buri.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was it not Chalerm who gave Thaksin his first real break? Supplying PCs to the police?

He's been under Thaksin's umbrella ever since

Not sure if Chalerm had anything to do with the corrupt contracts that gave Thaksin his start, but he doesn't need any protection from that quarter. He's protected because he knows where all the bodies are buried, and the powers that be believe he has evidence tucked away in places where it will be made public if anything happens to him.

His youngest son 'whacked' a policeman in a night club in front of witnesses and 'somehow' got away with it.

From Wikki:

All three of Chalerm's sons have reputations for violent mafia-like behavior. In 2001, his youngest son, Duangchalerm, was arraigned for the murder of a police officer in a nightclub.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3572395.stm

His youngest son 'whacked' a policeman in a night club in front of witnesses and 'somehow' got away with it.

And anded up with a job as a shooting instructor for the RTP:

This will be interesting..would be great if they got something on him and take away (some) of his wealth.

And why is he being singled out? go after all these grifters. Again selective policing. Reminds me of that child's nursery rhyme we won't pick you and we won't pick you but we will pick you. Incredible.

Sorry, you hope in vain. I've always found Chalerm entertaining, probably because I've never been one of his victims. Back when Chalerm was making one of his shows about how he was going to present evidence of corruption (by other politicians), General Sanan grumpily complained about his ingratitude, because they (the Army establishment) had covered for him when he was threatened with court martial for undisclosed crimes (perhaps extortion, blackmail, and fraud) and thrown out of the Army. They then, of course, took care of one of their own by seeing to it that he was accepted into the Police Department at an equal rank (sergeant major, IIRC). He's not a nice person, and neither are his sons, but at least they've stopped shooting people in the face in pubs. Perhaps there's hope for their redemption yet? Anyway, I hate seeing this political nit-picking when he's been given a free pass on his protection racket in Thon Buri.

I was nearly one of his victims. Vile scum of the earth. Deserves to rot in jail along with his sons.

I was nearly one of his victims. Vile scum of the earth. Deserves to rot in jail along with his sons.

I was nearly one of his victims

Why do some guys get all the excitement? Another poster lived only one block away from the crime scene..............

Was it not Chalerm who gave Thaksin his first real break? Supplying PCs to the police?

He's been under Thaksin's umbrella ever since

Not sure if Chalerm had anything to do with the corrupt contracts that gave Thaksin his start, but he doesn't need any protection from that quarter. He's protected because he knows where all the bodies are buried, and the powers that be believe he has evidence tucked away in places where it will be made public if anything happens to him.

It was licence for a cable TV company, denied by the previous government, granted by Chalerm.

Clearly I was wrong.

What is your problem, JOC?

This man isn't a popular activist for peasant's rights, he's everything that is bad about Thailand across the colour line.

I agree, he is as bad as they come.

But I know for a fact, that he comes from a family, who have been wealthy for generations. The wealth created by running private schools and selling land in Bkk, land they bought decades ago.

So if money is missing from the till, Chalerm would have no reason to enrich himself.

Do you really think, he would drive a pink Bentley, if he had something to hide? He might be an old drunk political dinosaur, but make no mistake, he is not stupid!!

So to me this assets check, has a clear political undertone.

Maybe a favor to the juntas pawn Suthep.......................... (He and Chalerm have been at odds for decades.)

You mean the Bentley that he purchased for a fraction of it's actual value that absolutely wasn't an illegal import?

I think it has been proven beyond doubt in the past 15 years that being wealthy does not prevent you from being corrupt.

Defending Chalerm ? - you have to be pretty low on life's scale to do that.

I recall the fairly recent expensive car investigation. Chalerm claimed his pink Bentley belongs to a friend who lives in Singapore and just lets him borrow it.

It's pretty obvious to me that Chalerm passed the word (and the funds) to the UDD terrorists who murdered 30 men, women and children in 2014 (as the most trusted servant of his long-time political master). The blood is on his hands IMHO - the UDD are just backward, greedy thugs.

Unfortunately this political dinosaur is very wise in the ways of Thai law and politics. I will be very surprised if they can find enough evidence to put him away. He has so much blood on his hands already, a few brave witnesses wouldn't even make him bat an eyelid.[/quote

Here we go again Johnny, anything to post a blatent lie on the behalf of your puppetiers.

Now if only his stupid son had shot Suthep he would have got one of the real mass murderers and saved a trial. Oh thats funny the trail to the trial has disapeared whilst your "honest" mates hussle round trying to make everybody forget by speeding up the cooked up prosecutions of their oponents. Its certainly right about the rich being corrupt and your lot are at the top of the pile.

Edited by MiKT