VIDEO: Police search for suspects after violent attack near popular Phuket night market

webfact

VIDEO: Police search for suspects after violent attack near popular Phuket night market
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police are looking for four suspects wanted for the gang bashing of two men – one of them a Thai tour guide working for a Chinese tour company in Phuket – as they exited a restaurant near the Naka night market in Wichit early yesterday morning (Jan 5).

The search follows a video of the attack posted on Facebook going viral last night. The video was uploaded onto the “Unite Thai Tour Guides – Thai Tour Guides Against Illegal Tour Guides” Facebook page.

“We were informed of the video this morning and we have already assembled a team to track down the suspects,” Col Kitipong Klaikaew, chief of the Wichit Police, told The Phuket News this morning.

“One of the men injured in the attack filed a complaint at Wichit Police Station yesterday,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/video-police-search-for-suspects-after-violent-attack-near-popular-phuket-night-market-55688.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-06

Things must be getting bad here as the fuses of these animals have gotten shorter and shorter the past couple of years.

Yesterday a mini bus was parked outside my house ( on a private estate) he was killing time before going to pick up his fare. After 25 minutes of him running his engine and playing his music I asked him politely if he could move further up the road away from my house, his reply was "I'm Thai I can park where I want, you farang , <deleted> off, go home this Thailand, Thailand for Thai's!" After pointing out he was outside my house and it was a private area he decided to strike me. Women or men they will strike out at anyone!

To cut a long story short the police were called and a spent over an hour at the police station, he was to report there later in the day. The head policeman was shocked at this guy's behavior and said he would be dealt with.

My point is really that you think you can avoid this shit but it's everywhere these days, after 22 years it's seriously time to move on!

The aggression is out of control.

bah.gif

ohhh lord....Security guard is standing and just watching, doing nothing...

That "security guard" looks like a cop - and if you look closely appears to have a pistol in a belt holster. Which makes it worse.

Never been to Phuket in 25 years of Thailand and never will.

this type of revolting act happens regularly in Phuket ( the wild east )

it's getting worse, not better & do u ever see sanctions imposed ?

i now choose to stay by my pool & a beach swim..........live longer that way

PS....the wife drives to the supermarket without me onboard

Things must be getting bad here as the fuses of these animals have gotten shorter and shorter the past couple of years.

Yesterday a mini bus was parked outside my house ( on a private estate) he was killing time before going to pick up his fare. After 25 minutes of him running his engine and playing his music I asked him politely if he could move further up the road away from my house, his reply was "I'm Thai I can park where I want, you farang , <deleted> off, go home this Thailand, Thailand for Thai's!" After pointing out he was outside my house and it was a private area he decided to strike me. Women or men they will strike out at anyone!

To cut a long story short the police were called and a spent over an hour at the police station, he was to report there later in the day. The head policeman was shocked at this guy's behavior and said he would be dealt with.

My point is really that you think you can avoid this shit but it's everywhere these days, after 22 years it's seriously time to move on!

bah.gif

I sympathies with your story however there is no deterrents here in Thailand to stop this behavior 500 baht fine maybe ? so it will continue and when a farang get killed just blame it on anyone from myanmar

99.9% of the time the people who get a beatdown are drunk…wonder how they'd fare if they were sober when being attacked….or they might be able to somehow talk themselves out of violence…who knows….perhaps being drunk is good in the short term as you don't quite feel the pain of the blows. However, excess alcohol thins the blood which results in greater bleeding and blood loss….so….it only makes things worse.

On christmas eve in singapore a 30 year old american lad tried to intervene in a bar fight where a woman got punched in the mouth….he got sucker punched by a local malay 20 year old for his troubles….one punch to the back of the head….hit his head on the kerb on the way down…coma….died on new years day.

bah.gif

I sympathies with your story however there is no deterrents here in Thailand to stop this behavior 500 baht fine maybe ? so it will continue and when a farang get killed just blame it on anyone from myanmar

It's true, 500B is not a deterrent but even if it was 5.000B it wouldn't stop this type of person as they're off their heads. They're a type, they don't care about anything, won't be told. I heard a bigger prison was being built here in Phuket, I doubt it will be big enough to hold all the idiots out there.

I really don't know what the answer is, I"m just glad I have the option to leave when I want to. There's really no hope for this place.wai.gif

Waiting for the day I see these pussies mess with the wrong person.

It's already happened in Soi Bangla last year an Aussie expat stabbed one and he died, the Aussie was defending himself from a gang attack.

And how much did is cost the Aussie (Captain Mark) to stay out of jail ? His life will never be the same again. Yes, I realise the Thai guy died in the attack and his life ended (for all you PC crowd)...

Phuket restaurant gang bash thugs arrested along with owner
Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-249866-0-16316600-1452255859_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Three men wanted in connection with a gang attack on two men on Tuesday morning (Jan 5) have been arrested and their cases passedto Phuket Provincial Court.

Meanwhile, the owner of the restaurant where the incident took place has also been arrested as he was operating without the relevant licences.

The bashing, which was caught on CCTV, occurred as the two men exited a restaurant near the Naka night market in Wichit.

One of the attacked men filed a complaint at Wichit Police Station and told officers that the four men accused him and his friend of ofkicking one of their motorbikes.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-restaurant-gang-bash-thugs-arrested-along-with-owner-55714.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-08