Ways to keep a toddler cool?

steffi

Well the towels work to a degree whilst giving refreshment which I would guess that a baby would not need so much as a adult but then there is an option to purchase a battery operated fan which can either be hand held or attached to the likes of a bouncer/pram, if in room then either aircon or fan can be utilized as well as using the occasional towel.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Indoors or outdoors?

After bath time powder lightly in all the folds where baby gets sweaty.

Wet wipes if you're outside. A towel in clothes which looks awful but works to wipe down face and back. Change clothes often.

A/C

Fans best old fashioned paper ones.

Bowls of water or a humidifier if all your windows are closed and using A/C fans.

Activities that don't involve too much jumping around as toddlers are want to do.

Edited by botfly

toddler suggest over 1 year or so....

when our child had fevers during those years, we actually found the best way to bring down the fever (could not use strong medication for such a young child) was to use wet towels, and whenever we visited a hospital for same reason we would see the nurses use wet towels.

In general those little battery fans actually work quiet well..

Edited by AlQaholic

They do tend to overheat and get cranky for the first 8 month. I suggest sleeping in an air conditioned room, a fan can be a serious hazard for small fingers and hands.

Yes, I would think attaching a battery operated fan above and aimed at a baby or "bouncer" would not be a good idea. The possibility of an accident might be slight, but if you think a hot baby is cranky, a hot baby that has a fan bounce off his/her head would raise the cranky scale considerably.