how to have a cheap place in Pattaya?

papayasalad

You certainly can enjoy the same for much less, the only caveat is that the owners of cheaper places will only agree to you installing a wall AC if you agree to leave it when you move. They don't want gaping holes left in their walls, understandably. You could always buy a portable/movable AC but the vent is difficult to place and they aren't as effective as wall units. However, if you are just going to forfeit a cheap deposit, you'll still come out ahead.

Thats clever .Install an a/c in a cheap room and then pay B2000 a month or more in Electric lol...(many landlords charge B7 a unit in a rented property while the true rate direct to the electric company is only B3.5 .)If you are here long enough you can learn to live with just a fan .

Thats clever .Install an a/c in a cheap room and then pay B2000 a month or more in Electric lol...(many landlords charge B7 a unit in a rented property while the true rate direct to the electric company is only B3.5 .)If you are here long enough you can learn to live with just a fan .

Most cheap apartments charge 8 Baht per unit..

If you want a cheap apartment you WILL pay a high

Baht per unit almost always...

Living with No aircon at all in Pattaya is a proposition that

should not be taken by any farang other than as a last resort in my opinion..

Edited by fforest1

Don't get taken in by real estate agents. They get 50% commission and have minimum prices such as 10k a month, etc.. Ridiculous. A Thai fan room should go for 2-3k a month and is fine if you get a good breeze. I would open the door and windows and have a big fan blowing all day to keep the humidity down. Most of the landlords make most of their profits from the extortionate electric prices so by renting a fan room you pay much less.

I didn't say you have to use the ac 24h a day.

if you use it by setting it up for 25 degree just 7 hours a night, you won't pay more than 1000 bahts a month.

during the day use a fan.

if you can not, get used to a normal life. millions of Europeans don't use ac. ac is American.

and we don't need a swimming pool in a normal life . if you want get cheap, just go top floor at Mike shopping mall with the lift and you will meet lot of ladies in the jacuzzi.

you can take the bus bahts too. we don't need a car in Pattaya. or buy a second hand scooter that you can keep for 15 years.

you see all you have, I have it too and I spend 20 % only of what you spend (I have no help of my country because I m too young.)

Edited by papayasalad

>>(I have no help of my country because I m too young.) <<..me the same .Live an learn from the average Thai .They can show you how to live cheap ,and still enjoy the nice weather and ambiance .

Edited by anto

Most cheap apartments charge 8 Baht per unit..

If you want a cheap apartment you WILL pay a high

Baht per unit almost always...

Living with No aircon at all in Pattaya is a proposition that

should not be taken by any farang other than as a last resort in my opinion..

Agree most places are at least 8baht. That is what I pay.

My electric bill is around 3k a month. I usually use it a night for sleeping. Never really put it on in the daytime. I also use a lot of elec because I cook most meals at home and use a lot of elec appliances.

Very hard to live without AC in Patts. It is just too hot and I say that as someone who has always lived in hot climates.

You can live like a thai if you like but most Thais if they had money would definitely not live like a thai peasant in a small room with no aircon YMMV

Agree most places are at least 8baht. That is what I pay.

My electric bill is around 3k a month. I usually use it a night for sleeping. Never really put it on in the daytime. I also use a lot of elec because I cook most meals at home and use a lot of elec appliances.

Very hard to live without AC in Patts. It is just too hot and I say that as someone who has always lived in hot climates.

I find the problem here is the humidity, not the actual temperature (it's actually a fair bit cooler here than it was in summer where I lived in Europe).

I have my air-con running more or less all day and all year but on a setting of 28 degrees. This, combined with ceiling fans on the lowest setting, keeps my condo pleasant for a total electricity bill of under 2000B per month at government rate.

And a fair bit of that bill comes from my PC and TV and water heater and oven etc.

I met 3 UKs 2 years ago in chiang mai... 1 of them has been visiting north thailand during winter for the pass 12 years.

All in their 60s and the calculation goes like, room 4k, breakfast and self cook dinner at room about 1000 baht a week.

Lunch eat out at 100 baht a meal. Watching sweet asian lady walking on the streets - free.

It cost them about the same price just to keep the heater on during winter at home to prevent the pipes from freezing.

I didn't say you have to use the ac 24h a day.

if you use it by setting it up for 25 degree just 7 hours a night, you won't pay more than 1000 bahts a month.

during the day use a fan.

if you can not, get used to a normal life. millions of Europeans don't use ac. ac is American.

and we don't need a swimming pool in a normal life . if you want get cheap, just go top floor at Mike shopping mall with the lift and you will meet lot of ladies in the jacuzzi.

you can take the bus bahts too. we don't need a car in Pattaya. or buy a second hand scooter that you can keep for 15 years.

you see all you have, I have it too and I spend 20 % only of what you spend (I have no help of my country because I m too young.)

If you already know all the answers, why are you asking questions?

Plenty of places in Pattaya that are 32sqm with air, hot shower, T.V etc for 4K upwards. Thai rooms but clean and secure. Look around Portisarn, an abundance.

Sorry, where is Portisarn ?

..... Sorry again, found it now - poor Googling skills!

Edited by Jip99

Plenty of places in Pattaya that are 32sqm with air, hot shower, T.V etc for 4K upwards. Thai rooms but clean and secure. Look around Portisarn, an abundance.

Sorry, where is Portisarn ?

I think he means Photisarn, it is a soi Naklua.

post-186594-0-54954400-1452397928_thumb.