Architect problems and construction costs

Hello to all and happy new year.
I am in the first phase of the construction project of a rather big house (300 sqm) on an island of the South. The architectural design is rather modern .
I choosed a young and talented Thai architect with whom things do not take place as well as planned:

- Quotation and contract signed (augoust) on a basis of 6% of my construction budget in accordance with the precise specifications which I had sent to him (before signature of the contract) to understand as well is possible our project .

He is already late to produce his work but much more boring, was his decision to stop producing between the design 4 and the last design (just before transmitting the project to the engineer (fees for engineer are includet in the initial quotation) for the technical part,

he justified that , by now , for him , the cost will be more than the double of my initial budget and thus but without saying it openly that he would want to increase his fees . There is from me no new requests on quality, on size or other factors that could be increase the costs since the launch of the contrarct.

That then I to make for this stage:
- stop the contract with him and keep the plans and 3 d designs (i paid already 40% of the contract in vonformity with it) t and choose a new one to finish the work. What are my risks?

- He wants to continue his work if i will get him an estimated quotation of my future builder but this one will be close of mine and i am sure that he will want other one of another builder...

Thank you in advance for your experiences and for your advices.

Besides, I am in search of indicative price for certainparts of my construction for in particular challenging my builder at the appropriate moment:

- The price of the cellular concrete 15 cms and the size of these blocks.

- The price of large windows and windows doors very insulating windows and are appropiate for the seaside we are 300 m of the sea and in height nothing between the villa and the sea .

- the cost of a built swimming pool 10*5*1.50 ( no bought quite made ) and with its equipments same for a Jacuzzi of 9 sqm in circle

- The price by sqm (including the installation ) for cover for outside terraces in imitation wood like comwood brand

- The costs for the installation of a rather silent air conditioning system

- the price a small electrical generator 15kma )..

Thanks to all in advance.
Cordially

Personally I would fire the architect and get a new one. You should negotiate a fixed cost for his services which should include staged payments for liaison with the project manager during the build . I'd also say that you get what you pay for with an architect if you hire a reputable company they will provide you the costs breakdown for the build and arrange to put the contract out to tender.

Designers in Thailand can obtain their professional licenses without ever seeing how concrete is mixed or brickwork built, unlike their counterparts in the West where a few years of site experience is a prerequisite to sitting for the professional exam.

Thus, you may have just employed an expensive draftsman.