• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Underage Phuket jet-ski rentals under fire

webfact

Underage Phuket jet-ski rentals under fire
Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg
A 16-year-old was the most recent person injured on a jet-ski in Phuket. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- Concerns about operators allowing minors to rent out jet-skis in Phuket were raised at the monthly consulate meeting with the Governor on Wednesday.

Seven Smulders, the Dutch honorary consul for Phuket, told meeting members that he was worried about the potentially dangerous situations created by allowing minors to operate jet-skis.

Mr Smulders' concerns come fast on the heels of the January 4 jet-ski accident that saw a 16-year-old Finnish tourist injure his leg on Kata Beach.

The week prior, news broke of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s 12-year-old son Pax also injuring his leg while jet-skiing in Phuket.

Local jet-ski rental operators, who have remained under public fire for years due to numerous scams, brutish behavior and general safety concerns, were quick to clarify that the accident involving Pax did not involve their jet-skis. However, in late December two Chinese tourists were rushed to hospital after they crashed their jet-skis into each other off Patong Beach

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Underage-Phuket-jetski-rentals-fire/62825?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-08

I got my drivers license when I was 16. It cost 2 dollars to write the learners permit and 10 dollars

to take a 20 minute road test. Many of my friends did both (and passed) on there 16th birthday.

My parents put there foot down and made me take lessons first so they got the safe driver discount.

40 years accident free now. Of course I know drivers licences are much more costly and graduated

now. But the powered boat license in Canada allows someone between 12-16 to operate a boat

up to 40 hp. But jet skis I think you have to be 16. So this young man would have been fine in Canada,

as log as he had taken the course and passed the test. coffee1.gif

<snip>

up to 40 hp. But jet skis I think you have to be 16. So this young man would have been fine in Canada,

as log as he had taken the course and passed the test. coffee1.gif

But he did not take any test. Just paid and jumped on the jet-ski ...

Yet again the marine laws are ignored here in Thailand for the sake of quick money ..