British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

smedly

Maybe you should read post #825 of stephenterry before going off half cocked.

Quote>"I speculate that he was attacked and knocked unconscious and dumped in the pool where he drowned. Why? Because the photos of his injuries taken by his friends were not in line with the rtp assertions.

I hope the family raise bloody hell IF this is accurate." End quote

So no one made a statement that I asked questions of? Please tell me what this is? A little insensitive telling one to approach the family. Maybe you should get one thing straight, this is not the Smedly thread and one can ask questions without first obtaining your permission or being told what to do by you.

Edited by Si Thea01

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smedly

Quote>"I speculate that he was attacked and knocked unconscious and dumped in the pool where he drowned. Why? Because the photos of his injuries taken by his friends were not in line with the rtp assertions.

So no one made a statement that I asked questions of? Please tell me what this is? A little insensitive telling one to approach the family. Maybe you should get one thing straight, this is not the Smedly thread and one can ask questions without first obtaining your permission or being told what to do by you.

Because ST got that from the friends post, the same as I did.

Lets make this a little clearer. The 2 friends left Koh Tao when Luke was killed, they then went to Surit Thani to the hospital where I presume he had the autopsy. While there and while the RTP were not looking they took photos of Luke. It is these photos that they say do not fit with the version of events by the local RTP.

Please don't shoot the messenger I know no more than that make of it as you will but to avoid even more speculation why not wait for more information to be forthcoming first.

Edited by jayjay78

smedly

Lets make this a little clearer. The 2 friends left Koh Tao when Luke was killed, they then went to Surit Thani to the hospital where I presume he had the autopsy. While there and while the RTP were not looking they took photos of Luke. It is these photos that they say do not fit with the version of events by the local RTP.

Please don't shoot the messenger I know no more than that make of it as you will but to avoid even more speculation why not wait for more information to be forthcoming first.

when he 'died' there is no evidence to say otherwise as of yet, stilll waiting for the friends to prove to the contrary.

smedly

Thanks for that long overdue clarification. Lends credibility to your comments whereas others here are simply parroting some understandably distressed people's FB ruminations about some bizarre Koh Tao mafia serial killer.

smedly

Thanks for that long overdue clarification. Lends credibility to your comments whereas others here are simply parroting some understandably distressed people's FB ruminations about some bizarre Koh Tao mafia serial killer.

This discussion is focused on one incident, we are not discussing whether Koh Tao in general has a killer/s on the lose, that is an entirely different thing, you can conclude what you want but it is meaningless here

Please feel free to start a topic on the subject of "possible Koh Tao serial rapists/killers - and are they being protected by police" I am sure it would be a very busy thread

smedly

No, won't shoot the messenger but why does it need one? Is ST and smedly incapable of answering for themselves? As they go MIA on occasions, is this the reason?

I note your assertions, is all this information contained within the "Friends" post? Does anyone really know what these "Friends" got up too, have they produced anything, other than a post, to prove what they allege. And no I have not seen their post, nor am I a mind reader, hence the query.

Who knows what happened but please forgive my sceptiism as the scenario presented and attributed to the "Friends" looks like a scene straight out of a James Bond movie. Whatever they obtained, if in fact they did, would never be admissable in any court, because it would be deemed to be obtained illegally. Why, because if they did as alleged then they were trespassing.

In so far a speculating, not guilty of this, there are enough on here who are in that club. Maybe if you saw some of my posts I have been a strong advocate of waiting rather than jumping in where agnels fear to tread.

Edited by Si Thea01

No, won't shoot the messenger but why does it need one? Is ST and smedly incapable of answering for themselves? As they go MIA on occasions, is this the reason?

I note your assertions, is all this information contained within the "Friends" post? Does anyone really know what these "Friends" got up too, have they produced anything, other than a post, to prove what they allege. And no I have not seen their post, nor am I a mind reader, hence the query.

Who knows what happened but please forgive my sceptiism as the scenario presented and attributed to the "Friends" looks like a scene straight out of a James Bond movie. Whatever they obtained, if in fact they did, would never be admissable in any court, because it would be deemed to be obtained illegally. Why, because if they did as alleged then they were trespassing.

In so far a speculating, not guilty of this, there are enough on here who are in that club. Maybe if you saw some of my posts I have been a strong advocate of waiting rather than jumping in where agnels fear to tread.

Yes all that info was contained in the posts they made but I would say your the one speculating, why would they be trespassing? Perhaps they were asked to go there to identify the body.

As for any possible photos not being deemed credible in court I would leave that to the inquest to decide which will happen after the autopsy. Your other questions about why the friends would do this or that, unless you speak to them directly you will not get an answer. So better to wait for more information be that from family/friends or more official channels.

Whether any evidence is allowed or not allowed in court is completely besides the point .

If the photos showed an injury that confirms that he was murdered, simply not allowing that evidence in Court doesnt then mean that he didnt have those injuries.

The Luke's Legacy page, which is of course (as has been discussed) run by friends and family of the deceased, reported a day or two ago that the evidence that they have claimed exists has been passed to the UK police.

This family doesn't seem to be getting much empathy from the shills, a bit like the treatment that was meted out to another family from a recent case who suggested that all was not above board, and directly contrary to the handling the family who toed the party line received.

Funny that.

The Luke's Legacy page, which is of course (as has been discussed) run by friends and family of the deceased, reported a day or two ago that the evidence that they have claimed exists has been passed to the UK police.

This family doesn't seem to be getting much empathy from the shills, a bit like the treatment that was meted out to another family from a recent case who suggested that all was not above board, and directly contrary to the handling the family who toed the party line received.

Funny that.

Fat lot of good that will do them, if previous is anything to go by.

Pun intended.

i have said already that this unfortunate incident has not been mentioned on the island as far as i am aware, not 1 hint of gossip to say anything of foul play, now surely someone would have spilled the beans to CSI LA by now, inside information...pictures, rumours??...but nothing.....humm...maybe it was just an unfortunate accident??

If you want to seem like a conspiracy theory nutjob, using the word 'shill' is a surefire way to do so.

Some people will have different opinions to you. Maybe think about recognising and respecting that.I us

I use the word correctly Mr Biker, even if as Franck says, it comes from the 20's. I use a number of other words that come from way before that as I have a reasonable understanding of my language. I don't have a problem with it, do you?

There are a number of posters on here that I don't agree with, but I don't use that word to describe them because it would be inaccurate. There are some that I do use it for- it's a 'cap fits' thing. (Or for that matter the lables you yourself used). If you believe that my use of a particular word in the language makes me a 'conspiracy theorist' or 'nutjob' then fair play to you, but perhaps you should check your own understanding of what words are for. Or are you suggesting that everyone who posts here does so without an agenda?

But still- I posted some information. I made comment on the fact that some people here have been inconsistent with their public treatment of those family members who mistrust the 'powers that be' and those who don't. Do you have anything to say about that?

i have said already that this unfortunate incident has not been mentioned on the island as far as i am aware, not 1 hint of gossip to say anything of foul play, now surely someone would have spilled the beans to CSI LA by now, inside information...pictures, rumours??...but nothing.....humm...maybe it was just an unfortunate accident??

May be and I would also think the same thing as you if it wasn't for the family's suspicions and saying that it wasn't an accident, he was dumped in the pool by someone else and they have proof of it.

So let's not be so hasty to write it off as an accident just yet until we get some info about the situation.

Edited by KunMatt

May be and I would also think the same thing as you if it wasn't for the family's suspicions and saying that it wasn't an accident, he was dumped in the pool by someone else and they have proof of it.

So let's not be so hasty to write it off as an accident just yet until we get some info about the situation.

they have proof? where is this, on a FB page, or they have taken it to the police?, i doubt it at all, i can understand they are upset at this time and maybe after being bombarded by poisonous opinions from the likes of ADAM MICHEAL MURPHY & CO.. but, actual proof or facts, i doubt that at all.

Edited by frank83628

I would say there's a 70/ 30 chance this was just an accident , looking at the way he lived his life before he died. Some of you guys think it has to be murder just because it happened on KT.

I agree with Kun Matt , do not be hasty and write it off as an accident.

they have proof? where is this, on a FB page, or they have taken it to the police?, i doubt it at all, i can understand they are upset at this time and maybe after being bombarded by poisonous opinions from the likes of ADAM MICHEAL MURPHY & CO.. but, actual proof or facts, i doubt that at all.

On the justice for Luke page they wrote (among other things) "He didn't jump off of anything he was put into that pool. By people. The truth will out! And apparently there are two cctv that work near the pool according to a source I am in communication with. We will get there people don't worry xx"

And who is ADAM MICHEAL MURPHY & CO. you keep referring to?

On the justice for Luke page they wrote (among other things) "He didn't jump off of anything he was put into that pool. By people. The truth will out! And apparently there are two cctv that work near the pool according to a source I am in communication with. We will get there people don't worry xx"

The guy "adam" made about 2 comments of a Koh Tao fb business page about 4 days ago. I think the business in question was a bar on KT, but I'm not sure. In this case it is being used to obfuscate and deflect in this situation as far as I can see.

The guy "adam" made about 2 comments of a Koh Tao fb business page about 4 days ago. I think the business in question was a bar on KT, but I'm not sure. In this case it is being used to obfuscate and deflect in this situation as far as I can see.

Oh OK. So the excuse is that if the family of the deceased say anything bad about Koh Tao then it's because some guy called Adam must be involved somehow and told them that? Is that honestly how pathetic these guys arguments are??

"but the family think that somebody else threw his body in the pool. Let's wait and find out why they believe this."

I know why.

Because they're confused after reading Andrew Drummond. That guy couldn't write his way out of a wet paper bag with a machette dipped in ink.

Hard to believe his native language was English.

For example:

"Hanks had made multiple complaints"

What he MEANT to say was "Hanks had multiple complaints made against him"

Which has an entirely different meaning.

If the family depended on AD as a source of "facts", no wonder they are confused.

You know, sometimes the facts disagree with the family's preferred narrative: this wasn't a troubled young drug addict who committed suicide.

As someone noted, this is the #1 cause of death of British 20-something men...

AD's blog post was based on information given to him and information from posts by friends and family, not the other way round.

It was Luke's friends that were with him on holiday that have cried 'foul play'. They were suspicious enough to take photos of his body before returning back to the UK at the earliest opportunity.

Strong words against this Adam. I've seen a few of his posts on the Hannah and David murders and I totally disagree with some of his posts directed against Andy Hall but he has posted others which I do agree with although not all. But my point being he is not anonymous, he is using his real facebook page and so can be identified. Your calling him all sorts of names have you the balls to do that to him personally via your personal facebook? Or do you intend to carry on slagging him off anonymously?

Edited by jayjay78

It't the same as one family was lauded for their comments, and some people threw out all sorts of commentary here bout disrespecting that family for weeks on end, but when a member of the other family came out and said she was unhappy with the process, she was suddenly attacked by those very same posters. Again, funny that.

Don't worry too much about the capitalised name in the previous posts. It really just is straw clutching.

Oh OK. So the excuse is that if the family of the deceased say anything bad about Koh Tao then it's because some guy called Adam must be involved somehow and told them that? Is that honestly how pathetic these guys arguments are??

"AD's blog post was based on information given to him and information from posts by friends and family..."

Not true.

According to AD's blog, the info came from "unidentifiable sources". I already posted that quote here.

We're not talking about "whistle blowers" posting incriminating inside information.

We're talking about a lad that is a freelancer posting heresay.

As a scientist, I can 100% assure you there's a big difference between observable/veriable/repeatable observations and heresay.

AD's blog post was based on information given to him and information from posts by friends and family, not the other way round.

It was Luke's friends that were with him on holiday that have cried 'foul play'. They were suspicious enough to take photos of his body before returning back to the UK at the earliest opportunity.

If someone was a scientist then I would expect them to provide appropriate evidence if they disagreed with my post not just 'not true' blah blah blah'

This situation is different than Hannah and David - they were very obviously murdered and could not be passed off as an accident in a swimming pool, the UK coronor made public (a bold step) some of their findings in the interest of justice, everyone is aware of what they published...... no evidence of rape was found on the body of Hannah - meaning - the UK autopsy concluded that no rape occurred, what this effectively does is remove the claimed motive for the murders, fundamental in any murder investigation, as far as I understand the full transcript of the UK autopsy was provided to the Thai court but was ignored and never disclosed - you need to ask why the Thai court refused enter it into evidence.....why ?

So here we have another death and we all know what the Thai authorities are claiming, the family are saying that there are ignored injuries that cannot be explained, sounds very familiar to the injuries on David Millars body that aslo remain unexplained or ignored...............and since there is no court case in Thailand concerning Lukes claimed accident then there will be nothing witheld in the UK, the full report will be made public very soon

How will this effect anything in Thailand ? well it won't locally - but what maybe it will do is confirm to the world that the Thai authorities may have covered up yet another possible murder on Koh Tao and that they simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth - that would be very damaging indeed

we shall see