British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

Again, may be, we don't know at this stage. Why do you always have to find excuses and be on the side that protects Koh Tao?

Because if 90+% of the people take one side of an issue and less than 10% of the people take the other, I like to side with the less than 10% if I think there is a reasonable chance they are right and the 90+% are wrong. And even if I turn out to be wrong, I really don't care.

And I do this in my real life NGO activities as well where almost everyone on Twitter who is involved with the same issues that interest me has me on block. But there enough very credible people who agree with me that that doesn't bother me either.

So basically you are admitting that you are a troll because you just like to be a contrarian and argue against the popular opinion.

No -- I am admitting that I am a contrarian because I believe I may be right and popular opinion may be wrong.

lol, and I can assure you the only place you will get away with such a questionable attitude is anonymously online, I find what you said above quite disturbing sinister and troubling, you are not someone I would want to be involved with in any shape or form in person - and I am simply responding to your own self proclamation - your own words

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to comment much about the sad death of another kid and the usual KT defenders about how great the island is. To say 60 percent of deaths are more or less 'justified' and acceptable is probably the most bizarre thing I have ever read. Going by that logic it would be acceptable for countless murders in evert UK town/city on a weekend due to having a disagreement or argument. By all means have a tear up and a few slaps for flipping the bird or whatever, but to try and say it is perfectly fine for someone to get slaughtered with a hoe and raped or whatever is psychotic.

As for 'Frank' or whatever he is calling himself these days dragging peoples real names from other media outlets into the argument, very cowardly and out of order. I am amazed the mods have let it go to be honest. If you have issues with what a man says on Facebook then why not send him a message there using your real name instead of peddling your filth on here behind an alias? Cowardly and very low to the extreme.

In regards to the ongoing Hall issues, it seems as though there are a few people who are now unhappy with the way he has been behaving. Fiddling expenses seems to be the tip of the iceberg but that is not really for me to comment much more on until investigations are complete.

Please see the following response from Adam and if Frank or whatever name he is using today has any more issues than man up and send him a message using your own account and real name:

thanks mate and say I am rather pissed off having my real name posted over there also u can post why ANDY HALL has accused me of posting inappropriate photos which is a lie , facebook can confirm as he can if he unblocks me, my lawyer in London would like to hear from him! you can copy and paste that! Adam Murphy
993515_10200197620324648_1529987316_n.jp
ps copy and paste all I write I don't give a <deleted> and its my real name!
andy did this because I challenged him about funds breakdown and why rental car and petrol was down twice, why was he having 2 hour massages every other day with the boys funds, why does he block anybody challending him re funds!! adam murphy!!

Just looking at that closed end to the right of the photo, it might be possible that someone jumping off the roof might strike the side of the pool.

You seriously think a fully grown man could or would walk on to the edge of that flimsy corrugated iron roof, jump off and hit the side of that pool.

Now i'm not saying its impossible, but does basic common sense not tell you something?

Not going to comment much about the sad death of another kid and the usual KT defenders about how great the island is. To say 60 percent of deaths are more or less 'justified' and acceptable is probably the most bizarre thing I have ever read. Going by that logic it would be acceptable for countless murders in evert UK town/city on a weekend due to having a disagreement or argument. By all means have a tear up and a few slaps for flipping the bird or whatever, but to try and say it is perfectly fine for someone to get slaughtered with a hoe and raped or whatever is psychotic.

As for 'Frank' or whatever he is calling himself these days dragging peoples real names from other media outlets into the argument, very cowardly and out of order. I am amazed the mods have let it go to be honest. If you have issues with what a man says on Facebook then why not send him a message there using your real name instead of peddling your filth on here behind an alias? Cowardly and very low to the extreme.

In regards to the ongoing Hall issues, it seems as though there are a few people who are now unhappy with the way he has been behaving. Fiddling expenses seems to be the tip of the iceberg but that is not really for me to comment much more on until investigations are complete.

Please see the following response from Adam and if Frank or whatever name he is using today has any more issues than man up and send him a message using your own account and real name:

thanks mate and say I am rather pissed off having my real name posted over there also u can post why ANDY HALL has accused me of posting inappropriate photos which is a lie , facebook can confirm as he can if he unblocks me, my lawyer in London would like to hear from him! you can copy and paste that! Adam Murphy
993515_10200197620324648_1529987316_n.jp
ps copy and paste all I write I don't give a <deleted> and its my real name!
andy did this because I challenged him about funds breakdown and why rental car and petrol was down twice, why was he having 2 hour massages every other day with the boys funds, why does he block anybody challending him re funds!! adam murphy!!

don't really want to get involved in how AH is being financed as I know little or nothing about it - not really something up for discussion here, but I will say this, "if" he is offering his time free then I see no reason why he cannot claim some expenses, he may also be ferrying people around from the airport to court etc - I honestly don't know any of this, I would also add that if someone started to publicly accuse me of theft on FB I would block them too.

As for the rest of your post (first part) you are spot on

lol, and I can assure you the only place you will get away with such a questionable attitude is anonymously online, I find what you said above quite disturbing sinister and troubling, you are not someone I would want to be involved with in any shape or form in person - and I am simply responding to your own self proclamation - your own words

You get away with it anonymously everyday. Have a nice day.

You get away with it anonymously everyday. Have a nice day.

you admitted that you spend your time here simply to disagree with other posters for the sake of it regardless of sound reasoning, on TVF it is called - baiting - trolling - flaming, and you have openly admitted it

very disturbing

you actually remind me of someone I know

Edited by smedly

No -- you said that. I said I disagree with popular opinion when I have a reasonable belief that popular opinion is popular but not necessarily correct. And I will continue to do so. This ain't your show.

Edited by JLCrab

Just looking at that closed end to the right of the photo, it might be possible that someone jumping off the roof might strike the side of the pool.

You seriously think a fully grown man could or would walk on to the edge of that flimsy corrugated iron roof, jump off and hit the side of that pool.

Now i'm not saying its impossible, but does basic common sense not tell you something?

Just out of curiosity what is the structure made out of?

I'll just take a look at my architect drawings and get back to you.

I'll just take a look at my architect drawings and get back to you.

Cheers for that, just wondering if its flimsy or made of sturdier stuff.

Edited by roo860

There is no evidence whatsoever that the deceased jumped from the roof of the DJ booth to his death.

It was either pure speculation combined with wishful thinking on the part of the police or outright lying to cover up a murder.

Perhaps you could point to any evidence that showed Luke jumped to his death.

I said "It might be possible ..." other than that I just read the report:

UPDATE SATURDAY: Police in Thailand have confirmed that 26-year-old Luke Miller was found dead in a hotel swimming pool by cleaning staff after ‘taking a plunge from the top of a nearby DJ booth whilst ‘heavily drunk’, according to Thai news source Khaosod English http://www.islandecho.co.uk/news/islander-dies-whilst-on-holiday-in-thailand

Maybe it was a murder -- but the initial speculation on here was that it was pay-back time for the late Mr. Miler's being one of the "tall guys" or "tall male customers" who intervened a few weeks earlier in a fight involving another person.

Edited by JLCrab

UPDATE SATURDAY: Police in Thailand have confirmed that 26-year-old Luke Miller was found dead in a hotel swimming pool by cleaning staff after ‘taking a plunge from the top of a nearby DJ booth whilst ‘heavily drunk’, according to Thai news source Khaosod English http://www.islandecho.co.uk/news/islander-dies-whilst-on-holiday-in-thailand

Maybe it was a murder -- but the initial speculation on here was that it was pay-back time for the late Mr. Miler's being one of the "tall guests" who intervened a few weeks earlier in a fight involving another person.

So you're back to saying that he did jump off the top of the DJ Booth, i.e. that platform that is made for jumping into the pool? Your last excuse when I pointed out how unlikely it would be that he hit the poolside and landed in the water from a board designed for people to jump into the pool was that you heard he actually jumped from the DJ Booth itself, not the board.

So Mr Contrarian, what now? The extremely unlikely scenario that he manage to kill himself in a party pool by diving from a platform designed for jumping into the pool, or are you saying that the police are lying and he jumped from the DJ Booth because you know that the police's explanation needs a lot of faith to be true?

Maybe it was a murder -- but the initial speculation on here was that it was pay-back time for the late Mr. Miler's being one of the "tall guests" who intervened a few weeks earlier in a fight involving another person.

So you're back to saying that he did jump off the top of the DJ Booth, i.e. that platform that is made for jumping into the pool? Your last excuse when I pointed out how unlikely it would be that he hit the poolside and landed in the water from a board designed for people to jump into the pool was that you heard he actually jumped from the DJ Booth itself, not the board.

So Mr Contrarian, what now? The extremely unlikely scenario that he manage to kill himself in a party pool by diving from a platform designed for jumping into the pool, or are you saying that the police are lying and he jumped from the DJ Booth because you know that the police's explanation needs a lot of faith to be true?

I thought the police said he jumped from the booth?

Maybe it was a murder -- but the initial speculation on here was that it was pay-back time for the late Mr. Miler's being one of the "tall guys" or "tall male customers" who intervened a few weeks earlier in a fight involving another person.

As for your added on sentence that you edited, I think one person very early on said that some people who helped the guy who got battered at the Sunset Bar the night before Luke died may have something to do with what happened to Luke. It's petty to keep bringing this up when you are the only one who keeps mentioning it.

Autopsy due soon from UK.

Yeah, and if the UK autopsy says that he was dead before he was in the pool and he has injuries consistent with a fight, what will your excuse for Koh Tao be then? You will definitely have to argue against the facts if it says he was murdered, right Mr Contrarian?

Autopsy due soon from UK.

Yeah, and if the UK autopsy says that he was dead before he was in the pool and he has injuries consistent with a fight, what will your excuse for Koh Tao be then? You will definitely have to argue against the facts if it says he was murdered, right Mr Contrarian?

Dude, calm down. Thus far there is nothing to suggest this was murder beyond speculation, and no evidence has yet emerged to back up the police's version of events. Either could turn out to be true, and whilst we're not in possession of the full story it's a little early to be attacking people for not agreeing with your gut feeling about what might have happened to this poor guy.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the deceased jumped from the roof of the DJ booth to his death.

It was either pure speculation combined with wishful thinking on the part of the police or outright lying to cover up a murder.

Perhaps you could point to any evidence that showed Luke jumped to his death.

I have no evidence Clouseau, i am going off what the police said.

Surely my comment speaks for itself in suggesting that such an action is improbable.

Could be but why do you so desperately wish that was so?

You are a staunch defender of Koh Tao against the B2 and you straight away came to the defense and posted loads of speculation about Luke's death and how it is nothing to do with Koh Tao. The rest of us are waiting for some more actual facts to come out while you Koh Tao cheerleaders are all exposing yourselves.

And why do you desperately wish it was murder ? Just because KT has a reputation and there are killers walking arund doesnt mean this is a murder.

Could be but why do you so desperately wish that was so?

You are a staunch defender of Koh Tao against the B2 and you straight away came to the defense and posted loads of speculation about Luke's death and how it is nothing to do with Koh Tao. The rest of us are waiting for some more actual facts to come out while you Koh Tao cheerleaders are all exposing yourselves.

And why do you desperately wish it was murder ? Just because KT has a reputation and there are killers walking arund doesnt mean this is a murder.

When have I ever said that Balo???

I am just tired of endless speculations , lets wait for the autopsy. Maybe it was a murder , just maybe , ok ?

So I didn't say that then, did I? Even looking at the quote you replied to me on you can see that I said that it could be anything and I'm waiting for more facts to come out.

So maybe you are thinking of someone else speculating in this thread or maybe it's just because you still have an issue with me cuz I gave you a hard time for wanting to hang the B2 from the very start. You got your wish in the end, right? I hope you will be happy when they execute the two young lads after your constant vying for it on this forum. Be proud of everything you said along the way Balo.

Edited by KunMatt

Months ago supporters of the RTP and the death penalty for B2 asked continuously why did the friends of David and Hannah not say something.

Recently we have heard from Laura Withridge and Nichola Gissling.

Now that these two ladies have risked everything to speak out for Hannah and Luke, it seems to me that having risked everything to speak out the supporters mentioned above now refer to their words as pure speculation. Just like the coronor at Norfolk, UK, who spoke out in the interests of justice, her findings were adjudged pure speculation by the Thai court. If that was not the case why did not the Samui Court take into account the Norfolk coroner"s report?

Months ago supporters of the RTP and the death penalty for B2 asked continuously why did the friends of David and Hannah not say something.

Recently we have heard from Laura Withridge and Nichola Gissling.

Now that these two ladies have risked everything to speak out for Hannah and Luke, it seems to me that having risked everything to speak out the supporters mentioned above now refer to their words as pure speculation. Just like the coronor at Norfolk, UK, who spoke out in the interests of justice, her findings were adjudged pure speculation by the Thai court. If that was not the case why did not the Samui Court take into account the Norfolk coroner"s report?

Apologies correcting spelling of family name Witheridge, this will save a speedy response from the contrarian fellow with the strong binoculars who can spot used up DNA from 78 metres.

Also of course we have also heard from Maria Miller, sister of Luke Miller.

Now that the speaking up has started their words are being dismissed or heavily discounted.

Has anyone asked why a man would be left to drown in a swimming pool without anyone noticing???? I find it very hard to believe. Drownings and hangings seem to be the way to go around that way.

I very much doubt barbed wire could knock you out as well. Interesting to see what the autopsy reveals and I would be in no way at all surprised if foul play is involved. There is a trend with young kids getting done over and it can't all be trivial accidents as many like to spin out to the families and what not.

The Thai's are big on face, everyone knows that, and all these incidents just scream of the hardcore retribution they commonly dish out for losing some. I still quite can't believe the motive of ' two young lads saw a couple going at it on the beach, got horny, and slaughtered them to death' actually got entertained. The world, or more specifically Thailand and its band of merry brainwashed supporters, have gone mad.

Apologies correcting spelling of family name Witheridge, this will save a speedy response from the contrarian fellow with the strong binoculars who can spot used up DNA from 78 metres.

If you are referring maybe to me I have never discussed DNA in the entire case except for in SEP 2014 as to whether DNA is recoverable from a body that has been embalmed prior to repatriation.

I watched enough of the OJ Simpson trial to believe for any expert who is willing to say YEA the other side can find just as reputable an expert willing to say NAY.