GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

I got the GMM box in August and paid for 4 months (3 months + 1 free), then paid for another 3 months early last month.... so I'm pre-paid up until early March. I'm in the UK for most of February so I can't grumble too much (I feel bad for those who pre-paid for a year!), but it's a bit of a pain if we need a new provider and pay for installation, etc.

Hopefully all will become clear soon enough and I can start making plans so I don't miss the end of the season.

Call 1619 or 1629 and maybe they will send you a new compatible box at no extra expense, expect to wait a long time for someone to answer, English option available.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to GMM office the other day, to find out what's going on. I was told that a new box would be sent to me plus a full whole year subscription (equal to the package you are currently on) would be give free. The year subscription will start from the date that you start using the new box. Date given for new box was 6th Feb 2016.

how confusing the message has been,ZTV YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUCHASE TOP UP PACKAGES.

well end of august we bought 3 ztv boxes and 2package's both platinium and paid for 1yr.on each [2]

we have tried phoneing deleted,i have just read a report from a business paper and it says.

NBTC THAILAND AND THE CONSUMER PROTECTION CALLED GMZZ AND CTH,and arranged a meating for jan 13th.but GMZZ AND CTH.

DIDNT TURN UP.

they have sold 4million boxes with 1million still active.

shouldnt this as its very important should be in the general topics.

how confusing the message has been,ZTV YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUCHASE TOP UP PACKAGES.

well end of august we bought 3 ztv boxes and 2package's both platinium and paid for 1yr.on each [2]

we have tried phoneing deleted,i have just read a report from a business paper and it says.

NBTC THAILAND AND THE CONSUMER PROTECTION CALLED GMZZ AND CTH,and arranged a meating for jan 13th.but GMZZ AND CTH.

DIDNT TURN UP.

I'm not surprised they didn't turn up: even for Thailand this kind of mis-selling and abrupt breaking of contracts and promises with barely any warning is a bit extreme.

What happens when it gets to March or April and the boxes still haven't been delivered, I wonder...

In the US they would be the subject of mass action lawsuits and probably have to pay a lot of compensation, and in most of the EU they would be breaking the law, but TIT and the company directors probably have powerful friends...

DIDNT TURN UP.

I'm not surprised they didn't turn up: even for Thailand this kind of mis-selling and abrupt breaking of contracts and promises with barely any warning is a bit extreme.

What happens when it gets to March or April and the boxes still haven't been delivered, I wonder...

In the US they would be the subject of mass action lawsuits and probably have to pay a lot of compensation, and in most of the EU they would be breaking the law, but TIT and the company directors probably have powerful friends...

i understand that a meeting between the national broadcasting telecommunications commission at the broadcasting panels meeting on monday.also their

subcommittee on consummer protection.

Someone from GMM actually called us yesterday (rather than we called them) and offered us the choice between a new box or 1,800 baht refund. We have a six month subscription which we took out two months ago. My wife told them to call back in 10 mins as she needed to discuss it with me and sure enough they did. They told her we would still be able to get Premier League football on the new box but somehow I have my doubts.

My daughter also has a GMM box which is on a 12 month subscription but no-one has contacted her.

Assume she registered the box with correct contact information when she started the 12 month subscription - but this is the first report here of GMM making contact so that may happen in the future - but she should call 1619 or 1629 to be sure.

Assume she registered the box with correct contact information when she started the 12 month subscription - but this is the first report here of GMM making contact so that may happen in the future - but she should call 1619 or 1629 to be sure.

we have 3boxes,2with 12month packages,the other box only picks up free thai channels,the other 2 have been registered.but trying to contact gmmz on the above no's you have more chance winning the lottery.

the wife phoned gmm-grammy today and they said they will know more on monday.

we will loose all our platinium pakages,fox sports,news,geo,channels,sky news,all the movie channels,in fact if the boxes are to be switched off that means no signals at all. 14,000bht for 4months viewing.

i just wonder what name they will set up again as.

Most of the channels are already being provided by CTH so if they provide a subscription to there service most will not be lost. And do not believe GMM will cease production of there own programs (that is there primary business).

As for box switch off losing stations can not be sure on that until/if it happens - believe box actually can be programmed manually if required (but don't believe most of us would be that interested in doing for more than a few stations).

My package expires on the 18th.

Not sure whether to risk 5,000 baht renewing it before then so that I will presumably qualify for a free box, or wait for the dust to settle but then have to pay for a new box. I suppose if it's only 1,500 or 2,000 baht for the box then it's probably better to wait.

2 more days before pay TV ceases and little to no chance of anyone receiving a box in time!

Expect nothing else here,same old.

CTH on ilikehd cheap easy and hassle free,the day they pull the plug on these internet services will be a sad day.

Pay TV here like many things has deteriorated with greed,incompetency and minimal planning.

UBC or True were once the only option or monopoly,with the advent of additional operators things should have improved but that's never going to be the case here is it.

this is what we have been told 5.15am.today.by gmmz.

our satellite dish psi.1.5mts.black mesh will not pick up any packages from them with the new box.

so its a refund on the boxes,dish,and the packages.so help me god.

^ That's really a crappy deal! Buy sat systems and the contracts are just cut with no alternatives - other than to buy new boxes and start the crappy contract deals all over again.

Jeez - I'm (not?) surprised that they can get away with that sort of thing - and I certainly wouldn't go near GMM or CTH again. sad.png

Mind you, a meeting with NBTC MIGHT just pull something positive out of the GMM/CTH hat, what will the many (and no doubt continuing) complaints that NBTC is getting from irate Thai customers.

If and when we ever get a replacement box, then we'll just let any 'free' channels run until they're not available any longer, then just watch the FTA channels. In the meantime, I think I'll take a longer look at internet TV possibilities.

Cheers smile.png

this is what we have been told 5.15am.today.by gmmz.

our satellite dish psi.1.5mts.black mesh will not pick up any packages from them with the new box.

so its a refund on the boxes,dish,and the packages.so help me god.

I believe the dish you refer to is a C Band dish and the other type is the smaller metal dish known as a KU Band. It seems like they are saying the C Band will not work which maybe an unknown problem for many. In my case I have a KU Band dish.

After our fallout with CTH, we bought the GMMZ 120 day package so we could watch football. The GMMZ box wouldn't work with the CTH dish ( as CTH had turned off their signal). We called GMMZ number and said the only dish we had was a truevisions dish, and they explained to us how to set it up to use Truevisions dish...GMMZ box n Truevisions dish works fine. When we want to watch Truevisions we simply remove the cable from GMMZ box and put in to Truevisions box. If this set up is still working after 18th I'll let you know.

After our fallout with CTH, we bought the GMMZ 120 day package so we could watch football. The GMMZ box wouldn't work with the CTH dish ( as CTH had turned off their signal). We called GMMZ number and said the only dish we had was a truevisions dish, and they explained to us how to set it up to use Truevisions dish...GMMZ box n Truevisions dish works fine. When we want to watch Truevisions we simply remove the cable from GMMZ box and put in to Truevisions box. If this set up is still working after 18th I'll let you know.

when the wife came off the phone this morning she understood that we needed a truevisions size dish if we wanted a cth.package and box..

how many have noticed they are still advertising the gmmz.hd.lite box.1,115bht.

what i WOULD like to KNOW who bought out ZPAY TV.

when the wife came off the phone this morning she understood that we needed a truevisions size dish if we wanted a cth.package and box..

how many have noticed they are still advertising the gmmz.hd.lite box.1,115bht.

what i WOULD like to KNOW who bought out ZPAY TV.

2014 z-pay was bought out by no other than CTH.LCO CO.which is a subsidiary of CTH. oh dear i am giddy.

Believe the 18th was the use by date - not cut off. People had coupons and after the 18th they become invalid for new service was my understanding (but could be wrong). The program transmission ending date is currently February 6th from my reading.

Believe the 18th was the use by date - not cut off. People had coupons and after the 18th they become invalid for new service was my understanding (but could be wrong). The program transmission ending date is currently February 6th from my reading.

Ah, that's a good explanation: I didn't realise this at all.

Ah, that's a good explanation: I didn't realise this at all.

L3 is right P its feb.6th cut off.

now i have to find another souce.i was so pleased with the ulta platinium packages.

it makes me wonder will CTH be showing the premier league 2016/2017season.or will they take over the packages from GMMZ.

but has i have a PSI dish that would have to go awell,and the GMMZ boxes wont pick it up.

Not sure what you are saying as PSI/GMM/CTH all use the same Thaicom birds. I am using both GMMZ and PSI boxs and subscriptions on same C-Band antenna currently.

As for football believe rights for next year and beyond are held by a third party so expect there may be war between CTH and True for rights; which probably points to high cost for viewers.

Not sure what you are saying as PSI/GMM/CTH all use the same Thaicom birds. I am using both GMMZ and PSI boxs and subscriptions on same C-Band antenna currently.

As for football believe rights for next year and beyond are held by a third party so expect there may be war between CTH and True for rights; which probably points to high cost for viewers.

I believe the C Band ( large black mesh dish) is not compatible with the replacement GMMZ boxes. Previously mentioned by Meatboy and the wife was asked if we had the KU band as this was the only one that will work. Yes EPL football has gone to BEIN and maybe there will be a bun fight for rights but if I was to guess I would say True are favourites, who knows we may have to change providers AGAIN! Meatboy have you considered just changing your dish?

we just got a phone call wich sounds tooooooooooo good to be TRUE.

instead of them refunding the cost of 3 set top boxes and the prescriptions 2x5,000bht for the ulta platinium packages.

they will send us 3new boxes,plus a yrs.2times ultra premium and still be in credit for the 8months left on the GMMZ deals.

but what we have to pay for ourselves is a new ku.satellite dish as the psi wont work.

what do you think LB.

The dish is not that expense and easy enough to install but does limit the stations available and will have more rain fade - but if you don't normally watch the extra stations and mostly want the paid content should work for you. An extra 100 stations does not mean much if you never watch them.

The dish is not that expense and easy enough to install but does limit the stations available and will have more rain fade - but if you don't normally watch the extra stations and mostly want the paid content should work for you. An extra 100 stations does not mean much if you never watch them.

the 2 main telle's downstairs and up.has the packages,the other telle.in the bedroom only has the free to air,the one's i watch channel 8,sunday 19.20 thai-boxing.

channel pptv.shows a EPL GAME regular and true 4YOU.as i go to bed early and am up at 2am.all the late kick offs suit me.i do watch a lot of fox,sports and crime,

sky news,cooking channel,eurosport,fight nights,cage fighting,sumo.judo,all these i can switch to english.

the wife just spoke to the satellite man ku.dish fitted and boxes set up 1,900bht.

that will do for me.

• 2 weeks later...

instead of them refunding the cost of 3 set top boxes and the prescriptions 2x5,000bht for the ulta platinium packages.

they will send us 3new boxes,plus a yrs.2times ultra premium and still be in credit for the 8months left on the GMMZ deals.

but what we have to pay for ourselves is a new ku.satellite dish as the psi wont work.

what do you think LB.

has anyone had any joy with gmmz or is it cth.

since they said we can have the above deal,they have asked not once but twice for the wife's bank details,WHAT FOR when we decided that we would except the package. looks to me they are playing for time.

next contact will be to the NBTC.

what do you think LB.

has anyone had any joy with gmmz or is it cth.

since they said we can have the above deal,they have asked not once but twice for the wife's bank details,WHAT FOR when we decided that we would except the package. looks to me they are playing for time.

next contact will be to the NBTC.

everyone who is waiting for set top boxes to be sent had better confirm it with gmmz.because after speaking with NBTC who gave us a no.to get through to gmmz.[02-8418888]

as i said it sounds tooooooooooo good to be true,WELL IT IS.

they are only giving us 8months veiwing on only one box,not 12months as they told us.as for the other package and the boxes its anyone's guess.

the final words were we will have to check it all again.

in fact they havent got a deleted clue.

Archived