Angry or abusive posts ....

billphillips

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with anger being expressed. It is an emotion and get it out. Abusive on the other hand is for control,when reason is gone. Abusive posters want control and when they have no other way they abuse.

i think simply ignore abusive post ,no response no value in doing it.

Some guys live their lives being angry and abusive not only on the internet in all communication with others. I have met a few since coming to Thailand.

The problem are not the abusive posters but the enablers, by giving "likes". Without them the abusers have no platform. They just start another forum with the likeminded.

That is so true.thumbsup.gif It is always the same posters supporting each other & rather gives the game away. Have to admit it is not as bad as it used to be before most of them effed of down the Nags Head.

I have no problem with anger being expressed. It is an emotion and get it out. Abusive on the other hand is for control,when reason is gone. Abusive posters want control and when they have no other way they abuse.

i think simply ignore abusive post ,no response no value in doing it.

Some guys live their lives being angry and abusive not only on the internet in all communication with others. I have met a few since coming to Thailand.

The problem are not the abusive posters but the enablers, by giving "likes". Without them the abusers have no platform. They just start another forum with the likeminded.

That is so true.thumbsup.gif It is always the same posters supporting each other & rather gives the game away. Have to admit it is not as bad as it used to be before most of them effed of down the Nags Head.

It's even possible that the angry group are actually one person with multiple profiles. I can't think why I would want to do that but it would certainly give the angry / abusive poster the illusion of having some likes and support. You have to remember .. We are not dealing with normal or balanced people here.

A huge percentage of the abusive posts the poster wouldn't dream of saying to your face in a social setting.

To me they'd be the guys getting a laugh out of calling Thais that don't grasp English monkeys and cracking themselves up. Or big noting themselves every chance they get when drunk (i.e.: your classic 'I used to be' guy).

If people feel the need to type emotively and uncontrollably in a medium where it is quite easy to stop, take a deep breathe and read over what you typed before posting it, shows they have a poor self image than anything.

Edited by MadMuhummad

^Hey Muhummad it is great that we share the same adjective in our names but I have to disagree with your post as every poster here will tell you they wouldnt have a problem repeating the bullshit they type here in a social setting ,I include myself in that.whistling.gif

Angry or abusive posters belong to the "less brights" of us (quite a number of posters it seems).

Since they are less able to write well thought and sensible comments, they quickly become angry and abusive.

The fun is to see how quickly they turn angry and abusive :)

Now i am an old ladyish with a great niece who has no hair.

We sing the song -

There was a little girl with a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead

and when she was good

she was very very good

and when she was bad she was horrid

My mother sang that to me!! And now she is singing it to her great grandaughter. What goes around.... Irish stock.

Now i am an old ladyish with a great niece who has no hair.

We sing the song -

There was a little girl with a little curl

right in the middle of her forehead

and when she was good

she was very very good

and when she was bad she was horrid

My mother sang that to me!! And now she is singing it to her great grandaughter. What goes around.... Irish stock.

Better lay off that gluwein Patsycat...,.,you know what comes next.....

Edited by harrry

admittedly I know I at times sound off at something, especially when something really stupid has happened, here it can happen a lot but its the ones that come close to causing a major accident or threatening a life that usually cause me to do it. Then again if my meds arent working & pain levels are pretty high I tend to get a bit agro at everything, frustration gets the better of me at these times although I refrain from getting abusive, only venting my frustrations.

Edited by seajae

Whenever I read an abusive post I wonder whether the poster has had a bit to drink and wouldn't post such a thing was he completely sober. To get so idea I a look at the time of posting, if it's after 8pm then the chances are to poster has had a jar or two.

Don't you mean if it's after 8am?

Whenever I read an abusive post I wonder whether the poster has had a bit to drink and wouldn't post such a thing was he completely sober. To get so idea I a look at the time of posting, if it's after 8pm then the chances are to poster has had a jar or two.

With me it's around midday.......giggle.gif

Alco.

With me it's around midday.......giggle.gif

That's Midday to Midday....right?

Anger and abuse is never justified in my opinion.

Of course you're right but so many appear to be that way. Hardly a thread exists that doesn't have one or more nasty sections. I can't imagine the reasoning and I'm curious as to the motivations behind it. The mental images I have of these posters is of ridicule. I wonder how they perceive themselves? I'm sure that alcohol (as already mentioned) does play some part in proceedings, but not in all cases surely.
In my personal experience some people think that if they do not like you they are justified in doing anything they want to you. It is classic in-group, out-group and dehumanization techniques used to commit unspeakable acts against those we do not like. Unfortunately as humans we are able to rationalize almost anythings.

I remember when there was a group of posters here that very much fit that description. They formed a little clique and attempted to bully and belittle anyone they thought didn't fit here. They also seemed to think they were above the forum rules, but that turned out not to be the case, and the place is much better for their absence.

Names, Names big man posting. The ones you're referring to are sorely missed.

You're the only one that seems to miss them. I'm told they're out there somewhere if you want to find them.

Different points of view always makes things interesting.

They do. Which is why the forum is better off without those who shout down and belittle anyone who's point of view diverges from theirs.

I enjoy the outlet. Seems popular since you cant deface people in thailand in person.

Frustrations need to come out somehow. Holding frustration in does not work. Psychological fact.

The thais dont work this stuff out, that's why we hear about these sudden beatings like the father/son beating by karaoke staff in chiang mai.

They do. Which is why the forum is better off without those who shout down and belittle anyone who's point of view diverges from theirs.

It seems that you have not spent anytime in the international forums. There are a couple of very sick people who are obsessed with the denigration of one nationality and one religious group. Their words drip with blood lust and have a hatred that burns deep within them. And yet they play the forum rules well, staying on the right side of the rules. They provoke abuse because they seek one outcome only, the pain and death of others.

And then there are those who play the oh you hurt my feelings, I am offended. They dash in to make an inflammatory or deceitful statement and then flee, snickering at the nasty gift left behind. They claim abuse was rendered and carry on like distraught 14 year old girls. Perhaps you know them?

Remember the king of the dung pile contest this year? Quite a few abusive posts directed at that lady from CM. Apparently, they weren't abusive because she's an older woman. Got to love the TVF older male double standard. clap2.gif

The anger at anyone different from you seems to be a common theme here.

The problem is exacerbated by some people's inability to grasp that they're talking to fellow human beings, not just words on a page. The lengths some will go to castigate others for no bigger crime than disagreeing with them are remarkable.

Being categorised can be a bit annoying though and some quite high profile Posters are prone to do this and get many 'Likes' for it which surprises me. For example just because i disagree with (at a whim) all day alcohol bans does not mean i am a drunk who cannot go a single day without a Chang. Just because i don't agree with dual pricing does not mean i am anti Thailand, stupid about moaning at a few baht and need to go back to my own country. Just because i have paid directly for sex does not mean that i am a fat, dirty, smelly pervert with absolutely no moral values.

Just because someone is not being abusive directly to another individual does not necessarily mean that their Posts are not offensive.

Just as those who think alcohol bans are no big deal aren't necessarily humourless teetotallers, or those who prefer not to pay for sex aren't religious prudes.

Too many people here overreact to even the slightest perceived criticism of their lifestyle. There's room for all sorts.