Anyone Bought New Nissan X-Trail Hybrid...Thoughts and Impressions?

The 2.5V X Trail currently offered by Nissan in Thailand has the QR25DE engine and is Diesel not Petrol. There are a couple of comments in this thread, and an article in a Thai newspaper (who appear to have cut and pasted a review from another country without looking under the bonnet) that suggest otherwise. I was confused for a month so others may also be for a day or two.

The QR25DE used in the X-Trail and Teana is definitely a gasoline/petrol/benzene engine. The "D" in the name does not stand for "Diesel" smile.png

I hope you haven't been filling it with the wrong fuel tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2.5V X Trail currently offered by Nissan in Thailand has the QR25DE engine and is Diesel not Petrol. There are a couple of comments in this thread, and an article in a Thai newspaper (who appear to have cut and pasted a review from another country without looking under the bonnet) that suggest otherwise. I was confused for a month so others may also be for a day or two.

You are still confused. What makes you think the X-Trail is diesel?

There is a E20 Gasohol sticker under the X-Trail 2.5L filler cap to avoid any confusion.

Runs fine on 91 or 95.

Will see if I can test drive the CX5 tomorrow and compare to X-Trail. It's supposed to be a very good handling SUV. As for that 2.0 CRV, probably under powered that's why so noisy...was it engine noise or outside/road noise?

CRV - engine noise as well but road noise was more obvious, the CX5 i had already test driven once it was new on the market, sporty handling - now it looks already dated interior and exterior wise - the facelift will be out soon

the X Trail is much more comfortable and Mazda Pattaya garage has a negative service reputation, so no option for me

OIC...that is in accord with Honda's well know reputation of having problems with the interior noise on many of their models.
. Last years ,noise well down in this years range

There is a E20 Gasohol sticker under the X-Trail 2.5L filler cap to avoid any confusion.

Runs fine on 91 or 95.

I'll confess to only visiting two Nissan dealers both in Bangkok but both only offer a 2.5v (and its the only 2.5 in the X Trail brochure which features 4 models).

Haven't seen or been offered a 2.5L

Runs fine on 91 or 95.

I'll confess to only visiting two Nissan dealers both in Bangkok but both only offer a 2.5v (and its the only 2.5 in the X Trail brochure which features 4 models).

There's only 1 model with a 2.5 engine and that is a 2.5v 4WD

Runs fine on 91 or 95.

Edit have just checked the Nissan website which I should have done first. My Bad.

Currently they offer 6 X Trail models for Thai market

2.0S 2WD Petrol

2.0V 4WD Petrol

2.5V 4WD Petrol

2.0S 2WD Petrol/Hybrid

2.0E 2WD Petrol/Hybrid has Auto Liftgate

2.0V 4WD Petrol/Hybrid

I put Petrol/Hybrid because I read yesterday they are going to be offering a diesel hybrid X Trail in India.

Although the site doesnt say fuel it says QR25DE engine. When I asked the very pleasant sales person if that meant Diesel she said yes. She obvioulsy misunderstood the question.

So to be clear the 2.5V is petrol and i was wrong.

Edited by turgid