Aussie couple who sought Thai girl's help were never robbed, police say

webfact

"However, tourist police told the press last night that it was unlikely the couple had been robbed as they had previously told police earlier in the month they had already lost their ATM cards and credit cards. They had also been kicked out of hotels in Kanchanaburi twice this month due to drunken rampages."

OK, they are low lifes and probably weren't robbed judging by their past actions, but surely their claims should be investigated before being dismissed.

They should have prosecuted for fraud.
If that is proven then, yes I agree. Need to investigate first though, eh.

Investigate what, exactly? The two Aussies specifically asked not to be taken to the police station. So do you think the police should now try to find them, ask them to file a robbery report, and then investigate the supposed robbery???
The bib have basically said they are lying and there was no robbery. They have accused these two of fraud. There is no evidence of this claim as the Australians claim has not been investigated. Unless the bib investigate the alleged robbery they are no position to say it did not take place.

Clear enough for you?

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, tourist police told the press last night that it was unlikely the couple had been robbed as they had previously told police earlier in the month they had already lost their ATM cards and credit cards. They had also been kicked out of hotels in Kanchanaburi twice this month due to drunken rampages."

OK, they are low lifes and probably weren't robbed judging by their past actions, but surely their claims should be investigated before being dismissed.

if not by past actions , what standard do you propose ? stay in the shallow end , you cannot think well ....

So much have been written here with names calling about farang being scammed by the locals.....here we have thais being scammed by farangs....so what you say.... bah.gif

Karma? Though better the scammers were scammed.

da dude looks a lil sweet ............

Time the visas are raised to $1000. I would not have a problem paying that much if it kept out the majority of scum that enters here and that number is in the millions. More pieces of **** .

What a pair of scumbags !

How is it that low life scum like this can afford to travel?

It's about time airlines increased their airfares, keep people like this back in western Sydney or the back blocks of the Gold Coast where they deserve to be.

I agree.I would pay more if it kept the bums out and there are a lot of them here.

Someone can tell me why this is National Headline News? There is a foreign couple who cheated some free drinks, snacks and a taxi ride. There a thousands of foreigners who have been cheated of lifetimes savings by their thai partners and families....

Edited by SoFarAndNear

if not by past actions , what standard do you propose ? stay in the shallow end , you cannot think well ....

Only a fool with no ability to think would decide someone was guilty of a crime based on hearsay and unproven accusations.

The only way to judge these two is a sober investigation of their claims.

So much have been written here with names calling about farang being scammed by the locals.....here we have thais being scammed by farangs....so what you say.... bah.gif

I'd say these low life should be thrown in the bighouse and be made to pay every penny back.

Australia has plenty of bogans on it's shores and some of them seem to be making their way to Thailand.

Yes, please identify and deport ASAP. I am a proud Aussie and also a bit of a larrikin but this kind of behaviour is beyond the pale.

Send them to Bali where they will fit in nicely with the million drunken bums we send there regularly.

My fellow Australians embarass the hell out of me at times.

investigate what? did you not read that they said they lost their ATM cards and credit cards? READ the article before trying to defend a couple of cockroaches who should be in jail and banned from Thailand for life!

I'd say these low life should be thrown in the bighouse and be made to pay every penny back.

Australia has plenty of bogans on it's shores and some of them seem to be making their way to Thailand.

Yes, please identify and deport ASAP. I am a proud Aussie and also a bit of a larrikin but this kind of behaviour is beyond the pale.

Send them to Bali where they will fit in nicely with the million drunken bums we send there regularly.

I think the problem should fix itself in due course, they will probably overstay their 30 days and hopefully end being fined and as they won't have the money will be put in a detention center in Bangkok. If they are deported I do like the idea of dropping them in some remote place like Darwin and forcing them to find their own way back to their home city Perth which is thousands of kilometers away. The only obligation of the Government in repatraiation cases is to deliver them to their home country.

An inflammatory post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

And what country would you come from UK, US, India etc? Being stupid has no boundaries. Don't judge the actions of two idiots as indicative of the country.

Australia.

You are right, being stupid has no boundaries but Australia seems to have it in spades these days, idiots, low lives, grubs, bogans and tool aplenty.

I've travelled virtually the entire country and it seems to be pretty much the same story everywhere you go.

Australia use to be a good country with hard working decent people, however these days there's a newer selfish lazy scumbag element in town, nothing short of a piece of led between the eyes would fix the problem.

I know scum when I see it, perhaps you could call me an expert scum spotter. I use to get paid to deal with them but it seems nobody took my position when I retired and they've been allowed to multiply.

Of course, it's not the entire 22 million of them, there are a few decent folk left. Cheers.

Time the visas are raised to $1000. I would not have a problem paying that much if it kept out the majority of scum that enters here and that number is in the millions. More pieces of **** .

What a pair of scumbags !

How is it that low life scum like this can afford to travel?

It's about time airlines increased their airfares, keep people like this back in western Sydney or the back blocks of the Gold Coast where they deserve to be.

No, just remove the 'economy' seats out of the aircraft and make it 60% Business class and 40% first class.

The scum won't be able to afford the airfares and I won't have to see the visual pollution as I move between the airport lounge and the aircraft!

biggrin.png

You seem to assume that poor or low-income people are scum ... and that there are no scum people who can afford business- and first-class seats. Get over yourself.

Not at all, I acknowledge that the are decent folk that ride economy, let's just call them collateral damage.

I think the problem should fix itself in due course, they will probably overstay their 30 days and hopefully end being fined and as they won't have the money will be put in a detention center in Bangkok. If they are deported I do like the idea of dropping them in some remote place like Darwin and forcing them to find their own way back to their home city Perth which is thousands of kilometers away. The only obligation of the Government in repatraiation cases is to deliver them to their home country.

Why take them all the way to Darwin when they could be dropped into the water just north of Darwin and if they're lucky they might make shore as croc shiiiiit. That is assuming the crocs would bother eating this sort of crap.

Since the commoditities boom ended Australia has had to look at new export markets.This is one of them,gets them of the social security books too a win - win situation

investigate what? did you not read that they said they lost their ATM cards and credit cards? READ the article before trying to defend a couple of cockroaches who should be in jail and banned from Thailand for life!

From the opening line of the OP which I at least read

"Tourist police said last night the two Australian tourists, seen in photos that went viral crying desperately to a Bangkok woman about getting robbed, were actually fraudsters"

Great! This story is a dream for self-loathing foreigners.

Perhaps. But it's also true that this kind of scam hurts travelers in the future who might really need the help.

You're right, I'm sorry.

Hang them off the tallest tower for misrepresenting white people. We are usually so perfect.

Where does Drongo come from?......Oz as well?

A Drongo is actually a stupid bird.

But it now means a stupid person.

Drongo is a bird but the usage for people comes from a racehorse named Drongo ( 23 starts, never placed). IE, a no-hoper.

Yes I read similar a few years ago. Might have said it placed last in every race and that gave rise to the saying "Bloody Drongo". Sounds great with an Aussie accent. Especially a Bogan one. :)