Vintage Obama delivers rousing final State of the Union address

webfact

Vintage Obama delivers rousing final State of the Union address

606x341_321084.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- US President Barack Obama has defended his record on climate change, the economy and healthcare and made an appeal for more consensus politics in the future, in his final State of the Union address.

He didn’t focus on gun control as was widely expected, but the threat of extremism and the fight against terrorism did feature.

“Priority number one is protecting the American people and going after terrorist networks. Both al Qaeda and now ISIL pose a direct threat to our people, because in today’s world, even a handful of terrorists who place no value on human life, including their own, can do a lot of damage. They use the Internet to poison the minds of individuals inside our country; they undermine and destabilise our allies.”

Obama also took a swipe at Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, condemning anti-Muslim rhetoric.

But this was one of Obama’s few remaining chances to talk to millions of Americans before November’s election and supporters described it as “vintage Obama”.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-13

-------------------------------------------

State of the Union 2016: full text

606x340_321086.jpg?1452665085

More here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/886231-state-of-the-union-2016-full-text/

Vintage failure. That, and the Republican response. The State of the Union speech and the collaboration given to it by Nikki Haley and the Republican establishment proves once and for all that they are the same people. They've just set up a system where they take turns looting the treasury and dismissing the voters. That is going to end. And that is why they are running scared of Trump. Time to clean out this nest of leeches once and for all. Only the Trump revolution will do this. Cruz is the establishment's Trojan horse. Elect him and he'll revert to establishment platitudes and corruption. Out with them all.

Vintage failure. That, and the Republican response. The State of the Union speech and the collaboration given to it by Nikki Haley and the Republican establishment proves once and for all that they are the same people. They've just set up a system where they take turns looting the treasury and dismissing the voters. That is going to end. And that is why they are running scared of Trump. Time to clean out this nest of leeches once and for all. Only the Trump revolution will do this. Cruz is the establishment's Trojan horse. Elect him and he'll revert to establishment platitudes and corruption. Out with them all.

"Trump revolution".

Oh you comedian you.

cheesy.gif

In the words of one US Senator who heard the President's speech: "You Lie!"

Many folks are debunking the President's remarks today...the most common word to describe the President..."delusional"...

He is an experienced orator....who never lets facts get in the way of his personal agenda...

Some say he was giving his resume for his next job...Leader of the UN...

One can only imagine the damage he could inflict on the world from that position...

Republicans hate, really hate Obama. He's tried to reach across the aisle, but Republicans are so far out there in Wingnuttia. The hate, the fear, the guns, Obamacare...it's sad.

He's black you know.

Republicans hate, really hate Obama. He's tried to reach across the aisle, but Republicans are so far out there in Wingnuttia. The hate, the fear, the guns, Obamacare...it's sad.

He's black you know.

Can you give an example of him trying to "reach across the aisle"? You have 7 years of history to comb over.

Here's a good starting point...

Obama’s “arrogance is described many times in the book as having a negative effect,” ...In one passage in the book, Rep. Eric Cantor presents a recovery draft that doesn’t meet the demands of Obama and Democrats. Obama responds, “I can go it alone but I want to come together. Look at the polls. The polls are pretty good for me right now. … Elections have consequences and Eric, I won.”

Excerpt from Bob Woodward’s book “The Price of Politics”

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/09/woodward-book-dishes-on-debt-war-080809

Are you joking? Any Trump revolution will see the country left in ruins and a pariah on the world stage. He has put together a coalition of the stupid, ignorant and racist. One would think that even with his racist and anti immigrant views because of his wealth that his tax plan would be something to run with but economists ran the numbers and adds an enormous amount of debt to the nation. Even the story of his business acumen is false. If he had taken the money he inherited from his father and just invested the money without doing anything, he would be in the same financial position as he is now.....

He's black you know.

Can you give an example of him trying to "reach across the aisle"? You have 7 years of history to comb over.

Here's a good starting point...

Obama’s “arrogance is described many times in the book as having a negative effect,” ...In one passage in the book, Rep. Eric Cantor presents a recovery draft that doesn’t meet the demands of Obama and Democrats. Obama responds, “I can go it alone but I want to come together. Look at the polls. The polls are pretty good for me right now. … Elections have consequences and Eric, I won.”

Excerpt from Bob Woodward’s book “The Price of Politics”

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/09/woodward-book-dishes-on-debt-war-080809

He's been reaching across the aisle for 6 out of the 7 years he has been in office. Example of Republican obstructionism is their own immigration plan. When Obama backed their own immigration plan when first elected, all of the Republicans who sponsored the bill went out and blasted the plan....

I thought his speech was quite splendid!

It really is so sad that American politics are so badly broken.

The most powerful country in the world is disabled because of ridiculous partisan politicians

How can this ever be fixed?

If ever there was a time for a real statesman to step forward it's now. ( and I don't mean that buffoon, Trump)

I think that Obama's 7 years were frankly disappointing. I was really uplifted and optimistic when he became POTUS. However, he failed to deliver in so many areas. Clearly intelligent and with the right ideas, were his failures due to the broken American political system?