The abandoned condo building at bali hai pier on google

Howitzer

16 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

"Numerous posts"  ?

I can post as many as I choose. This is a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion as long as they stick to the rules of the forum.

"Just ranting about the same things"

I never characterize anyone's post "ranting" but I can understand what angers you and I don't pay attention.

You have failed to come up with valid proof on your assertion on the building being "unsafe".

What constitutes unsafe?

"nothing new has been posted/revealed"

There is no new information because the whole thing is in stalemate.

But feel free to share if YOU have new information!

Have I stated that the building is unsafe? Why are you quoting me as having written it?

I'm concerned that you have taken leave of your senses.

You know that the whole thing is a shambles; car park, marina, promenade... so what is it that you expect to happen?

Do you expect that some bank will put up the financing for this shambolic project, after seeing it fail twice?

Why are you writing about it here on a daily basis?

What do you hope to achieve by posting here again and again? That suddenly someone riding a white horse will put up the money and make everything right again? 

Why not wait for new information?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

How would you know nothing new has been posted in the 10 pages without reading all??:giggle:

I did not state that I did not read them. I stated that no one else needs to peruse them, as nothing new is contained within.

5 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Have I stated that the building is unsafe? Why are you quoting me as having written it?

I'm concerned that you have taken leave of your senses.

You know that the whole thing is a shambles; car park, marina, promenade... so what is it that you expect to happen?

Do you expect that some bank will put up the financing for this shambolic project, after seeing it fail twice?

Why are you writing about it here on a daily basis?

What do you hope to achieve by posting here again and again? That suddenly someone riding a white horse will put up the money and make everything right again? 

Why not wait for new information?

if it makes you unhappy to read my post, the remedy is simple: Don't read it

If the project ever is completed (unlikely), a resident would have the daily prospect of thousands of tourists being dropped off and picked up outside the property and all the noise and pollutants that ensue. Throw in itinerant vendors of a wide range of products and services, just for good measure, and the place doesn't seem at all attractive.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

If the project ever is completed (unlikely), a resident would have the daily prospect of thousands of tourists being dropped off and picked up outside the property and all the noise and pollutants that ensue. Throw in itinerant vendors of a wide range of products and services, just for good measure, and the place doesn't seem at all attractive.

You are right. The place is bustling with buses, people and traffic.

However, same can be said for almost any part of the city, Beach road, Second rd, third rd and so on...The streets I mention turn into a "parking lot" because of the heavy traffic throughout the day.

Does that make Pattaya unattractive?

Edited by pattayadude

6 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

You are right. The place is bustling with buses, people and traffic.

However, same can be said for almost any part of the city, Beach road, Second rd, third rd and so on...The streets I mention turn into a "parking lot" because of the heavy traffic throughout the day.

Does that make Pattaya unattractive?

A lot of places, eg Centric Sea and the Base are at the end of a driveway and set back from the main roads. Same goes for my place in Naklua which is always nice and quiet. 

Holiday Inns, Amari and Dusit Thani are some examples of hotels set back from the main road.

35 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

if it makes you unhappy to read my post, the remedy is simple: Don't read it

I'm not unhappy. But you seem to be.

Otherwise why are you posting here continually, for apparently no good reason?

It seems that you want this thing built no matter what. Even if the project is no longer a viable proposition.

Perhaps you would like taxpayers to foot the bill..... as long as it is finished?

I'll ask again. Who do you expect to foot the bill?

4 hours ago, pattayadude said:

"Numerous posts"  ?

I can post as many as I choose. This is a forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion as long as they stick to the rules of the forum.

"Just ranting about the same things"

I never characterize anyone's post "ranting" but I can understand what angers you and I don't pay attention.

You have failed to come up with valid proof on your assertion on the building being "unsafe".

What constitutes unsafe?

"nothing new has been posted/revealed"

There is no new information because the whole thing is in stalemate.

But feel free to share if YOU have new information!

Obviously, without going in and having a very good look around, there's no empirical evidence to go on, but there's also a pretty good chance that after being exposed to the harsh tropical environment (high heat, harsh sunlight, high humidity, and rain) for 5 years that the building is not in pristine condition. An extensive cleanup would be required, not just a paint-over.  

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tropo said:

Obviously, without going in and having a very good look around, there's no empirical evidence to go on, but there's also a pretty good chance that after being exposed to the harsh tropical environment (high heat, harsh sunlight, high humidity, and rain) for 5 years that the building is not in pristine condition. An extensive cleanup would be required, not just a paint-over.  

I'll give you that. It would definitely need extensive work, particularly on top floors without windows/glass

10 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Otherwise why are you posting here continually, for apparently no good reason?

same rant!..boring.

Perhaps you would like taxpayers to foot the bill.

Assumption!

I'll ask again. Who do you expect to foot the bill?

You can not ask this line of questions once you use the adverb  "perhaps" (used to express uncertainty or possibility) in your previous statement based on an assumption.

That is a typical provocative troll question.

Please get your facts straight and rephrase it.

I'll be happy to answer.

10 hours ago, champers said:

A lot of places, eg Centric Sea and the Base are at the end of a driveway and set back from the main roads. Same goes for my place in Naklua which is always nice and quiet. 

Holiday Inns, Amari and Dusit Thani are some examples of hotels set back from the main road.

I was referring to Pattaya.However it does have some parts that are relatively quiet (around soi 2&beach rd) especially away from major malls. Traffic around bar streets i.e. soi 13,6,7,8 and near, walking st is a mess. 

Naklua is definitely quieter

11 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It seems that you want this thing built no matter what. Even if the project is no longer a viable proposition.

the Thai courts will decide if this project is "right" or "wrong"(without getting into fancy words or opening can of worms) .Period. End of story.

they will further decide whether it should be saved, partially(i.e.5-10 floors) or fully demolished(50 floors).

Whether I "want this thing built" or demolished ,you want it destroyed has no effect on the outcome.

BUT!

If the courts decide on "full demolition", guess who will foot the bill?

(sound of crickets)

People!

The project owners are already in bankruptcy and will be long gone once that decision is rendered by the judge.

The land has barely enough value to pay debtors and its legitimacy is also questionable anyway.

The government can't even clean the junk from the marina area for the last several years for not having enough budget. period! Do you think they can come up with a budget 100 times of the marina clean-up for this Waterfront demolition?

Are you then, as a Pattaya resident, willing to foot the bill along with the Thai citizens while wearing your "demolish waterfront" jersey?

(sound of crickets)

Edited by pattayadude

8 hours ago, pattayadude said:

the Thai courts will decide if this project is "right" or "wrong"(without getting into fancy words or opening can of worms) .Period. End of story.

they will further decide whether it should be saved, partially(i.e.5-10 floors) or fully demolished(50 floors).

Whether I "want this thing built" or demolished ,you want it destroyed has no effect on the outcome.

BUT!

(sound of crickets)

People!

The project owners are already in bankruptcy and will be long gone once that decision is rendered by the judge.

The land has barely enough value to pay debtors and its legitimacy is also questionable anyway.

The government can't even clean the junk from the marina area for the last several years for not having enough budget. period! Do you think they can come up with a budget 100 times of the marina clean-up for this Waterfront demolition?

Are you then, as a Pattaya resident, willing to foot the bill along with the Thai citizens while wearing your "demolish waterfront" jersey?

(sound of crickets)

I don't want it demolished. I want it to stay as a warning to any that would repeat the same mistake. It a warning hard to miss.

16 hours ago, tropo said:

There is a large building in current use near the north end of Beach Rd that was unfinished for probably a lot more than 5 years. As long as the rebar is not exposed, there should be no structural deficit.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is a large building in current use near the north end of Beach Rd that was unfinished for probably a lot more than 5 years. As long as the rebar is not exposed, there should be no structural deficit.

Concrete cancer is a problem even when rebar is not exposed and can destroy buildings. With no paint, the risk is far higher. If they do complete it, good luck to the buyers.

10 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I'll give you that. It would definitely need extensive work, particularly on top floors without windows/glass

That's the part that would worry me if I purchased there. How would you know they just didn't paint over algae, rust etc. They do that a lot here.

9 hours ago, pattayadude said:

BUT!

(sound of crickets)

People!

(sound of crickets)

Just curious, what do you think the cost of full demolition would be. Would they be allowed to implode it, or would they have to dismantle it?

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Just curious, what do you think the cost of full demolition would be. Would they be allowed to implode it, or would they have to dismantle it?

I think they should implode it and just walk away from the rubble so it blends in the rest of the chaos.

Now with the hotel being demolished next to it and the entire marina in shambles, this is one heck of a mess all the way to the lighthouse!

In fact, after this implosion, the whole area definitely  will resemble the Pearl Harbor after the Japanese air strike.

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2018 at 6:22 PM, digbeth said:

A lot of the 'ghost' building abandoned in Bangkok around 97-98 are now being completed now

On 6/13/2018 at 7:43 PM, tropo said:

I don't know about ghost buildings from 97 being completed

just because you don't know doesn't make digbeth's claim wrong.

If true, it arguably proves that some unfinished projects can be restarted even after 20 years of abandonment.

There's no way that building will ever be finished

seemingly true.

It was more complete than the Bali Hai Pier building when it was abandoned. 

false. there is no proof Bkk building was more complete. Bali Hai building AKA Waterfront had about 40 percent of window frames installed when halted whereas the Bkk one doesn't seem to  have any.

Furthermore, it will be a mistake to compare the two as the one in Bangkok has been abandoned a lot longer than the one in Pattaya.

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, pattayadude said:

I think they should implode it and just walk away from the rubble so it blends in the rest of the chaos.

Now with the hotel being demolished next to it and the entire marina in shambles, this is one heck of a mess all the way to the lighthouse!

In fact, after this implosion, the whole area definitely  will resemble the Pearl Harbor after the Japanese air strike.

That used to be a lovely walk along the walkway to the lighthouse for an evening dinner. Then they let the speedboats park there, and it was all downhill after that.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, digbeth said:

A lot of the 'ghost' building abandoned in Bangkok around 97-98 are now being completed now, some has been sitting there for whole decade even

some might not have that much exposed rebar but without maintainance water's gonna seeps into concrete with cracks, maybe they just render over the cracks 

All the ghost buildings, other than the one by the Chao Phrya, that I know of were demolished before new buildings were constructed in the same place

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That used to be a lovely walk along the walkway to the lighthouse for an evening dinner. Then they let the speedboats park there, and it was all downhill after that.

that cute restaurant/cafe next to the lighthouse gone too.

perfect sunset there!

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, tropo said:

Concrete cancer is a problem even when rebar is not exposed and can destroy buildings. With no paint, the risk is far higher. If they do complete it, good luck to the buyers.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but many in use concrete structures exist with unpainted surfaces and last a very long time. One example is concrete railway sleepers, which must take a lot of stress, and none are painted.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably because no one went there anymore due to the disastrous marina and other eyesores.

used to be my fav hangout during sunset. actually you couldnt see the "Pearl Harbor " unless you get up and turn around. 

Perfect isolation away from the mayhem and disorder:giggle:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

used to be my fav hangout during sunset. actually you couldnt see the "Pearl Harbor " unless you get up and turn around. 

Perfect isolation away from the mayhem and disorder:giggle:

True, but only those that knew about it went there. The people that would have gone for a walk and decided to eat there when they reached it, would no longer be going for a walk along that road because it was so unattractive, so no more casual customers.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True, but only those that knew about it went there. The people that would have gone for a walk and decided to eat there when they reached it, would no longer be going for a walk along that road because it was so unattractive, so no more casual customers.

i always used mbike to avoid being attacked by stray dogs when the area was infested with parked and rotting mafia boats