Hello All

My thai girlfriend and I are planning on getting

married after 3 years living together, I know this

information has probably been posted on here many

times before, but I need some advice.

What do I need, and where do I go and how long does all

this take??

I know that I need a letter from my embassy stating that I am single

and not married. How long does this take?

I thank you all for your advice.

Other than a mental checkup? (you set yourself up) :o

If you have ever been married you will need paperwork ending it and can not answer for "my embassy" as don't know what that is. At the US Consulate it would take about 30 minutes but then you must have it translated and registered with the MFA which will usually take a day or two. After you get it back you can go to a district office with finance to register your marriage but if not done at a major place you will probably have to have a Thai/English speaker to advise you on the paper, in Thai, that you must sign. If you can read Thai that would not be required and some offices have a person who can do this.

You need your passport and Embassy paper and money for paper/translation/fees.

After the deed is done you should go back to translation service to have marriage certificate translated into your language and again registered at MFA which provides international accepted legal document of marriage which you may need for visas/insurance/pension etc later. I would get at least two copies.

If you want to pay for the services of an agency you can have an all inclusive service and all done in ONE day.

Probably cost around 10,000 baht nowdays but if you dont want the hassle of running around then thats the way to go.

If you are interested PM me and I will send the phone no of the place we used. :o