Rumors that bar owners are getting in trouble for letting customers sit with laptop? Is it true?

ikebukuro5

2 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

Haha, I guess you haven't been in a bar lately...2/3 of the girls ignore the customers as they sit engrossed in their cellphones anyway.

That's their polite way of saying "don't pick me, please, please, don't pick me".  

The giveaway is how they perk up when a young studly walks through the door...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course he's WORKING in Thailand. Working is describing his actions while sitting in a bar in THAILAND. He can get done for WORKING, nothing to do with the content of his WORK. 

Is he working or just catching up on some emails.

If I was him, I would get a dongle and work elsewhere, he is drawing far too much attention to himself.

3 hours ago, autanic said:

Is he working or just catching up on some emails.

If I was him, I would get a dongle and work elsewhere, he is drawing far too much attention to himself.

If I were on my first month of a tourist trip to Thailand, I wouldn't think twice about catching up on my blog or work emails.

If I were on my 3rd tourist visa in a row and spent the majority of the past 3 years in Thailand as a tourist, I'd get the dongle.  Not because I've heard of a lot of digital nomads getting caught out.   (Anyone know different?  I don't mean rumors, know?)   But because things can change and I'd hate to be in the first batch of a new enforcement effort.