For The Dutch And Belgians Under Us

Dirk_brijs

Whilea German Frikandel is a plain sausage with some seasoning added to it that is cooked in a pan or BBQ.

Yeah sure, why are people getting involved if they don't know what they're talking about.

A german "frikadelle" or a belgium 'frikadel' look like a meat ball cooked in hot oil on or on a hot plate and is usually served with mayonaise or mustard (senf).

A dutch "Frikandel" looks like a sausage, but it isn't. A sausage has some kind of 'skin' from a pigs' gut. The brown frikandels' 'skin' is nothing more than the product which is discolored. The frikandel is usually served with mayonaise and/or curry sauce with onions. And that's where most people get confused: the curry SAUCE.

My favorite by the way is the "frikandel-speciaal": a frikandel with mayonaise, curry sauce and onions.

More and more deep frozen hamburgers, taste like frikandels, but now they can be consumed as a hamburger. The ingedrients are more or less similar, the shape is just different.

• 1 year later...

Belgium also has the Viandel. Anyhow I worked in a Dutch factory who makes the Frikandel, and you don't want to know where it's made from... :o

It's every residue left from the slaughter house: eyes, brains, unions, tong, penis everything... mixed together with added neutral flavour of the frikandel.

Good luck in eating them! ( Although they taste nice, if you'r dutch, you gotta love em )

Does any of you Dutch or Belgians here on the board know if a "Frikandel" is available anywhere??

For some Belgians better known as "Curryworst"???

Let me know as i am getting desperate for one lol.

Thanks

There's a small Dutch cafe in Jomtien called "Oranje" that serves them. Frikandel, Frikandel Speciaal, Bitterballen, Tomatensoep, Belegde Broodjes, and so on. All the standard Dutch goodies.

It's on the south side of Soi Thappraya, as you walk from Hanuman towards the beach. Not far from the Jomtien Number 1 restaurant. Very small and unobtrusive - easy to miss it.

Eet smakelijk! :o

The belgian restaurant Patrick has the frikandel speciaal on the menu. His restaurant is in the walking street on second road, opposite the parking of Mike department store.

Curry sauce can be made by yourself although the one they sell in Belgium is much better. I am still working on that curry sauce.

• 8 months later...

many years later I would like to bring this topic back to life as i still didnt find any??

Anyone must know and they mustbe here by now by the time even high speed internet entered into the paradise called Pattaya so I am sure the curryworst or frikandel must be here too.

I don't live in Pattaya but evertime when I visit the place I find plenty of places which sell Frikandelen en Kroketten. Patricks restaurant is one for example and in Jomtien along the beach road there are at least three or four Dutch places which serve them.

There is also a place called Double Dutch I believe which is located along Soi Welcome in Jomtien and they actually import Febo and Van Dobbe krokketen and frikandelen. They sell them by box of 24 I believe. You can call the owner, Peter, at 0846777014

Alternatively you can also buy them from Piet Kroket who makes them in Pattaya. Dont know his number but perhaps you can Google it.

many years later I would like to bring this topic back to life as i still didnt find any??

Anyone must know and they mustbe here by now by the time even high speed internet entered into the paradise called Pattaya so I am sure the curryworst or frikandel must be here too.

They have pointed you to at least 10 places in pattaya and jomtien that serves them and still you say you haven't found any.

Maybe just bored or so?

Nergens in Pattaya is er een degelijke frikandel te vinden!!

What i just said guys is that there is no place in Pattaya or Jomtien that serves a Frikandel like we know them in Holland.

What you get here is more a roll made of minced pork/beef and most of the time the are way to dry..

I have tried all the places but no one comes near a real original Dutch Frikandel!

I wrote in my previous post:

"There is also a place called Double Dutch I believe which is located along Soi Welcome in Jomtien and they actually import Febo and Van Dobben krokketen and frikandelen. They sell them by box of 24 I believe. You can call the owner, Peter, at 0846777014"

These are Dutch frikandelen and kroketten and they are imported by Peter regularly from Holland. (Van FEBO and Van Dobben) So its absolute rubbish to say that you can not get them in Jomtien. They do cost a bit more then the ones that are produced locally but its worth the extra money.

Edited by Jimbo

2 neighbouring restaurants along Jomtien beach road: "Tulip House" and the neighbour as I believe "Holland House" but I could be wrong with the second name. Going there though, you will have to put up with Dutch Schlager music in the back so that might be a little appetite destroyer ;-)

Patrick, the small Dutch thing a few houses away from Kiss restaurant, Benelux near soi Buakao market (Pattaya South Road end) and the Dolphin roundabout and Klein Vlaanderen may have them but anyway, if you would check it out at Patrick's, even if he has "frikandel" aka "curryworst" just go for his beefstew: an abundant portion of delicious stew.

Enjoy your meal

• 2 weeks later...
Also saw this on the menu at "My Way" Dutch restaurant on Soi Diana.
I'm from Belgium ,do you guys know what they put inside those things real narly stuff.

As in leftovers from the abbatoir,guts from cows,balls,even the horns are put in the meatgrinder yuk.

have a nice meal .

I wrote in my previous post:

"There is also a place called Double Dutch I believe which is located along Soi Welcome in Jomtien and they actually import Febo and Van Dobben krokketen and frikandelen. They sell them by box of 24 I believe. You can call the owner, Peter, at 0846777014"

These are Dutch frikandelen and kroketten and they are imported by Peter regularly from Holland. (Van FEBO and Van Dobben) So its absolute rubbish to say that you can not get them in Jomtien. They do cost a bit more then the ones that are produced locally but its worth the extra money.

He doesn't have them :)

• 3 months later...

so who has them now:

2 neighbouring restaurants along Jomtien beach road: "Tulip House" and the neighbour as I believe "Holland House" but I could be wrong with the second name. Going there though, you will have to put up with Dutch Schlager music (Frans Bauer, BZN, Jan Smit, ...) in the back so that might be a little appetite destroyer ;-)

Patrick, the small Dutch thing a few houses away from Kiss restaurant and the Dolphin roundabout (Eve's Planet I believe), Benelux near soi Buakao market (Pattaya South Road end) and Klein Vlaanderen may have them but anyway, if you would check it out at Patrick's, even if he has "frikandel" aka "curryworst" just go for his beefstew: an abundant portion of delicious stew.

Enjoy your meal