Poll: Man Spreading on baht buses -- scourge or plague?

Jingthing

67 members have voted

1. 1. Man Spreading on baht buses -- scourge or plague?

• Scourge
    • Plague
    • I don't use baht buses ... instead I'm killing the planet with my private vehicle

This poll is closed to new votes

I like to keep up on the global trends in micro and macro LEG aggressions and localize them to our glorious Pattaya baht buses.

So the topic today is MAN SPREADING.

post-37101-0-01813400-1453053466_thumb.j

Scourge or plague?

25 satang for your thoughts?

In case you've been living in a cave on the dark side and don't know what MAN SPREADING is:

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/23/366084646/mta-targets-man-spreading-and-other-subway-faux-pas

Men spreading is this, like, weird thing that men do where they start to spread their legs, and they can sometimes take up two or even three - if they're an exceptionally good man spreader, they can take up three seats.

post-37101-0-13193000-1453053743_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are standing near a male spreader taking up two seats,

What if it's a fat guy taking up two seats?

or worse, a fat sweaty guy taking up two seats and dripping on you?

post-233622-0-75840200-1453118001_thumb.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

So many planet killers here. Tsk tsk. cowboy.gif

The appropriate retaliation is to move as close to them as possible while standing. (The spread legs facilitate this.)

You then have the option of presenting them with a facefull of crotch, arse, or for the more demure, thigh.

Do not make eye contact or show the slightest disapproval because, like them, you are completely unaware of their existence or their personal space and totally lacking in empathy.

If they say anything about your "invasion", smile sweetly and explain nicely that:

A It's because there's no room on the bench.

or

B You thought they were trawling.

Edited by Enoon

Aw shucks.

The pub.

Pattaya baht bus man spreading goes PRIME TIME.

Who knew?

Well, anyway, got to adapt to the times, seeing as this MAN SPREADING topic has now gone NATIONAL ... feel welcome to share your 25 satangs on MAN SPREADING on all kinds of public transport, all over Thailand.

If you don't know, baht buses are what Songthaews are called in PATTAYA.

If visiting Pattaya, the fare is TEN baht.

Perhaps people would like to post PICTURES of cases of MAN SPREADING in Thailand?

If so, great, but could you please BLACK OUT THE FACES before posting?

Edited by Jingthing

518610142_c_570_411.jpg

The first picture in the thread makes the guy look moronic....

And ↑ this guy in the red really went all out to make himself look stupid = mission accomplished....40% show

& challenge/attitude 60% stupid.....

Why would a female want to spread her legs on a baht bus? whistling.gif

To relax?

The funny thing about the "outrage" over man spreading is that it doesn't seem to matter if there is really a space issue at the time, or not. A lot of people just want to dump on men as being pigs. Sure men ARE often pigs, women are often pigs as well in perhaps different ways, but it seems to me MAN SPREADING is only an issue if they are really cramping other people's space.

I don't mind if people spread out on public transport as long as they are AWARE of others who might want to share that space, and are quick to OPEN that space when things get more crowded.