Two Thai Pubs face 5-year closure orders after raids by Pattaya Officials

webfact

Two Thai Pubs face 5-year closure orders after raids by Pattaya Officials

raid-4.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung District Licensing Officers, in conjunction with Pattaya Police, conducted raids on two Thai Pubs in the early hours of Sunday, which were thought to be open late.

Over 20 officers conducted raids on the Check Inn Pub on Pattaya Third Road and the Makasan Pub located close-by. At 4.30am both venues were open and selling alcoholic beverages, in breach of their entertainment licenses.

At the Check Inn Pub, no patrons or staff under the age of 20 were found and all licenses appeared to be in order. Random drug tests on staff members were made and a female staff member failed the test and was later charged with class 1 drug consumption offenses.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220808/two-thai-pubs-face-5-year-closure-orders-after-raids-by-pattaya-officials/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-18

I hope something is done. I live nearby and I've complained several times to the Pattaya noise line about the Makasan Club. It doesn't even open until 11 pm and and 3am it is really jumping. Hard to sleep at that hour hearing that racket.

I hope something is done. I live nearby and I've complained several times to the Pattaya noise line about the Makasan Club. It doesn't even open until 11 pm and and 3am it is really jumping. Hard to sleep at that hour hearing that racket.

Which part of 3rd Road are they near?

Wow, the Thais are rigorously cleaning up Pattaya

What is happening is the military has the bib doing this as to interrupt their bribe income and to show them who is relay in charge..At this time the bib are still charging the pubs to look the other way but most of the late pubs have to pay even though they can not be sure they won;t be raided.This might be the reason that there are more traffic stops then normal, so as to supplement the bribe loss.Just my opinion.Not been a pattaya bar owner in a long time.

. What i don't understand is that people complain about sound being to loud or what ever complaints they have about bars why didnt you buy a condo or house or whatever in the countryside if you buy a house in most parts of pattaya you know there is going to be loud noice 24/7

. What i don't understand is that people complain about sound being to loud or what ever complaints they have about bars why didnt you buy a condo or house or whatever in the countryside if you buy a house in most parts of pattaya you know there is going to be loud noice 24/7

So very true of a hotel also.

I find myself now mostly at Soi 2 thru 4 Beach Road because it is much quieter there.

'Thought to be open late'???

They either were or they weren't.

What nonsense.

They were.

Before the raid the pubs were thought to be open too late so the police checked them. That's when they were able to confirm that they were open too late. Not difficult to understand and certainly not nonsense.

Wow, the Thais are rigorously cleaning up Pattaya

What is happening is the military has the bib doing this as to interrupt their bribe income and to show them who is relay in charge..At this time the bib are still charging the pubs to look the other way but most of the late pubs have to pay even though they can not be sure they won;t be raided.This might be the reason that there are more traffic stops then normal, so as to supplement the bribe loss.Just my opinion.Not been a pattaya bar owner in a long time.

Isnt Pattaya /Chonburi one of the few places where the Peace government haven't replaced the governor?

The local politicians in Pattaya tries to stay in power showing that themselves can "clean up" the place. I can see a huge difference since this started 18 month ago. (live at Beachroad /Soi Nine)

Its quite fun seeing all the cameras that have been put up. Every lamp pole along beach road 360/4 cameras. Hundrands and hundrads of new cameras. Most sabotaged.

I would suggest making complaints at the City Hall too. Fill out a complaint form and make it something they have to follow up. It'll take 10 minutes of your time.

It would be even better if you have some neighbours that could make complaints too.

Phoning a help line is just a waste of time. You need to make it personal and official.

I had no Thai speaker with me and had no problems making a complaint (of a different nature). With a Thai speaking companion it will be even easier. City Hall follows up all complaints of neighbours having problems with neighbours, which is exactly what your complaint is.

PM me if you want the name and numbers of a council officer who follows up such complaints.

Edited by tropo

They will be back open in two weeks.

The only way to combat this nuisance is to put a prohibition notice on the plot of land which will still be enforce if the tenancy is transferred or the land sold, at the same time all those involved will be banned from holding a licence for or running such an establishment.

That means Landlords will take action because their land could lose a lot of value, putting a banning order on so many people means the owners will soon run short of potential licencees.

I used to live in a small soi behind Suriya music (which wasn't there then, and has never given me a problem), on the Thepprasit/Sukhumwit T-junction. When i bought the house it WAS in the countryside. Thepprasit was a small road just about wide enough for two vehicles to meet and pass without one of them going onto the grass verge. South Pattaya road was jungle both sides most of the way down to Wat Chai. Pattaya grew and came to meet me - together with its noise, so I moved. I went to the countryside again, buying a plot of land 10km further south in the middle of nowhere in Huay Yai.

Guess what, Champ?? I don't live in the countryside anymore. The urban sprawl that is Greater-Pattaya has come to meet me again, and again I have to put up with people that think having boom-boom boxes going at stupid o'clock is not just a good idea, it's compulsory

Got any more bright ideas?