Water Rationing/Supply - How is Your Area

pgrahmm

Offshoot of a topic I started in the CM community....

It appears our Moo Baan is using a form of water rationing by shutting the supply down 7PM-7AM....Caught us by surprise → but makes sense given the shortage of supplies.....

It began an interesting thread....Some are routinely out for months at a time - getting filled by truck.....Others are watching the rivers and lakes dropping levels quickly.....While some others have sent pictures of full rice fields as the farmers are pumping ground water to flood their fields.....

How's your situation?

Beer stalkers need not post - you wouldn't know a glass of H2O if it waved at ya.....

We draw our water from the Village Water supply, however as you can expect this water is very dirty and we only use it for the garden. (This supply will not last another couple of months with no substantially rain fall)

For the House (shower, dishes etc) we use Well water and that is very good. We had it tested and the only problem was sediment, so we installed a sediment filter before it reaches the underground water tank (2000 Liters)

However I have heard stories that some wells in the area have run dry, if that is the case with ours we deal with it when it happens.

Edit: Water here by truck costs around 180 THB for 2000 Liters and usually have to wait 3-4 days before you can get a delivery

Edited by MJCM

In some parts Hua Hin there are always problems due to a lack of water as the province receives such little rainfall.

But this week we were told our communal pool is out of action due to a lack of water.

I dont want to think how bad it will be come April when it starts to get really hot.

What about when it's Songkran and they start with the water fights?

Plenty of water in Phetchabun,no problem.

There is masses of underground water being used for daily agriculture,growing everything still from sweet corn to tobacco which I believe needs plenty of water every day.

The towns water is fairly steady with no shut offs as of yet.

ever since ive been at our land (Pranburi countryside) feb march april may, water is off more than on, Ive been here 4 years now.........I drilled my own well (TWO) and dug and 8 metre deep 1600m2 lake

Good rain last night in Pranburi my lake is full but its very localised.

Good rain here to (Rural Buriram) and all my Rain Water Tanks (Concrete Ongs) were filled to the brim. Had a talk with the misses and will get more of them in and link them to store more rainwater.

post-156308-0-70240900-1430840684.jpg

Its has always amazed me how micro climates are so prevalent in Thailand. I know folks not to far away from where we live that regularly have supply issues and well issues, others never. We live right on the Mae Nam Wang river and(thankfully up to this point) water is not a problem at all. According to my FIL it has never been the case. With the Mae Nam Wang river never running dry the folks living near it are probably OK due to the water table.

From what I am reading PGrahmm, it is going to be a challenging year for many depending on location. The rationing tactic they appear to have used on you was routinely used years back when I was renting a house in Cha Am. They would shut off city water for a few days at a time. My wife asked the neighbors and they said the government was controlling water supply.

No problem with the supply in Chokchai.

But my pond is almost dry and the catfish are diggin in!

We did have a substantial thunder storm with a lot of rain yesterday and another a week ago,

but that's all for the past couple of months.

No problem with the supply in Chokchai.

But my pond is almost dry and the catfish are diggin in!

We did have a substantial thunder storm with a lot of rain yesterday and another a week ago,

but that's all for the past couple of months.

In our moobaan (near the Chok Chai hospital), our water volume ("government water") is not so good...but it has been that way for a while.

We are the last house on a dead-end soi, all rain water drains past our place. I hear water running in the drain all the time; I believe there is a water line cracked somewhere "upstream".

I need to do a bit of investigating and try to localize the break...then see if I can get the "government" out here to fix it....yeah, I know...good luck with that.

Plenty of water here in Petchabun.......not withstanding the wife left the garden tap on all night on account of her vegetable patch. She's dreading the water bill as that's one of hers.

Apart from that , lots of people around here pump their water up from wells so not worried about water shortages yet.

In some parts Hua Hin there are always problems due to a lack of water as the province receives such little rainfall.

But this week we were told our communal pool is out of action due to a lack of water.

I dont want to think how bad it will be come April when it starts to get really hot.

What about when it's Songkran and they start with the water fights?

I hope the authorities, up to and including HRH Rama IX, ask people to curtail the water wastage associated with Songkran, in light of the ongoing drought.

Will that happen? Who knows...

All seems ok in Korat city....but we have a pump and tank with city water, and well water, i went to check on my other house a few days ago, and the well water has more pressure now than ever. Because most have switched to city water, and cannot use the well water, but now the city water is weak.....shh, maybe because i water my grass twice a day.

Good rain here to (Rural Buriram) and all my Rain Water Tanks (Concrete Ongs) were filled to the brim. Had a talk with the misses and will get more of them in and link them to store more rainwater.

I have 20 ongs cross connected and 7 more free standers that the fire truck tops up and I then pump to the main ongs.

post-5614-0-58877600-1453533870_thumb.jp

For drinking water I have 2 x 3,000 litre storage tanks which are rainfed from the roof at the right time in the rainy season.

post-5614-0-08927000-1453533885_thumb.jp

I have 20 ongs cross connected and 7 more free standers that the fire truck tops up and I then pump to the main ongs.

Normal water storage_resize.JPG

For drinking water I have 2 x 3,000 litre storage tanks which are rainfed from the roof at the right time in the rainy season.

Fresh water storage_resize.JPG

Nicely thought out.....

How do you separate the pollutants from the roof rainwater?

Are you running 2 water feeds to your house → potable & then for secondary usage water?

Normal water storage_resize.JPG

Fresh water storage_resize.JPG

Nicely thought out.....

How do you separate the pollutants from the roof rainwater?

Are you running 2 water feeds to your house → potable & then for secondary usage water?

The only water feed to the house is the one from the ongs. I supplies water for the toilets, showers, sinks and the washing machine.

The drinking water, for the kettle and for the water cooler I collect in 2 litre used milk bottles, 12 at a time, and the water cooler I take the 20 litre bottle and refill it from the fresh water tanks.

Before I refill the fresh water tanks I clean the gutters and let the rain fall for 4 or 5 days or even a week before I open the filler for the tanks to top them up.

I only use the rain water for drinking or boiling to make tea or coffee.

The tanks have served us well for the last 12 years.

I normally cross feed from one tank to the other to clean tank #1 then pump all the water into tank #1 and clean tank #2. I then connect a hose between the 2 tanks to balance them out before topping them up in the first wet season in May/June and again in October.