Thai court rules British activist Andy Hall to face criminal defamation charges

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people capable of changing Thailand's corruption, nepotism and discrimination are the Thai's. Until they decide to do so I don't think anything is going to change except for more good-hearted change-mongering farangs in jail.

Edited by sz1a

Victims in Thailand can only be foreigners, no matter from which country as long the Thai's are "clean washed".....and sure the courts in Thailand are THE ONE WHO HAVE JUSTICE IN THEIR HANDS. So stay away from anything that might be justice in this country!

Immoral. End of. Andy Hall is a true gentleman & I vrry much suspect this particular justice system will hang him out to dry sooner rather than later.

This despicable company clearly knows that if you throw enough 5hi7, some sticks.

If they have a PR guy he must having a mental breakdown right now.

Andy Hall has only tried to help other people and look what it got him.

Shame on the Thai's and the Fruit company.

There are many that should be on trial for Human Rights offences, splashed all over the media yesterday 5 cambodians dead on fishing trawler due to vitamin deficancy (starvation) malnutrition.

Happens quite reguarly and nothing done.

Human trafficking, abused migrant labour, mafia murdering tourists, boy what a show they are putting on ,and now prosecute a Human rights activist.

What is the deal with the UK ? They simply seem to never stand behind

their citizens . If this was an American being railroaded like this, the tune

would be played out differently....

Still think this story will be picked up on world wide media and backfire

big time on Thailand. The old days of using defamation charges to screw

people over worked great on Thai people, causing great fear. But this is

NOT going to play out so well on the world stage. These government loonies

better pray that Anonymous does not sink its teeth into this story....

I wonder if any of those on Constitution drafting panel have considered that concept of "double jeopardy"? In filthy West, if found "not guilty", that's it, game over, better luck next time Mr. Prosecutor.

This is true. Otherwise cases will go on forever. Courts are overloaded with cases as it is.

Natural Fruit, registered 9th February 2000, 104 million funds, address 179/12

Moo 11 Tambon Nong Dar Dem, Ampur Pranburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan ProvinceNai Wirat.

Older brother of Chalermchai Sri-on (General Secretary of Democract Party) 65.3%,

(Wirat is head of various business organisations, including apparenyl Pineapple

Association of Thailand) Ms Nujiri, elder sister of Chalermchai 10.5%, Mr. Chekhapha

(relationship not stated) 9.6%, Nai Wichai Sri-on, older brother of Chalermchai 4.3%

So its a family affair, it seems.

rolleyes.gif

I hope he has another excellent defense team......he did ok last time to be freed, but this company will persue him to the very end it seems....and they probably have the backing of the government given the influential family at the core of this.

I firstly read about Andy Hall on the Andrew Drummond website. We know Andrew has left Thailand and its time for Andy to leave because a free media no longer exists by direction of the good General.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is sad to see this being continued.

But to that end, why are so many blaming the government for what is happening?

Charges have been made, rightly or wrongly, and the court has seen there to be a case to be answered. The disgust should be directed at the company making the allegations and not at the courts for doing their jobs IMO.

"But Natural Fruit, the company at the heart of the dispute, has filed a string of its own criminal and civil cases against Mr Hall....."

One of the big problems with getting civilized is that there will no longer be anything like true justice in this world as we are bound by the rules of laws.......................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

Most companies (outside of Thailand) in the real world would hastily try to "rectify and reassure" in the instance of an exposed negative situation. The follow up procedure would be to try and play down the negative exposure and bury it as soon as possible, keeping it away from the publics thoughts.

Ohhh no, not in Thailand they don't! Keeping the fruit thing going for years will do much more harm to the company than the initial exposure ever did. And they are doing it all by themselves, idiots!

Good luck to the straight speaking Mr Hall, he needs all the luck he can get.

How do we boycott this company? What do they sell? No more buying fruit on the street?

Most of the converted into Fresh juice, cut pineapples, and jam into various brands. Most of them exported outside Thailand.

If you don't like any of the above, only choice for you is to buy freshly cut pineapples on streets for Baht.20, it is cut by local Thai on his/her free will. biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Or find a girl friend in Chonburi who own pineapple orchards. She will feed you for free, of course you are forced to eat her watermelons(or mango's depends on the size) too! giggle.gifgiggle.gifwai2.gifwai.gif

Very glad I decided to leave this country: corrupted, rotten to the core.

I feel for Andy and fo who is trying to make this country a better one, but has to face the Powers outrage.

Sorry also for the poor souls who will not have a choice and must stay here.