Serious problem that needs addressed in Pattaya

smedly

How could you know the Taxi drivers were drunk? Did you do a breathalyzer test? If they were indeed all intoxicated...you are lucky you did not get your butt kicked... This is Thailand and more particular Pattaya Thailand...where illegal activity and prostitution are given a pass by authorities as long as they pay their taxes under the table...

Carry a mobile breath test kit , get you driver to blow so you know his sober. But you will probably be killed anyway by one off the thousands of other drunk drivers in Pattaya anyway. Good luck

The way Thai drivers drive, it's still a death wish imho.

Oh the joys of living in pattaya where's that sense of adventure gone, many motorbikes taxis out there not all drunk drivers.

Sense of adventure or death wish? :0

Nearly 9 years now and have used both bike and baht bus ok some can be a little white knuckle ride but where else could you get that sort of exhilaration for 20 baht lmao.

" . . . what is the point in me going out not drinking and driving when the people that are going to provide me with a taxi home are drunker than me ???? . . . "

So you won't be held responsible for any accident or fatality?

Also in case of an unfortunate accident you won't be alone in hospital smile.png

" . . . what is the point in me going out not drinking and driving when the people that are going to provide me with a taxi home are drunker than me ???? . . . "

Also in case of an unfortunate accident you won't be alone in hospital smile.png

Misery enjoys company.

I have to stress that not all MB taxi drivers are drinking on the job, I know quite a few that are beyond reproach and very reliable, this particular experience happen North of Pattaya Klang on 2nd road and it wasn't just 1 or 2 of them it was every one of them that I came across stretching from soi 2 to soi 6, I walked that far that I ended up just walking home, this was around 1am. Pattaya is dangerous on the roads in the early hours as there are so many drunks driving cars, I am not willing to let a drunk MB taxi driver drive me home any time never mind the time of day.

Just thought I would mention, the cardinal rule of many motorcycle riders is; never get on the back of another motorcycle.

Just for interests sake,how much does a Thai policeman earn ? Many people say they are corrupt cause they earn so little....BTW they chose that job and knew what their salary would be. So no excuse for being corrupt !

For the first few years they have to save up, to pay off the loan for the money they bought the job with in the first place !

I once did see that a motor taxi driver who stopped on the road side near Nirun Condo to pie did fall with his motorbike. I helped him to stand and realized that he was either to drunk or used drugs.

I guess both motor taxi and baht taxi drivers should be checked regularly both breath test and blood test to avoid accidents.

Just for interests sake,how much does a Thai policeman earn ? Many people say they are corrupt cause they earn so little....BTW they chose that job and knew what their salary would be. So no excuse for being corrupt !

I have a friend who works for Thai police. She has been there 7 years and makes 24,000 b a month.

Corruption is easy to get involved in. Especially when it is accepted, easy, and no one challenges it.

But, you are thinking like a westerner.

When were you ever alone in a hospital? I would have expected a better response, like you also would not feel guilty for having hurt or killed someone.

When were you ever alone in a hospital? I would have expected a better response, like you also would not feel guilty for having hurt or killed someone.

(If you took my answer seriously I'm sorry because of course it was notwai.gif )

Maybe I should have said you wont be alone in the ambulance, then for the hospital, with little luck you'll have a pal in the person of the taxi driver.

"When were you ever alone in a hospital?"

Surrounded by utter strangers but psychologically alone, yes in many hospitals even more in a foreign country ! sad.png

"I would have expected a better response, like you also would not feel guilty for having hurt or killed someone."

I understand but as a positive minded person I have not imagine this accident with any one hurt (excepted OP and the taxi driver whistling.gif )

From the OP at post #6 "I have to stress that not all MB taxi drivers are drinking on the job, I know quite a few that are beyond reproach and very reliable..."

Get their phone numbers and call them when you need a ride. Give a decent tip and tell them why you don't use the others.

Thought this thread was going to be about all the illegal prostitutes in Pattaya cluttering up this famous family resort.

Ah well.......I'm sure it will be on the government agenda as soon as they get done with cleaning up Bangkok.

(If you took my answer seriously I'm sorry because of course it was notwai.gif )

Maybe I should have said you wont be alone in the ambulance, then for the hospital, with little luck you'll have a pal in the person of the taxi driver.

Surrounded by utter strangers but psychologically alone, yes in many hospitals even more in a foreign country ! sad.png

"I would have expected a better response, like you also would not feel guilty for having hurt or killed someone."

I understand but as a positive minded person I have not imagine this accident with any one hurt (excepted OP and the taxi driver whistling.gif )

Accidents frequently injure driver, passenger, pedestrians, driver and passengers of other cars or trucks, motorbike riders and passengers, etc., or didn't you know that?

Psychologically alone, okay. However, I cannot see how avoiding the existence of a potential ramification is positive thinking

Archived