Norwegian Fisherman assaulted and robbed in South Pattaya, 2 arrested

webfact

Nice looking couple. ha ha.

I m glad I stayed at Jomtien near Soi 5 as it was quieter and the Norway people I met

were older and retired and only drank beer, wine and spirits and partied

until 3AM. I found that Pattaya is just too wild for me to stay at for more than a

day trip. I still like staying at Hua Hin for a couple weeks as I feel safer both

day or night. Just my opinion of course as I don't go as crazy any more.'Stargeezer

Partied to 3am,you devil you.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a model Norwegian citizen to me...

So your actually judging him by the way he looks?
Yes.
It just shows how shallow you are as a person, very sad

The fact that over a hundred posts are in agreement says more about you, I think ?

It actually shows more about many of the people who post on here, you included!

Nobody forces you to come on here.

Guess mick1827 is covered in a few tatts...if so...I guess that's his choice....like the Norwegian lads body cover was his choice.

But seriously, how do you think people will react ? Ok ok so David Beckham has them, and he is not exactly known as a sharp individual......... How many doctors or lawyers or scientists or actually anybody with an upper university degree sport tatts ?

Not many....Justin Beiber has them....says it all.....I don't think Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawkings has any.....

And I understand that for many now it is a ' fashion '......fashions come and fashions go....like Pamela Stephens and her barbed wire arm....The tattoo lobby can have them all to themselves ....

there are loads with a uni degree that you don't know them is probably because they don'r want to mix with someone who is a big pretender

It really shows that putting tattos on your body and carrying a knife does NOT make you Superman and invincible.

I think this guy has Oedipus complex, it is rare to see a negative age difference between Farang and Local girlfriend

The reason for it being so rare is there are not many women working in gogo and beer bars who are over 70 years old.

coffee1.gif In the US, if I met this character showing '13' with lots of tats, I would assume: he really likes marijuana (M is 13th letter of alphabet) or more ominously he is a very mean gang member whose ranks have about 100,000 members internationally. I think he is a weenie jerk, just sayin'.

BTW: Did immigration see the tats upon entry? He is not a fisher-man, he is a garbage-man.bah.gif

There is that, but the 13 could also mean his real street name is Matilda or Mary......................wink.png

Just never know over here.....................tongue.png

A few slightly different versions in print, but the common denominator seems that the twenty year old Norwegian, pulled a weapon and was threatening people ( wife/ bouncers) with it

In the end, after being subdued, he found he had lost his bling , which may have simply been ripped off and lost during the "fight" and picked up by a passing third party

Sounds like he has seen some natural justice to me... Another falang acting up in a foreigne land... He should hope that this is the end of it, rather than pursue the situation, as he was seen as the armed aggressor by witnesses.... And it could get much worse for him, than it already is... I certainly doubt it will get better... The bling is gone, gone gone.

Besides, 20 k baht worth of bling around your neck, would make anyone a target in a seedy area... Perhaps he figured his tatts on display, covered only by a " wife beater" shirt (Australian term), would make people think him tough enough not to #uck with.

Young and dumb and filled in.... I would say, act your age... But it seems he did

But... There may well be a different side to that reported, after all, the news organizations aren't really that reliable, in Thailand, though in this case, I think they may be right

1) The guy raised his voice at his Thai wife = loss of face.

2) Raised his voice at a Thai baht bus driver and demanded a fair price upfront = loss of face.

3) Scared 2 Thai security guards making them run away = loss of face.

There was only going to be one outcome!!!

1) he pulled a knife on a woman

2) he was hitting the bus

3) he was shouting at the driver

he is a lunatic

Allegedly.

Only one side of the story so far.

nope, he admitted pulling the knife to defend himself against is wife

Re read the article and links

He admitted to pulling the knife to scare her and stop her fighting with him

So... That equates to a threat with a deadly weapon.... He should be reconsidering his story... Like having ordered half a dozen oysters and needed to shuck them, hence the knife

I seem to remember a case in Melbourne, were the cops shot a knife wielding lunatic.

Edited by farcanell

Nice couple wink.png

(is she genuine, whats your take?)

Looking forward to see more of these quality tourists in a week staying near Soi Buakhao blink.png

genuine gargirl.

why do all these pattaya victims look so low- sosiety. so many hoodlums, not 1 respecting looking busnesman like.

so because he has tattoos he's a hoodlum and low society?

yes. how manay billionaires you see with tattoos.

I find it amazing that a photograph of somebody with tattoos detracts so far from the main story of alleged robbery and assault by bouncers.

This kind of story normally has cries of foul, because all Thais are the same, regardless to what the foreigner has done before the attack/restraint.

Tattoos and older wife have subdued the haters here, well done.............................thumbsup.gif

The fact is, if the guy was well dressed and his missus a stunner, this would be a completely different thread.

I find it amazing that a photograph of somebody with tattoos detracts so far from the main story of alleged robbery and assault by bouncers.

This kind of story normally has cries of foul, because all Thais are the same, regardless to what the foreigner has done before the attack/restraint.

Tattoos and older wife have subdued the haters here, well done.............................thumbsup.gif

The fact is, if the guy was well dressed and his missus a stunner, this would be a completely different thread.

It doesn't particularly matter what he was wearing.

You forgot to mention the knife he was carrying ?

You forgot to mention the knife he was carrying ?[/quote}

Exactly!

It matters not about the tatts or attire, what does matter is attitude... Pulling a knife and threatening people amounts to assault with a deadly weapon.

I know this chick. VERY well... I can tell you that I fully understand him pulling a knife on this chick.
I've known this gal for a couple of years, I've only met her current BF once and he seemed like a pretty nice guy so I think you shouldn't judge the book by its cover.
There is more of this story than you all think you know.

When I was close to this girl few years back she had quite a some guys from time to time supporting her and sometimes if lucky me with money, When her "ATM.s" were around we keept low profile to each other, after they gone back to work we continued our "Gik" relationship.
They must have had the longest relationship together that I am aware of, kudos to Stian for keeping up with her so long.
As I know this girl "isnt flirty, I am just friendly" maybe Stian got enough and he wanted to go back home and talk to her alone.
To much <deleted> people being to nosy and he got into bad mood.
One thing led to another...

Dont tell me that similiar things havent happened to you...:P

I know this chick. VERY well... I can tell you that I fully understand him pulling a knife on this chick.

I've known this gal for a couple of years, I've only met her current BF once and he seemed like a pretty nice guy so I think you shouldn't judge the book by its cover.

When I was close to this girl few years back she had quite a some guys from time to time supporting her and sometimes if lucky me with money, When her "ATM.s" were around we keept low profile to each other, after they gone back to work we continued our "Gik" relationship.

They must have had the longest relationship together that I am aware of, kudos to Stian for keeping up with her so long.

As I know this girl "isnt flirty, I am just friendly" maybe Stian got enough and he wanted to go back home and talk to her alone.

I am sorry, I don't get it ?

How can you FULLY UNDERSTAND him pulling a knife, a deadly weapon, on anyone, never mind the slapper in the picture ?

Nice couple wink.png

(is she genuine, whats your take?)

Looking forward to see more of these quality tourists in a week staying near Soi Buakhao blink.png

genuine gargirl.

why do all these pattaya victims look so low- sosiety. so many hoodlums, not 1 respecting looking busnesman like.

so because he has tattoos he's a hoodlum and low society?

yes. how manay billionaires you see with tattoos.
not billionairs but doing well in live:

http://m.livingly.com/50+Celebrity+Tattoos

here some historical people

http://m.mic.com/articles/78927/14-historical-figures-you-probably-didn-t-know-had-tattoos#.UB3Cr26NP

politicians

http://www.mademan.com/mm/5-famous-politicians-tattoos.html

royals

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=fg748u35d53u5td4ucucn9gki7&topic=6008.msg152848#msg152848

i NEVER pulled a knife to 'scare' a woman

His wife is a female ,not a katoey, as some posters suggested.

Not that its going to do him any good. I showed the TVF pic to a few women here this morning at my place.

They immediately pointed to her gold chain and tattoos. .....' she no good, take farangs money , maybe she have 2 or 3 farang boyfriends., Norway husband ., he dont know'.

They never do.

God almighty,now we have Thai women profiling from a photo and they have a crystal ball as well.

IMHO the wife looked suspiciously like a bar town katoey so i asked some women here what they thought. I believe them.

As for a crystal ball ? who needs one ? Take alook at the pair of sorry looking sods. TAT policy of attracting quality tourists to Thailand isnt working.

Every farang ive known who lived in Pattaya has either left or visits on occassions.

Actually i didn't:

"regardless to what the foreigner has done before the attack/restraint"

Actually i didn't:

That's one hell of a way to downplay assault with a deadly weapon...., he is not the victim here.

Actually i didn't:

That's one hell of a way to downplay assault with a deadly weapon...., he is not the victim here.

Until proven otherwise, according to the OP, yes he is. The two bouncers have been arrested. Certainly not saying its right, here is the full story from the OP link:

A 20-year-old Norwegian Fisherman was assaulted and allegedly robbed of valuables during an altercation involving his Thai Wife in South Pattaya, which saw the arrest of two Security Guards from a Thai Pub who claim the so-called victim was armed and preparing to stab the guards who assaulted the Norwegian in “self-defense”.
The case began as Mr. Stian Vebenstad and his wife, Khun Naphatsawan aged 28, were seen fighting at the Manchester Beer Bar located at Action Street in Soi Buakhao, early on Tuesday Morning. Mr. Vebenstad was seen to be armed with a knife which he later claimed he produced to scare his wife and stop her fighting with him.
As the feuding couple jumped on a Baht Bus, Mr. Vebenstad was seen by the Guards at the Pub, to hit the Baht Bus hard and the Norwegian was seen shouting at the driver who was asked to confirm the price of their trip. At this point the guards approached and angry words were exchanged. He was still carrying his knife and allegedly chased the guards away who were afraid they were going to be stabbed.
Other Thai men became involved and eventually Mr. Vebenstad was overpowered and allegedly assaulted. He also claims to have lost a 20,000 Baht Gold Necklace in the fracas.
Police arrested the guards who work at the Sophoshor Pub, Khun Garait and Khun Badinyar, but are still unsure which side is telling the truth so will examine CCTV in the area and speak with other witnesses before they proceed with their criminal investigation.
Again, not saying its right. You have managed to deviate slightly from my original post and the observations i made.............................wink.png

Dont tell me that similiar things havent happened to you...tongue.png

i NEVER pulled a knife to 'scare' a woman

Maybe he means a woman pulling a knife to scare a guy.

Now, that is likely to be far more common. Not that I am speaking from experiencewhistling.gif