Koh Yao Noi locals return missing smartphones

snoop1130

Koh Yao Noi locals return missing smartphones
Kongleaphy Keam

post-249866-0-80613100-1453202002_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Honest Koh Yao locals were prompt in returning two smartphones lost by tourists on Koh Yao Noi last week.

“In Koh Yao Noi, we are all segments of our society – police, locals, tour operators and hotel operators cooperate to take care of tourists and each other,” said Koh Yao Police Superintendent Jirasak Lamsak.

The first phone was recovered and returned shortly after Australian national Luke Vial, reported it missing on Thursday.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Koh-Yao-Noi-locals-return-missing-smartphones/62920?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-19

Fictional Phuket newsfeed

Day 1: Tuk-tuk drivers beat a tourist in Bangla

Day 2: Tuk-tuk driver returns 50.000 baht to a tourist

Day 3: Taxi driver sets a customer on fire

Day 4: Taxi driver returns tourists valuables

Day 5: Climbing in Koh Yao Noi is banned by officials

Day 6: Koh Yao Noi residents return missing smartphones to tourists

There are times when I feel that I see patterns, where there naturally are none..

Edited by Guest

"The first phone was recovered and returned shortly after Australian national Luke Vial, reported it missing

on Thursday."

“It was found the next day on Baan Sai Pa Khao Road by a local man named Anuchat Srisomut, who reported it to us immediately,” Col Jirasak said.

Let me get this right, the phone was “found” on Baan Sai Pa Khao Road, which is in Mai Hong Son Province, 1712K away? blink.png

The second complaint was filed by an American, who police only identified as ‘Kevin’."

“His phone was found by a local teenager,” said Col Jirasak.

Found?

whistling.gif

"Col Jirasak insisted that the two incidents demonstrated the honesty and kindness of the people found on

Koh Yao Noi."

Not buying it. Sounds like a local attitude adjustment to me...

Edited by iReason

I've been to Ko Yao Noi and I believe it. We rented a motorbike and like the locals left it parked outside the guesthouse with the keys in the ignition. It sounds crazy but when we saw the locals do it and when we were assured by the guesthouse staff that it would be ok we did it too. The island is very quiet, very local and in my opinion, very safe. I believe the story and think anyone who has ever been there will too. The place is light years away from Phuket.

I've been to Ko Yao Noi and I believe it. We rented a motorbike and like the locals left it parked outside the guesthouse with the keys in the ignition. It sounds crazy but when we saw the locals do it and when we were assured by the guesthouse staff that it would be ok we did it too. The island is very quiet, very local and in my opinion, very safe. I believe the story and think anyone who has ever been there will too. The place is light years away from Phuket.

Same on Ko Yao Yai - you hardly see a soul on the few minr roads.A different world from the populated parts of Phuket.

Fictional Phuket newsfeed

Day 1: Tuk-tuk drivers beat a tourist in Bangla

Day 2: Tuk-tuk driver returns 50.000 baht to a tourist

Day 3: Taxi driver sets a customer on fire

Day 4: Taxi driver returns tourists valuables

Day 5: Climbing in Koh Yao Noi is banned by officials

Day 6: Koh Yao Noi residents return missing smartphones to tourists

There are times when I feel that I see patterns, where there naturally are none..

Yup, it's getting a little bit predictable smile.png

There was a story on Bangkok Post how Phi Phi officials returned a wallet with 100.000 baht to a tourist.

I had to check what has happened there lately. Searching 'Phi Phi' on ThaiVisa gave a fast answer.

http://news.thaivisa.com/phuket/illegal-gibbon-touts-spotted-on-phi-phi-again-video/127828/

Edit: That's actually too old to be referred as reaction. Nevertheless, these heroic news stories tend to pop up after reports of problems in the paradise.

We have a lot of good people here, but it's not their duty to clear up the name of the wrongdoings what the bad folks do.

Edited by Guest

His phone was found by a local teenager,” said Col Jirasak.

A teenager returned the mobile phone? In your dreams! I can only assume that it was version 1.3 and all the other teens had version 1.4 already :)

(Tongue in cheek - there are many honest teens out there)