Sourdough bread... where's the good stuff?

NanLaew

As others have mentioned, Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang make a few excellent sourdough bread offerings. I think the sourdough round and the sourdough long are the same. The sourdough round stays better as I have noticed that the crust of the loaf gets a little hard. If you are lucky, they will have hot loafs right out of the oven that you can buy. And they will cut them in the machine. I find the clerks at that location to be very kind, quick, and helpful. This is difficult to find in Pattaya.

19 hours ago, soistalker said:

As others have mentioned, Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang make a few excellent sourdough bread offerings. I think the sourdough round and the sourdough long are the same. The sourdough round stays better as I have noticed that the crust of the loaf gets a little hard. If you are lucky, they will have hot loafs right out of the oven that you can buy. And they will cut them in the machine. I find the clerks at that location to be very kind, quick, and helpful. This is difficult to find in Pattaya.

I have noticed that a pre-sliced Big C sourdough round stays fresher longer than buying the round and slicing it myself.

Edited by NanLaew

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, George1956 said:

The 'one and only' sourdough pizza in Thailand is available at Sergio's Pizza Factory at the Avenue Pattaya, Second Rd., Pattaya Central. It just tastes better and is healthier for you.

Good find there, on my to do list.

2 hours ago, George1956 said:

The 'one and only' sourdough pizza in Thailand is available at Sergio's Pizza Factory at the Avenue Pattaya, Second Rd., Pattaya Central. It just tastes better and is healthier for you.

Do you have a link for those health benefits ?

On 7/12/2017 at 8:51 AM, Mason45 said:

Thais who produce food just can't understand that some people have allergies and eating disorders. I've had really good sourdough bread from Festival Supermarket and other outlets at times and when I've returned to these places I've found the sourdough bread loaded up with sugar. After a few slices I thought my head was going to explode. I've tried many places over several years and I given up. Thais never stick to procedures as they have their own take on everything.

Make your own,

Bread machines on Lazada from 2,000bht, costs 10bht to make a 500gm loaf.