The best steaks in Thailand?

PassionDelivery

The best steaks in Thailand?

Many of our customers who buy our premium aged beef say that for quality and price it is the best beef in Thailand.

Here are some reviews of our dry aged tenderloin (see attached screenshot):

Prices are as follows:

900g Tomahawk. 980 THB.

200g Tenderloin. 350 THB.

300g Ribeye. 355 THB.

300g Striploin. 345 THB.

What makes it so delicious?

Our carefully selected Holstein cattle are hung in a strictly controlled environment and left untouched for 35 days. This results in tender meat which has an amazing flavour

We welcome you to try it for yourself, simply order here (scroll down to the 6th row).

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat.

Nationwide delivery available.

Stop overpaying at supermarkets and enjoy these amazing steaks at an unbeatable price!

Brought to you by PassionDelivery - Thailand's most popular food and drink delivery service.

Over 500 products at www.passiondelivery.com

post-244103-0-97209200-1453269081_thumb.

post-244103-0-40994400-1453269085_thumb.

post-244103-0-26429500-1453269088_thumb.

post-244103-0-81809900-1453269091_thumb.

post-244103-0-96493100-1453269095_thumb.

post-244103-0-38417500-1453269099_thumb.

post-244103-0-02903700-1453269103_thumb.

post-244103-0-33528600-1453269105_thumb.

post-244103-0-73385400-1453269108_thumb.

while the 2 different steaks(striploin and rib eye) I bought from you were tasty they also had a lot of fat and sinew through them. For the price I paid it was disappointing and it may well only be some that are like this but all the meat should be of high quality and trimmed of the excess fat and sinew. Just using the feedback that praises it and not the ones that raised concerns also doesnt help, honesty is important when you run a business, while these buyers got good meat there are several that didnt. You want good custom then you need to ensure that the butchers trim it correcty and dont let the not so good bits to be put into the orders, if the quality is kept high you will get repeat purchases but after what I bought for christmas I will not buy again due entirely to the quality of the meat(this includes the pochetta). It is hard to find good steak but even Makro sells some cuts that are the same quality if not better then what you sent me, improvement is needed

I was very impressed with the quality of the meat. I purchased the tomahawk steak and rib eye among other items through the passionbox.

Most cuts of meat do have a small fat lining, but personally I think it adds flavor when frying the steak. Part of a good steak is the way they are cooked, so I can imagine that the end result differs for everyone.

Just to comment on a previous reply, I find it a far stretch to make a comparison with Makro, which obviously caters to a less refined local taste for meats.

All in all a satisfied customer here. Keep it up and thank you for providing this meat option to Chiangmai.

while the 2 different steaks(striploin and rib eye) I bought from you were tasty they also had a lot of fat and sinew through them. For the price I paid it was disappointing and it may well only be some that are like this but all the meat should be of high quality and trimmed of the excess fat and sinew. Just using the feedback that praises it and not the ones that raised concerns also doesnt help, honesty is important when you run a business, while these buyers got good meat there are several that didnt. You want good custom then you need to ensure that the butchers trim it correcty and dont let the not so good bits to be put into the orders, if the quality is kept high you will get repeat purchases but after what I bought for christmas I will not buy again due entirely to the quality of the meat(this includes the pochetta). It is hard to find good steak but even Makro sells some cuts that are the same quality if not better then what you sent me, improvement is needed

Thanks for your valuable feedback which will help us keep improving our product range and service.

For our product reviews we check that they are from real customers and you are free to leave products reviews on the products you have ordered. This will be beneficial for us and other customers so they can decide what to buy. We always try to do everything in an honest and transparent way, that is the only way.

I will pass on your comments to Sloane's about the porchetta which otherwise got very good feedback from other customers.

I dont mind spending money on good beef. For me marbeling can be a sign of good beef and if grilled or broiled correctly it's great .the marbeling dissolves and helps with flavor. What I dont like is having to trim excess off and to have to chew through it. That's why I have to see the meat before I buy it. Seems in this country they leave as much as possible on as they can. Just look at the brocholi stalks here.........

I dont mind spending money on good beef. For me marbeling can be a sign of good beef and if grilled or broiled correctly it's great .the marbeling dissolves and helps with flavor. What I dont like is having to trim excess off and to have to chew through it. That's why I have to see the meat before I buy it. Seems in this country they leave as much as possible on as they can. Just look at the brocholi stalks here.........

Well, more is better, right? At least that seems to be the perception here...

Water bottles filled to the brim, so one is almost certain to spill some.

I guess it is non-comprehension of "net contents".

Most of the pictures look to me like there is to much fat marbled in the meat. Need some fat but this looks in excess to me. i grew up in cattle country and where I am from heavily marbled beef like that is not preferred.

Fat equals flavour. You might not prefer it, but a lot of people do.

Some of our customers ask us to send them photos of the steaks that we plan on sending out so they can check. Usually it is for wagyu as it seems the marbling is very important to some customers.

We can also do this for customers who want to buy our dry aged beef and other beef such as Certified US Angus or Tasmanian Angus. Simply ask and we can send the photos first for approval.

I attach a photo we just took of a couple of our tenderloins as an example. Pretty much all our tenderloins are like this with minimal fat or trimming on this cut (the striploin and ribeye naturally have more fat around the edges but they too are always trimmed).

post-244103-0-39002300-1453278149_thumb.

I was very impressed with the quality of the meat. I purchased the tomahawk steak and rib eye among other items through the passionbox.

Most cuts of meat do have a small fat lining, but personally I think it adds flavor when frying the steak. Part of a good steak is the way they are cooked, so I can imagine that the end result differs for everyone.

Just to comment on a previous reply, I find it a far stretch to make a comparison with Makro, which obviously caters to a less refined local taste for meats.

All in all a satisfied customer here. Keep it up and thank you for providing this meat option to Chiangmai.

if you know what to look for in meat then you are able to find some decent cuts in a few different shops in Thailand including Macro, not all the time but every so often they do have some decent cuts but only a small amount, tops tend to have better cuts more often. Having a chef/restaurant owner as a father I grew up with good food and am very particular how the meat is cooked, I only use a griddle pan for steak and always cook it medium rare turning once plus letting it rest before serving. Fat is good(I actually enjoy eating it) as it does add flavour to the meat but only in small amounts, I trimmed a third of my steaks off in excess fat and sinew(was not even chewable), I also ate some of it, the porchetta I trimmed around 1 kg of fat off a 4 kg piece, it had been used to make up for the small amount of pork in one section but again the section without much fat was pretty good. As I said a bit of fat is fine but when you are paying top dollar for supposed top quality this should never happen. Their cheese was brilliant and worth the money paid, the lard was also very good, sausage rolls were not up to scratch and the meat was well below standard purely due the lack of good trimming by the butcher, this should not happen and it makes me think twice before buying more meat, especially the even more expensive cuts.

You fried a 900 Baht steak?

Most of the pictures look to me like there is to much fat marbled in the meat. Need some fat but this looks in excess to me. i grew up in cattle country and where I am from heavily marbled beef like that is not preferred.

Especially the Japanese who I believe are the largest nationality for expats in Thailand.

OB

You want some feedback so here you go.

First of all your delivery service is excellent... Items were delivered exactly on time.

First the bad...the mature cheddar I found too sharp and almost like a bad Irish cheddar...very waxy as well and not to my liking so won't be ordering it again unless it is changed.

The chipolatas sausages from Sloane's had some gristle in them...not your fault and to be fair they are very tasty...might try the chorizo next time.

The back bacon was great... definitely be ordering that again.

Best of all was the halloumi pan fried on some toast...absolute heaven!

The chicken and mushroom pies didn't wow me but not bad.

Definitely use this service again soon and will try a few different things.

I'm recommending Passion delivery, I have had a range of meat products from them and all have been exelent. I like this type of service anyway. Having gourmet goodies turn up on you doorstep all nicely packed is far more satifiying than negotiating the down town traffic we have acquired in Pattaya to get to the likes of Villa or Foodland, it's no longer a pleasure driving downtown except perhaps at three o'clock in the morning when there are just some other night owls around.

I would say, as with all meats I buy from any supplier, from Makro to Villa and Passion or alike, the meat might benefit from some extra care to taste its best . Sometimes I will air dry a cut in my fridge or just allow it to age a bit further, and on cooking as with any cut, always rest the meat, it's not going anywhere and it always tastes a whole lot better.

Give Passion Delivery a go is my recommendation , it's a great service to have out in Pattaya.

Re Arnos http://pantip.com/topic/34136989

I checked out the web site , and yes the meat looks good.

Not so tasty looking are state of his fingernails and wooden butchers block.

BKK is one of the hottest cities in the world and bacteria just loves the place.

So although I would feel comfortable with the quaint butchers image like back in the UK. Here in Thailand, sorry not so. Hygiene concerning food contamination is far greater problem here than in our cooler climes. So hygiene standards must be higher and well adhered too. I have done enough gambling with my guts to not want to take a risk if I see one. For those of you that like to gamble , not a problem obviously.

You fried a 900 Baht steak?

I always do sorry.gif

Is passion delivery and the accidental butcher the same company?

PassionDelivery and the Accidental Butcher are 2 different companies. We sell products from the Accidental Butcher but not the other way round.

Best selling products from the Accidental Butcher that we sell are:

Tasmanian Angus Ribeye

Tasmanian Angus Tenderloin

Wagyu burger

Tasmanian Angus stewing beef

Australian diced lamb

We also sell a massive range of other premium meats not from the Accidental Butcher and at really good prices such as:

US Certified Angus from the US

Dry aged beef

Wagyu from Japan, Australian and Thailand.

Our prices are up to 30% cheaper than leading supermarkets (for example our US Certified Angus and Wagyu).

You can see the whole range here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat

post-244103-0-45905900-1453435186_thumb.

post-244103-0-37526100-1453435189_thumb.

post-244103-0-40210000-1453435192_thumb.

post-244103-0-40241100-1453435195_thumb.

post-244103-0-41731400-1453435198_thumb.

Especially the Japanese who I believe are the largest nationality for expats in Thailand.

OB

Marbled japanese steaks have soft fat which melts while being grilled.

Western steaks have chewinggum fat or gristle/senuw. I also don't like the look of a a steak with 2cm of pure fat at the edge. Maybe the Thai eat it but i won't.

OB

Western steaks have chewinggum fat or gristle/senuw. I also don't like the look of a a steak with 2cm of pure fat at the edge. Maybe the Thai eat it but i won't.

Most people think that the marbling (fat) in Wagyu beef is not good for you. In fact it is much healthier for you than you think.

This quote from the UK's Telegraph "And it’s not just any fat – this is a soft fat with a low melting point, due in part to its high proportion of monounsaturated fats, to go along with high levels of omega 3 and 6. Which, yes, means that it is probably healthier fat than the regular saturated kind".

More interesting links below.

https://www.imperialwagyubeef.com/wagyu-beef/health-benefits/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11406635/Whats-all-the-fuss-about-Wagyu-beef.html

We also sell Premium Beef Tallow for cooking with. It has tons of benefits and is much better than using vegetable, sunflower or soybean oils. See the benefits here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/bestsellers/products/premium-wagyu-tallow-300ml-pcb012

post-244103-0-02261200-1453525135_thumb.

post-244103-0-34554500-1453525139_thumb.

post-244103-0-79302200-1453525143_thumb.

post-244103-0-75697700-1453525167_thumb.

OB

Your generalization of "Western" steaks is off base. Good steaks are not hard to find in USA; most large grocery stores have good cuts of meat if one knows how to judge it.

In rural areas local locker plants where many of the farmers bring their own beef to be butchered are easy to find.

Other than some crappy chain restaurants, most will have good steaks as well.

You have to agree with this poster.

The meat photos posted show an excessive amount of marbling and fat throughout the meat.

This is not associated with good quality.

When you only post positive reviews and people come read negative reviews in the forum, it is evidence of trying to hide the true facts to make a buck.

All reviews should be posted and if there is an excessive amount of negative ones, provide customer service and fix the problems.

Your own photos are not evidence of your claims this is the best in Thailand.

When businesses distort the facts to make a profit and stay in business, that is just plain wrong.

Are any of the products you sell your own products or are you simply rebranding other companies products with your own labels?

If you are not in the cattle business yourselves, aren't you at the mercy of the quality of the products you are reselling?

What is the distribution time for US Beef?

How long is the meat in the vacuum packaging from the time it is cut/shipped until it arrives to the customer?

If marbling isn't associated with quality, why does the USDA award its highest grades to the steaks with the most marbling, and lower grades to those with less?

Marbling is only one of many criteria. You may find this interesting; http://meat.tamu.edu/beefgrading/

Marbling is also a contentious issue today. Many consumers have moved to leaner cuts, so the old marbling format is not reflective of western consumer trends. The differences are even more discernible in the North American market: US beef tends to have more fat, with an emphasis on corn feed lots to fatten the beef before slaughter and a prevalence of antibiotics. Canadian beef is leaner, with a greater likelihood of free range than feed lots, the use of grains other than corn and a slightly lower use of antibiotics because of the use of lower density beef production. The Canadian market prefers Canadian beef, but there is a constant guaranteed market for US beef in Canada because a segment of the market prefers the higher fat content and the different texture and flavor associated with corn fed beef. Canadian and Australian consumers are conscious about marbling and prefer leaner cuts. They also consider "frying" a quality piece of beef a sin. If you are a European and fry everything, you want that heavy fat content. If you are an Australian who knows how to BBQ properly, you can produce a perfectly cooked lean steak easily.

That's why there are such divergent responses on this thread. Some people come from cultures which are more advanced when it comes to the art of proper steak preparation and know how to prepare with various cuts of beef. Others want heavy marbling I suppose because they remember how cold it got back in Warsaw in the winter of '55. wink.png