Jilted bride leaves job, sells everything, travels world, writes book

snoop1130

Jilted bride leaves job, sells everything, travels world, writes book
Sukhumvit News

katy-collins-lonely-hearts-travel-club.j

For Katy Colins, being left at the altar was the end to life as she knew it.

But instead of moping around despondently at home over what she had lost, Colins quit her UK public relations job, sold her house and her car and left everything for a backpacking trip around Southeast Asia, reports The Telegraph.

“Everyone did think I was a little mad, especially as I’d never travelled anywhere by myself before, but it just felt right,” she explained.

“I needed the time away from everything and everyone I knew to find myself, but it wasn’t as cheesy as that.”

As she trekked solo through Thailand, India and Nepal, Colins kept a travel blog to keep her friends and family updated on her new adventures. After a period of time, however, new readers started sending her messages of support, including other men and women suffering from the heartache of a breakup.

“I received messages from other newly-single men and women who said they read my blog as an inspiration – that just because you’ve been dumped it doesn’t mean you have to listen to bad power anthems and devour ice-cream!”

Full Story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/jilted-bride-leaves-job-sells-everything-travels-world-writes-book/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-01-20

I like her style, taking control of her own life and living it through traveling experiences.

And when she runs out of money,

Some guy will still marry her and pay for everything for the rest of her life.

That's rather demeaning to women.

She's getting royalties from the book, what makes you think all women get married and want some man to pay for everything for the rest of their lives? Get with the 21st century mindset, unless you're speaking from experience that's an off remark.

That's fully up to her. Most likely she'll return back to home and start working again. She also might find new opportunities, while she travels.

What ever happens, her experiences are always with her. At least she did what she most likely wanted to do with her life.

I sold my (very little) what I owned when I was young. Traveled until my money run out. Then returned back to my office job. Worked there for some time and moved to work in SEA. At that point, my travel time was for my advantage as relocating people is expensive and sometimes risky in case people miss home too much.

I like her style, taking control of her own life and living it through traveling experiences.

She's getting royalties from the book, what makes you think all women get married and want some man to pay for everything for the rest of their lives? Get with the 21st century mindset, unless you're speaking from experience that's an off remark.

he's speaking from experience...

what makes you think all women get married and want some man to pay for everything for the rest of their lives? Get with the 21st century mindset,

If I were an attractive woman, it's what I'd do.

PS

How much mileage would this story have received if she and been fat and 40?

Almost every photo of her is in a tiny bikini with a F$£@ me pose.

Why? ( To the bit above the P.S) You mean to say you're an unattractive woman?

If you read the link I previously posted you will see what she is now doing.

Katy, of Formby, Merseyside, has since backpacked around South America for six months and lived in France, teaching English, for the past two years.

My but you do have some issues, don't you?

Are you basing this on your own experiences?

Good for her.

They offered me a 3 book deal

Ironically, an editor called me on what would have been our third wedding anniversary,” Colins said.

Glad to see she has completely put it behind her after all those years......................coffee1.gif

Edited by oxo1947

Please keep comments civil and on topic. This rule applies to this thread:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

thats all the girls want in thailand.

thats all the girls want in thailand.

She's not in Thailand.