Student activist leader 'abducted' near Thammasat University

webfact

Now although I am very much not a junta supporter I would not take the word of this movement that he was abducted. Difference between abduction and apprehended. He was after all wanted by the military court on a BS charge.

This did not look like an arrest, but more like a kidnapping.

Keep digging boys.

Then share a link to the video and I may feel differently. All I see is a photo of a pick-up truck. Edited by ldiablo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the usual junta giks will defend this

Already have, see trogers post.

hahahahaha, desperation from the shin/red supporters, how dare anyone state the facts, this has nothing to do with defending it is purely telling the truth if the matter. This student had an arrest warrant issued against him, if he was in fact arrested then there was nothing untoward done, if he was "kidnapped" it would be a different matter but if you care to read the rest of the articles it states he was arrested. Of course stating it was a kidnapping by his fellow activists sounds a lot better for them than admitting he was simply arrested, sometimes it pays to look at all the information before putting your feet in your mouth, if the junta does the wrong thing anyone with any sense will jump on them.

Take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror flower boy, what do you see, a Benedict Arnold?

Is it snatching if he has been summoned by a court and refuses to turn himself in ?

(if they deny having him and not sending him to that court but keeping him locked up somewhere I will agree with you but so far that is not clear yet)

I think soldiers bundling him into a pick up truck at 11 pm on the street, and driving him away is snatching.

As opposed to causing a riot if they got him in his classes ? How do you think the police in civilized countries arrest people when they don't want a disturbance.. in a public setting with loads of people who will resist or get him at a quiet place ?

But as I said if he does get his day in court and gets held somewhere without that I will agree with you.

for riding a train to a PARK??? have you lost your mind?

Who says I agree with the charges (I don't) commenting here on the snatching / abducting thing. I see this as normal practice when going after high profile targets that could cause a disturbance. Its no different in other countries. I don't agree however with the charges and hope he gets cleared.

Now although I am very much not a junta supporter I would not take the word of this movement that he was abducted. Difference between abduction and apprehended. He was after all wanted by the military court on a BS charge.

Keep digging boys.

Then share a link to the video and I may feel differently. All I see is a photo of a pick-up truck.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/5784

And here is a link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/newdemocracymovement/?fref=ts

Who says I agree with the charges (I don't) commenting here on the snatching / abducting thing. I see this as normal practice when going after high profile targets that could cause a disturbance. Its no different in other countries. I don't agree however with the charges and hope he gets cleared.

'Normal practice' to kidnap students for fear they might cause a disturbance?, maybe in North Korea or China.

i think its already here many times i have had to wait for info to come or get a connection, its like waiting for a bus

and i have a very high speed internet its no better than low speed because its like there is a log jam

Thailand is becoming more like China or N.Korea everyday,

just need the single gateway for the Internet to be in full

control.

regards Worgeordie

ok fair enough but it's sinister for any Army to be arresting students in the dead of night for riding a train to a park can you IMAGINE what the outcry would be in other countries?

Abducted or arrested? Isn't there an arrest warrant on his head?

The Military are not the Law and any arrest should be carried out by the police after having received an order so to do from the public prosecutor's office. Not some bloody army general who, in any civilised country would not and should not be involved in administering The Laws of The Land.

Snatching student activists of the streets! And so the next phase begins..

Will they admit to having him?

Will they make public where he is?

Will he be allowed a lawyer?

No to all the above. Its a page right out of China's playbook. The downhill slide is picking up. I guess they thought they could pull this off without any social media catching on. Failure.

Keep digging boys.

Then share a link to the video and I may feel differently. All I see is a photo of a pick-up truck.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/5784

And here is a link to the video: https://www.facebook.com/newdemocracymovement/?fref=ts

From the article:

Eight military officers at around 10:35 pm on Wednesday, 20 January 2016, abducted Sirawit Serithiwat, aka. Ja New, while he was walking around the Rangsit Campus of Thammasat University.

Sassawat Komneeyawanich, his friend who was with Sirawit when he was taken said that eight officers came out of two pickup trucks with concealed license plate and abducted him amid presence of many other students and others.

The officer arbitrarily took him into one of the cars without presenting the arrest warrant and providing information as to where they were taking him, Sassawat added.

Now anyone tell me that was NOT an illegal abduction. This place is going to hell.

Edited by dageurreotype

If true, it's a new low for Thailand. Let's hope foreign media run with this story (so it doesn't drop off the radar like so many other disgusting failures of the junta and the RTP)!

Governments are all in a stifling mode at present. Watch the news its all around us. Even so called democracies like S Korea who is fighting their labor unions. England is banning Trump and another reporter or writer China is abducting billionaires, The fiasco in Flint Michigan hardly has made a stir or gathering any type of legs. The Republican controlled media has seen to this. Folks the average Joe is under siege.

It is a question of language not support, it would appear that he was arrested not abducted, let us not get hysterical about this. I don't see trogers post as being in agreement with the present government he was just stating a fact. If he was being secretly abducted they certainly wouldn't be wearing uniforms and they could surely find a less public place to do it.

Call it what you want but this man has done nothing other than disagree with the junta. If you think that's fair then shame on you.

Just as a matter of interest, what would be your reaction if the same thing happened in your home country?

i think its already here many times i have had to wait for info to come or get a connection, its like waiting for a bus

and i have a very high speed internet its no better than low speed because its like there is a log jam

Thailand is becoming more like China or N.Korea everyday,

just need the single gateway for the Internet to be in full

control.

regards Worgeordie

Yes its already here or extensively being tested. In the future you might as well buy a IP cheapest package as it will work just as fast as the more expensive one. Welcome to the new world of exploitation and false information.

Is it snatching if he has been summoned by a court and refuses to turn himself in ?

(if they deny having him and not sending him to that court but keeping him locked up somewhere I will agree with you but so far that is not clear yet)

I think soldiers bundling him into a pick up truck at 11 pm on the street, and driving him away is snatching.

As opposed to causing a riot if they got him in his classes ? How do you think the police in civilized countries arrest people when they don't want a disturbance.. in a public setting with loads of people who will resist or get him at a quiet place ?

But as I said if he does get his day in court and gets held somewhere without that I will agree with you.

Again, for a kid catching a train to a park? "High profile target?" how deluded are you. Makes me worry about those that defend the junta
Maybe the junta could form a posse of willing Farang to inform on those who they consider are causing a disturbance.

Hear hear!

Activist 'Ja New' Alleges Abuse by Abductors
By Pravit Rojanaphruk
Senior Staff Writer

14533477101453347875l.jpg
Still image from a video posted early this morning in which 23-year-old student activist leader Sirawith “Ja New” Seritiwat alleges he was physically and verbally abused by unidentified men who abducted him from in front of Thammasat University late Wednesday night.

BANGKOK — A student activist leader said he was slapped in the head and back, and verbally abused being blindfolded and taken away in an abduction-like operation late last night.

Sirawith “Ja New” Seritiwat, a fourth-year political science student at Thammasat University and a leader of the New Democracy Movement, said the abuse came at the hands of unidentified, uniformed men who forced him into a vehicle at 10:37pm Wednesday night in front of Thammasat University’s Rangsit campus.

He was eventually dropped off at a Thonburi police station, where he told his story to friends who visited him early this morning and recorded his comments on video then posted to Facebook.

“When I was taken into the vehicle my face was covered, and on top of that, a rubber band was placed over my eyes, so I couldn’t see anything,” Sirawith, 23, said in the video. He said the vehicle drove him around for a long time, with about 20 turns taken before he was taken out to a place he reckoned was a field.

“They dragged me into a grassy jungle … and forced me to squat, but I refused.” At that point, he said, the men kicked him down onto the ground.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1453347710

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-21

hahahahaha, desperation from the shin/red supporters, how dare anyone state the facts, this has nothing to do with defending it is purely telling the truth if the matter. This student had an arrest warrant issued against him, if he was in fact arrested then there was nothing untoward done, if he was "kidnapped" it would be a different matter but if you care to read the rest of the articles it states he was arrested. Of course stating it was a kidnapping by his fellow activists sounds a lot better for them than admitting he was simply arrested, sometimes it pays to look at all the information before putting your feet in your mouth, if the junta does the wrong thing anyone with any sense will jump on them.

Ah! I see! You must come from one of those countries where if you voice disagreement with the government a snatch squad of soldiers will drag you from your vehicle at 11pm carrying you off to an undisclosed destination. Thus, carrying out a normal, bog standard arrest.

Kiss my (deleted).

Holy s**t! Taken to a field and forced to kneel while being accused of traitorous behaviour for investigating corruption. Simulating extrajudicial execution technique is one way of "attitude adjustment". The way you know this was officially sanctioned is that they then dropped him off at the police station. Holy s**t!

He is wanted for taking a stand against corruption. Is that not what the little general asked for?

The General has a net worth of over 600 million.. Recently caught out trying to 'juice' in his pals at the silly little statue park, at the tax-payer's expense. Entitled pompous little men that don't give a toss about anyone.

Abducted or arrested? Isn't there an arrest warrant on his head?

The Military are not the Law and any arrest should be carried out by the police after having received an order so to do from the public prosecutor's office. Not some bloody army general who, in any civilised country would not and should not be involved in administering The Laws of The Land.

Sadly the military are the law. Did not one of the juntas earliest edicts authorize any soldier in the rank of 2Lt or above to arrest, detain and treat pretty well as they saw fit anyone that they suspected of dissent?

But then I'm sure that was just in order to stop the evil redshirts from stealing soldiers childrens teddy bears....

Normal practice when going after a civilian unarmed, non-violent target is for the police to make an arrest. Don't you think it strange that it was carried out by the military?

The answer is YES on all counts.

That is after they find him "dead" in custody.

And/or maybe it's a planned opportunistic beat up and nothing more. More details needed.

A " planned opportunistic beat up"

cheesy.gif clap2.gif

That's all right then , nothing to bother about then!

Edited by JAG

Holy s**t! Taken to a field and forced to kneel while being accused of traitorous behaviour for investigating corruption. Simulating extrajudicial execution technique is one way of "attitude adjustment". The way you know this was officially sanctioned is that they then dropped him off at the police station. Holy s**t!

Don't worry, someone will be along in a moment to suggest that it is quite a reasonable thing to do.

Key phrases to watch out for are: "but but but Thaksin" and I rather expect, "if you can't do the time don't do the crime...".