Chinese Human Rights Activist Disappears from Bangkok Train Station

Jonathan Fairfield

Chinese Human Rights Activist Disappears from Bangkok Train Station

BANGKOK – ChineseHuman rights activist and former columnist, Li Xin, who fled China and leaked confidential documents detailing Communist party propaganda efforts has vanished in Thailand, according to his wife.

Li Xin was last heard from before boarding a train en route to Laos. His disappearance follows other cases where critics of Beijing have gone missing or been deported by Thailand’s China-allied junta.

Li, a former writer for the Southern Metropolis Daily newspaper, had been trying unsuccessfully for months to claim political asylum in a western country, his wife, Shi Sanmei, told the Guardian.

She said Li had fled to New Delhi last October after Chinese state security tried to blackmail him into spying on other activists, threatening him with spying charges if he did not comply.

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-01-23

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand now possibly paying the price for not using their long spoons when dealing with the Chinese.

If, I stress if, he has been taken on behalf of or even by the Chinese themselves and nothing is done about it, then the authorities might as well put up the sold sign and move on out.

Thailand now possibly paying the price for not using their long spoons when dealing with the Chinese.

If, I stress if, he has been taken on behalf of or even by the Chinese themselves and nothing is done about it, then the authorities might as well put up the sold sign and move on out.

He may have needed help to cross the border or help in abduction, maybe a concrete slipper if not crossing border or becoming pig tucker.

Every country in the world has been willing to ignore China's renege on the agreement with the UK on Hong Kong, extra territorial claims, the invasion of Tibet and Taiwan's democratic freedom in exchange for trade with China.

Every country in the world has been willing to ignore China's renege on the agreement with the UK on Hong Kong, extra territorial claims, the invasion of Tibet and Taiwan's democratic freedom in exchange for trade with China.

I don't support many of China's action, BUT What has China renege on the agreement with the UK on Hong Kong???

Good poiint.

When did you succumb to alien control?

Good poiint.

When did you succumb to alien control?

If i knew what you are on about i might respond.

As a Chinese human rights activist he should have known better than come to Thailand.

Yes your right just being a Human Rights Activist is like painting a target on your back. No life insurance company would touch you and your part of a truly vanishing species. Most countries in the world hate you and try to silence you. Always thinking of you Andy Hall.

Yes every country has ignored what China has done to HK. It has taken a while but eventually the Red jack boot came down on their neck. The UK knew in time this would happen but sold the people out anyways. They kiss each others you know what for trade. Now China is trying to threaten Taiwan in the same way but the young people there are to smart. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I am amazed that China does not try and go back in time and claim all the lands conquered by Genghis Khan. They have no shame only territorial greed.

5 police officers were just given a free pass for their involvement in the disappearance of another activist some time back. Even though there were witnesses to his abduction. No body was found so no case?

There is apparently no law against disappearing someone in Thailand. Seriously.

Love or hate China. Up to you. Individual choice.

But riddle me this, does anyone think that China is the only country eliminating opponents on a daily basis?

Then riddle me this: does that make it OK?

Thailand is the hub for activist disappearance.

It's gotten so that tv.com posters say "hub" way much more than do the Thai articles they try to ridicule. You've made your point ... now it's getting boring.

Edited by HerbalEd