PM Gen Prayut asks all to take part in reform

rooster59

Thammarat Thadaphrom

BANGKOK, 23 January 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has asked all sides to take part in the reform process while pointing out that it will take a long time for Thailand to achieve stability, prosperity, and sustainability.

Gen Prayut said Thailand is still in the first phase of the reform plan which will be carried out until the end of this year. The second phase will start from 2017 onwards and will continue on for the next 5 years. It will then be followed by more strategic reform plans which will last for a total of 20 years. He assured that all of the reform plans coincide with the country’s economic development model.

He cited a familiar phrase that goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, hoping to make people understand the fact that in order for Thailand to be a strong country, time and cooperation are required.

He said the most important ingredient of a strong foundation is “generosity.” It is the generosity to cooperate and to make sacrifices. He said every citizen has to always think of the nation’s interests before their own.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-23 footer_n.gif

Talk of a 20 year plan is folly... there will be another person in "the hot seat" in the future, with a totally different idea how to best run the country. whistling.gifblink.png

In Thailand's short history (since name change from Siam) the longest anybody has been in office is just over 8 years... That record goes to Gen. Prem...coffee1.gif

Latest coup brings to 12, the number since the end of absolute monarchy in 1932, giving Thailand the dubious accolade of being one of the world's most coup-prone countries. Add to that seven attempted coups...coffee1.gif

Edited by merlin2002

Dear Mr PM,

Your role in reform is to hand over power to an elected government within 16 months, return to the military, support civilian governments without exception, and oppose all military personnel who do otherwise.

Nothing more or less.

With all due respect,

PDL.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

What reform, dear Mr. PM, you can just order to shut down Thailand's network communication, then you HAVE reform..... ABSOLUTE REFORM,..... case finished.... wai2.gifwai2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaxLee

I had the displeasure of listing to his rubbish for the firt time last night. I expected the worst but was in disbelief just how much of a simpleton he really is. He speach was nothing short of lacking any direction, ideas or even understanding of the problems Thailand is facing.

For the PM in an adddress to the nation to be discussing grain size, alternative crops, water shortages and then refer to farmers, who plant crops to survive, as law breakers just showed hw far his head is up his arse. He evn likes the smell, I'll bet.

With these buffalo's at the helm or providing direction, Thailand has no chance to develop and prosper.

So he says elections will be held in 2017 but the second phase of reforms will commence from 2017 and will take 5 years with a more strategic plan for 20 years. Sounds like they are here for the long haul whether it's at the forefront or behind the scenes.

What if the next government decides they don't want to go follow his roadmap? What then?

The General is asking ALL to take part in the reform; but I am guessing you are excluded from this process if you are a student with opposing ideas?

And I suspect there may be more excluded people on his list?

I'm old, old fashioned, old school you may say. However, I have a clear vision of who needs to reform first to stop this country from going backwards to feudal medieval times...

"..........stop this country from going backwards to feudal medieval times...".

Some would argue it is already there?

"The second phase will start from 2017 onwards and will continue on for the next 5 years. It will then be followed by more strategic reform plans which will last for a total of 20 years."

So what he really is saying is that there is no election for the next 20 years..... whistling.gif

wai2.gif

"every citizen has to always think of the nation’s interests before their own"

Something that has been sorely lacking previously.

Just convenient for certain people that the interests of 'the nation' coincide so neatly with their own.