SURVEY: Do you agree with the adding of 360 baht 'Maintenance Fee' on tourists?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you believe the 360 baht 'Maintenance Fee' on tourists will effect tourism??  

615 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I live near a tourist beach Al Manao in Phrachuap

In the week a few foreign tourists, beach and surroundings clean

Weekends and holidays the Thai masses descend resulting in filth and rubbish everywhere they are the ones that need to pay for cleaning and maintenance ... not foreign tourists

Most Thais are pigs when it comes to leaving garbage, simply pigs.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they going to separate tourist from expats living in Thailand on long term visa ?

If in the ticket price , almost impossible....if at the border entrance they will have to set up a collecting desk at the arrival airport.....

Maintenance Fee...360 baht no problem...my saving of health maintenance going to Government hospital rather than the Private Rip-off is huge... for example a ear wash at Private Hospital 3K baht... Government 100 baht!...I consider Maintenance of self while staying here.

If the place wasn't so bloody corrupt and the administration and maintenance of existing tourism features was up to scratch, and crap like what happened at Kho Tao was dealt with properly then Thailand would still be viewed as one of the must do destinations.

I've lived here 25yrs now and bugger all has changed. Just another Administration with a variation on the same old lip service.

I do however greet some of the new initiatives like the BKK cycleways but we know how long that was usable... about 1 day after opening. Now it's a convenient place to park.

Yeah the fee is cheap in falang money but lets get real. If things were done properly here it wouldn't be needed and wouldn't be seen as another gouging of the tourist.

Thailand has be getting huge amounts of money from tourists for a very long time and they just stuffed it in their greedy pockets as fast as they could

Does anyone actually believe this will be spent on anything useful

Really, Huge amounts ? Why do they call Chinese who come here " Zero Tourists " ? Back Packers ?