Blackmailing Foreigner Caught Out

britmaveric

Like many of you we've often observed that the Pattaya local papers never hesitate to publish the full names of foreign victims and suspects. But the Thai parties in a crime are usually just called "Mr. Somchai" or "Miss Nee", if they are named at all.

Now we see this article and the source manages to find and present to us the full name of the Thai national involved -- in a case that centers on issues of personal privacy!

The irony of it all...

I know the guy and the real story.

He was no newbie. In fact he worked here.

He was stupid but the woman took him for a long ride and in frustration he lashed out with the website posting. I think it is more likely that it was the bar that he named that caused him the trouble with the mib.

Very popular bar in Pattaya with good MIB connections.

He is a nice guy and doesn't deserve this shakedown.

Hi Tolly, The only thing you got right is that he is a nice guy.

You do not know the real story no one does. Lets get the facts straight you have not spoken to the people concerned. Also there has and never will be a web site posting.

Where do you get this false information and rumors.

Of course all of us have MIB connections. Some higher than others.

End of story old news.

You do not know the real story no one does. Lets get the facts straight you have not spoken to the people concerned. Also there has and never will be a web site posting.

End of story old news.

Interesting that you come and make one post and provide no information.

I will go with my sources which are rock solid.

And 'of course all of us have MIB connections' oh really that is very interesting. Could it be that you actually represent the mentioned bar?

End of story....I think not. This still has a bit to play out

End of story old news.

The OP stated:

Bar worker Miss Sangduan Sangmate did not hesitate to go to the tourist police after finding that her erst while boyfriend had made unflattering references to her on the internet. Embarrassing pictures were also posted.
:o

P.S. Since your sources are ROCK SOLID "put your money where your mouth is" Show the rest of the forum readers which web sites the girls photo and details were posted.

Yes there were stories from newspapers about something to do with internet postings I guess they got it wrong. There has and never will be a web site posting. We have seen 7 newspapers in English & Thai all the stories were different. It seems to have been all wrong and blown out of proportion.

P.S. Since your sources are ROCK SOLID "put your money where your mouth is" Show the rest of the forum readers which web sites the girls photo and details were posted.

Yes there were stories from newspapers about something to do with internet postings I guess they got it wrong. There has and never will be a web site posting. We have seen 7 newspapers in English & Thai all the stories were different. It seems to have been all wrong and blown out of proportion.

The offending material has been deleted so there is nothing to show now.

You seem to have your knickers in a very twisted knot.

Still waiting for you to provide your version of the 'real story'

I saw this performed on Banglamung cable news, the girl was wearing a hidden mic, and the BIB had a hidden camera.

The fat bloke and the girl were standing outside a 7/11. His demands for money could be clearly heard, the girl handed over the usual marked notes, saying she was meeting a falang later that night and could pay more money the next day.

He was at this point arrested. (The BIB are quite funny with their sting ops :D )

bang to rights for extortion, I would think, case closed.

• 3 weeks later...
Blackmailing foreigner caught out

[moderation snip]Picture removed /Meadish[/moderation snip]

Bar worker Miss Sangduan Sangmate did not hesitate to go to the tourist police after finding that her erst :o while boyfriend had made unflattering references to her on the internet. Embarrassing pictures were also posted.

The entries apparently advised visitors to Thailand not to patronise the bar where she worked. The internet site in question was visited by 200,108 foreigners. Mr Brett Antony Patterson, an Australian national, eventually returned to Thailand and set up a meeting between himself and the girl who had lost face.

Police were also there in a stakeout position and descended mightily on him. It transpired that the Aussie had become annoyed after Miss Sangduan refused to stay with him for several days after a one night stand. She said he was not her cup of tea and had dished out insufficient money. He was charged with an attempt to defraud.

Just wanted to complement you on a interesting and grammatically correct posting.

I saw this performed on Banglamung cable news, the girl was wearing a hidden mic, and the BIB had a hidden camera.

The fat bloke and the girl were standing outside a 7/11. His demands for money could be clearly heard, the girl handed over the usual marked notes, saying she was meeting a falang later that night and could pay more money the next day.

He was at this point arrested. (The BIB are quite funny with their sting ops :D )

bang to rights for extortion, I would think, case closed.

Don't make me laugh why would a thai girl be handing over money to a farang. Not in my lifetime!

Does this smell rotten or what?