Migrant crisis: Iraqis return home, disenchanted with life in Germany

rooster59

Migrant crisis: Iraqis return home, disenchanted with life in Germany

post-247607-0-20520600-1453560367_thumb.

Heval Aram is waiting for a flight to Iraq. He says he and his family travelled for 12 days to reach Germany, but the poor conditions they experienced in refugee camps pushed them to return home.

“They gather people in horrible camps with no space to sleep, bathe or relax. There is no hope here in Germany. I hope nobody will leave their home to come here,” he said.

Others claim the food is too expensive for the amount of money they receive from the state.

There are also complaints the asylum process is too slow.

Some pawn jewellery in order to buy a ticket home, returning, they say, with less than they had on arrival in Germany.

Alla Hadrous owns a jewellery shop and runs a travel agency. He says:
“A lot have left already. I don’t have the exact figure, but it’s a lot. Some have had to sell their valuables – for example, in the jewellery shop next door – in order to buy a ticket back to Erbil or Baghdad.”

For some, returning to conflict-torn Iraq is preferable to the reality of life as a refugee. Others, however, are taking a chance on life in Germany.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-23

German Government is PAYING then in Cash to go home.

That does include the Ticket and some extra ...

Also they do now run a marketing campaing aimed a Potential refugees telling them how bad it is here ... and that "Newsreport" is part of it.

sadly only a handfull so far took the free ticket and cash and did travel back home ... but with news like that it is the plan to discourage many not to come here at all.

I feel sorry for them. Merkel rolled out the red carpet and promised a new life and prosperity to those who simply wanted it enough. Too many people turned up and now she is doing her utmost to renage on the deal in order to save her own political skin and at their expense, having led them on. Our fury should be directed at her and her pals, not those who took up the offer.

I feel sorry for them. Merkel rolled out the red carpet and promised a new life and prosperity to those who simply wanted it enough. Too many people turned up and now she is doing her utmost to renage on the deal in order to save her own political skin and at their expense, having led them on. Our fury should be directed at her and her pals, not those who took up the offer.

nonsense.

it is simply that the West turned out to be very different from the cornucopia imagined by the masses in Iraq and other poor countries.

just look at how many Thais get depressed when they have to live in Europe, LOL. Most want to go back to Thailand.

Do like what Hong Kong did for the Vietnamese boat people... while under UK jurisdiction...

What aspect of HK''s handling of the VBP are you referring to ?

The early arrivals moved on quite quickly to the US as they could prove links to the South Vietnamese govt or military or the US civil administration or military in their country.

As the arrivals increased and it was clear resettlement wouldn't be so easy and HK would be swamped the plan was to repair boats, reprovision and let them sail on but the British government wouldn't allow it. Not humanitarian old chap.

It took many years for repatriation to Vietnam to start despite the efforts of some UNHCR staffers to scupper it because for selfish personal reasons they wanted the Vietnamese to remain.

I left HK in 1996 and there were more than 5,000 still in camps with little hope of resettlement as nobody wanted them and with the handover to China only a year away Beijing wasn't happy with inheriting a situation they hadn't created.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Its nonsense , they are here to stay . There is an agenda to populate Europe with muslims and it is playing out in front of our eyes , with the blessing and backing of the EuroElites who wish to dismember the nation state and replace it with the united states of europe. Civil unrest and mayhem expected and factored into the equation.

However they underestimate the continuing war being waged by islam to infiltrate and outbreed/interbreed with the kuffir and eventually take over the world. In a nutshell.

Do like what Hong Kong did for the Vietnamese boat people... while under UK jurisdiction...

What aspect of HK''s handling of the VBP are you referring to ?

The early arrivals moved on quite quickly to the US as they could prove links to the South Vietnamese govt or military or the US civil administration or military in their country.

As the arrivals increased and it was clear resettlement wouldn't be so easy and HK would be swamped the plan was to repair boats, reprovision and let them sail on but the British government wouldn't allow it. Not humanitarian old chap.

It took many years for repatriation to Vietnam to start despite the efforts of some UNHCR staffers to scupper it because for selfish personal reasons they wanted the Vietnamese to remain.

I left HK in 1996 and there were more than 5,000 still in camps with little hope of resettlement as nobody wanted them and with the handover to China only a year away Beijing wasn't happy with inheriting a situation they hadn't created.

You said it - repatriation.

Shame on Germany that didn't give a house, a citizenship and a generous allowance to every

' refugee' I mean the audacity of the German people to make them wait that long, and what

with those high cost of living there? Merkel has promised us a rose garden.....

More evidence that the bulk of 'refugees' are actually economic migrants.

I don't blame them for coming, especially after that idiot Merkel laid out the red carpet, but the vast majority are not refugees.

Lots of videos on youtube with people acting like disappointed holidaymakers when they arrive in Germany.

I've been telling people all along that Iraq is a far better place to live than Europe. In Iraq you don't have to put up with Merkel. tongue.png

I have close friends and former colleagues (now dual nationals with Iraqi passports and from various western countries). They seem to think that life in Iraq is quite fine. There are some real trouble spots, but there are areas that are quite safe and well guarded. The people I know well and communicate are mostly in the Kurdish area.

At the first sign of serious trouble they can get out of there, but they seem to think it safe.

Refugees fleeing a country need to in a situation where they have to go outside the borders for protection. In Iraq this is generally not the case, at least on a large scale.

Syria is a different situation. It is a full-scale civil war.

nonsense.

it is simply that the West turned out to be very different from the cornucopia imagined by the masses in Iraq and other poor countries.

just look at how many Thais get depressed when they have to live in Europe, LOL. Most want to go back to Thailand.

But doesn't Merkel share the responsibility for giving them the impression that Europe is the land of milk and honey? Surely it is not just down to the traffickers they think this way?

I've been telling people all along that Iraq is a far better place to live than Europe. In Iraq you don't have to put up with Merkel. tongue.png

I have close friends and former colleagues (now dual nationals with Iraqi passports and from various western countries). They seem to think that life in Iraq is quite fine. There are some real trouble spots, but there are areas that are quite safe and well guarded. The people I know well and communicate are mostly in the Kurdish area.

At the first sign of serious trouble they can get out of there, but they seem to think it safe.

Refugees fleeing a country need to in a situation where they have to go outside the borders for protection. In Iraq this is generally not the case, at least on a large scale.

Syria is a different situation. It is a full-scale civil war.

I note that Emirates fly to Baghdad, Basra and Erbil. I very much doubt they would knowingly put their aircraft, passengers and staff at risk even purely from a financial point of view. Do any other heavyweight airlines fly there that you know of or just them?

Basil B post # 7

Maybe the British Government should commandeer some Butlin holiday camps as refugee camps.

Well, as matter of interest those Butlins Camps became a part of U.K. war effort in W.W.2:

With the outbreak of the Second World War, building at Filey was postponed, and the camps at Skegness and Clacton were given over for military use. Wartime use of Butlins camps continued, with resorts at Ayr, Filey, and Pwllheli being completed and opened as military camps.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butlins)

The status of a “refugee” is well defined. I wonder how people can claim their life is in danger in their home country and ask those who gave them shelter for money to fly back, because the food, pocket money and housing is not up to their standard.

Maybe I'm not up to date with the news but I also wonder from which war people from Morocco, Tunisia, Albania, Kosovo and Pakistan are fleeing for their lives.

so, they trekked from Iraq to Germany on foot, over mountain chains, dodging hostiles, braving overcrowded boats and high seas...

,...and now they take a plane back?

Sounds like they booked an adventure vacation package with their travel agent.

Shame on Germany that didn't give a house, a citizenship and a generous allowance to every

' refugee' I mean the audacity of the German people to make them wait that long, and what

with those high cost of living there? Merkel has promised us a rose garden.....

Ezzra, wrong terminology.....not 'refugees', not even illegal arrivals as some callous observers suggest, but......... (drum roll please) migrants!!

I think it was all a big "misunderstanding".