Moving On

Stubby

Hi Folks,

I will be moving next Sunday. I don't have a lot of stuff but there's enough to need a man with a van (or pickup). Friends helped me last time but I got quite a few chips and scratches thrown in with the deal. I think it's better to pay someone who knows what they're doing this time.

My guess is that one trip should do it with the spacious pickup or van. I'll be going from Canal Road (near CM Uni) to another location on Canal Road (not far from Night Safari). Does anyone have any recommendations please? And any ideas how much I should be looking at for the move (give or take)?

Thanks in advance,

Stubby

The items you don't want nicked or scratched.....

Wrap in blankets or towels and cinch down/around with clear packing tape to wrap snugly.....The tape comes right away from the fabric when unpacking.....

Keeps it pretty safe and countoured for easy carrying......

Hi Folks,

I will be moving next Sunday. I don't have a lot of stuff but there's enough to need a man with a van (or pickup). Friends helped me last time but I got quite a few chips and scratches thrown in with the deal. I think it's better to pay someone who knows what they're doing this time.

My guess is that one trip should do it with the spacious pickup or van. I'll be going from Canal Road (near CM Uni) to another location on Canal Road (not far from Night Safari). Does anyone have any recommendations please? And any ideas how much I should be looking at for the move (give or take)?

Good luck with that.....

Edited by millwall_fan

Get a song taew. Give him 500 baht and he will gleefully help load and unload your stuff.

Rgs,

SM

I won't be doing that again SM. I did it once for 900 Baht, just one soi down from where I was living. The agreement was to move all the stuff and help me up to the seventh floor with it. When I came down everything had been dumped on the floor and the driver had took oft, with one of my boxes too. I never saw him or my box of bits ever again. Not everyone is like that of course, but once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz! It was an awkward way to move as well. Too much big stuff for a song teow.

Stubby

The items you don't want nicked or scratched.....

Wrap in blankets or towels and cinch down/around with clear packing tape to wrap snugly.....The tape comes right away from the fabric when unpacking.....

Keeps it pretty safe and countoured for easy carrying......

Thanks for the tips pgraaham ;)

Get a song taew. Give him 500 baht and he will gleefully help load and unload your stuff.

Rgs,

SM

I won't be doing that again SM. I did it once for 900 Baht, just one soi down from where I was living. The agreement was to move all the stuff and help me up to the seventh floor with it. When I came down everything had been dumped on the floor and the driver had took oft, with one of my boxes too. I never saw him or my box of bits ever again. Not everyone is like that of course, but once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz! It was an awkward way to move as well. Too much big stuff for a song teow.

Stubby

So you paid him BEFORE he finished the job... :blink:

Make sure you don't make the same mistake when you hire your new moving company.

Good Luck.

Rgs

SM

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update here about the move. I went with John at CM Removals and I have to say it was, for me, a total stress-free experience. To put it another way, I couldn't have been happier. That's happy with the price, the service, and the speed at which John and his team got me packed up, moved out, an unpacked at the other end. It was an impressive operation and the company was trustworthy, reliable, and professional. Heck, I didn't even have any clothes to iron thanks to the way they hung and transported all my clobber.

So it's a big thumbs-up from me for Chiang Mai, Removals. That's one phone number I won't be losing, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Stubby

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update here about the move. I went with John at CM Removals and I have to say it was, for me, a total stress-free experience. To put it another way, I couldn't have been happier. That's happy with the price, the service, and the speed at which John and his team got me packed up, moved out, an unpacked at the other end. It was an impressive operation and the company was trustworthy, reliable, and professional. Heck, I didn't even have any clothes to iron thanks to the way they hung and transported all my clobber.

So it's a big thumbs-up from me for Chiang Mai, Removals. That's one phone number I won't be losing, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Stubby

Thanks for the feedback. Good information! thumbsup.gif

Hi Folks,

Cheers,

Stubby

Thanks for coming back with the report of the move. Its' good to know that John and his crew at CM Removals is still doing a great job with cross-town moves. We used them five years ago and were totally pleased.

You must have been here long enough to know that a "name" means nothing in business.

Operative word for a move: "Oversight."

Keep your eyes on every movement, every step of the way.

Not if you use Chiang Mai Removals. Relax and expect to be pleased beyond your expectations.

Prices?

That's an impossible question to answer because each job is unique.

It will depend how much stuff you have, how heavy or how bulky it is, and the distance of your move. Then there's the access issue and whether you're on the ground floor or 20 plus floors up. Unless you wanted to know how much my move cost? Though I doubt that means anything to anyone else because of the above.

Now if you want to know about shipping, then I'm sure that is a more fixed price based on cubic meters. But even the price of that might vary if you want your stuff picked up, packed, and stored prior to the move. Best to call and get a quote.

Stubby